So what is Bloom?

#61bd0g5Posted 1/28/2013 11:04:17 AM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
Bloom is a visual effect that reproduces the effect of light extending past the borders of an object. The spartans in Halo 4 MP have lots of bloom as you can light the same color of the spartan extending past the the image of the actual spartan.

Not to be confused with Spread, which is when the accuracy cone expands with prolonged fire.

Read through the topic.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#62KageNoSenshiPosted 1/28/2013 11:08:09 AM
Do people just... not know what flowers do when they mature?
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#63lderivedxPosted 1/28/2013 3:06:17 PM
Letting bloom only refer to the visual display and not also the mechanic that it represents is inefficient and stupid.
---
technically [bloom] adds to the game. but only in the same way cabbage adds to a bowl of froot loops. - ILikeJumpin
GT: i derive dx
#64MasterVading(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:42:52 PM
Oh so it's spread, got it.

_
---
Try out Anarchy Reigns, you might like it.
PSN/GT: menvimacal
#65metroidman92Posted 1/28/2013 6:39:35 PM
MasterVading posted...

_

Sorta. It's essentially the "loss of aim control" that comes with rapidly firing a single-shot weapon. Except, that's supposed to be the byproduct of recoil. Bloom in Halo is more of the bullet magically coming out of the barrel at a different angle that that which the barrel itself is pointed. Which is impossible. Barrels don't bend, unless I'm understanding guns wrong.

It's really less of a problem in 4 that it is in reach. The magnum could do with a little tuning-down of bloom, but it's manageable.
---
I'll be in my bunk...
One does not simply walk into Skuldafn.
#66SahdukPosted 1/28/2013 6:40:53 PM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
Since I'm just getting called stupid for trying to explain why I think made up terms to describe video mechanics mean, I'm gonna stop wasting my time with this. You guys have fun.

u abandon truth 4 comfort
---
"If you're too dumb to speak my language, you're too dumb to talk to me. Get lost."
#67That1GuyyPosted 1/28/2013 11:36:00 PM
MasterVading posted...

That1Guyy posted...
Spread is not the same thing as bloom. Spread is the area where a bullet can randomly land when a gun fires. Bloom is an increase in spread due to continuous firing. Spread and bloom are related, but they are not the same thing.

---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#68CorndogburglarPosted 1/29/2013 7:27:47 AM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
Since I'm just getting called stupid for trying to explain why I think made up terms to describe video mechanics mean, I'm gonna stop wasting my time with this. You guys have fun.

You're getting called stupid because these "made up terms" already have meanings, yet you are completely ignoring those meanings, even though EVERYONE on this board has told you otherwise.

Its like you trying to say that a banana is circular, red, and juicy, even though everyone else in the world knows that you're really talking about an apple. But you're still going to defend it to the death, because in YOUR mind, you think you're right.

You mention Bloom, and that if there was no Bloom, then the DMR would still behave the exact same. Well, sorry, but you're wrong...and stupid. And I fail to see how you can't understand that, because you've said it yourself a few times in this post. Bloom shows the reticle expanding. Yes, it does. But by the reticle expanding, it is making the inaccuracy of the weapon higher. So no, if you turn off Bloom, then the DMR won't behave the exact same way, it will be much more accurate.

But i'm probably wasting my time, because you refuse to listen to everyone else anyway.
---
Everyone said it was a miracle when Jesus hit that grand slam in the bottom of the 9th. I just thought it was a lucky shot.