My first Halo

#1simonsteelePosted 1/27/2013 10:35:19 AM
...and this game is pretty awesome. I'm a little confused about what some of the things MC and Quortana are referring to. Like what's the Flood, or Covenant, etc., but overall I'm really liking it. I'm just doing single player right now, but it's got a pretty interesting story. I like the degrading aspect of Quortana as an AI, and how MC wants to help her. If you guys can help with some of these terms I am not familiar with (I watched the rehash of the missions on the console in the very first room, didn't help much) I'd appreciate it.

I've heard people get pretty down on this game, but it seems good to me. Any reasons?
---
Check out my new zombie novel, "Archetype" www.simonleezombie.com
#2BurstBearPosted 1/27/2013 10:39:08 AM
Covenant are the aliens you fight in Campaign. (not the white enemies)

Flood are space zombies that almost destroyed the Galaxy once or twice.
#3SpiduxxudipSPosted 1/27/2013 10:39:32 AM
halopedia.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#4thedeerzordPosted 1/27/2013 10:41:46 AM
*Cortana
---
I'm going to declare independence from the U.S. Then I'm going to shoot myself. Creating the shortest civil war in the history of man kind.
#5H3YGUYS34Posted 1/27/2013 10:44:00 AM
Her name is Cortana
The flood is a parasite that infects other sentential beings throughout the galaxy.
The covenant are a creature that started war with the human because they thought the humans were opposing there gods(forerunners).
The covenant want to fire the halo rings to follow the forerunners on the great journey. The halo rings eradicate life which is what the flood feeds on. The forerunners built the rings as a lat resort to stop the flood with the price of life in the galaxy. The forerunner's leader the Didact turned ancient humans into metallic creatures called forerunners so they wouldn't be affected if the halo rings went off.
---
Eating broccoli is good for your health but wings, donuts, cookies, and brownies are good for a spartans health while playing with himself (On halo).
#6SpItShOt0993Posted 1/27/2013 10:46:48 AM
Buy halo combat evolved anniversary and play it from there up. If you thought this game was awesome, then you will love the others. My personal favorite was halo 2.
#7H3YGUYS34Posted 1/27/2013 11:00:33 AM
How was CE and halo 2.
---
Eating broccoli is good for your health but wings, donuts, cookies, and brownies are good for a spartans health while playing with himself (On halo).
#8sec713Posted 1/27/2013 11:01:54 AM
SpItShOt0993 posted...
Buy halo combat evolved anniversary and play it from there up. If you thought this game was awesome, then you will love the others. My personal favorite was halo 2.

Oh lord before everyone starts talking crap about Halo 2, I'm gonna quickly agree with you. Yeah the ending was kinda annoying, but everything else about Halo 2 was phenomenal.
---
Insert signature here.
#9Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 1/27/2013 11:02:57 AM
Guys you really don't even know what you're even talking about even. I can't stand all this nonchalant uncannyness.
---
The Jersey Guy
#10simonsteele(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 11:07:20 AM
Cool, that makes more sense. I'll check out the Halopedia.

thedeerzord posted...
*Cortana

Thanks!
---
Check out my new zombie novel, "Archetype" www.simonleezombie.com