My first Halo

#11H3YGUYS34Posted 1/27/2013 11:12:34 AM
Thank me too.
---
Eating broccoli is good for your health but wings, donuts, cookies, and brownies are good for a spartans health while playing with himself (On halo).
#12bodaciousboxxyPosted 1/27/2013 11:31:34 AM
simonsteele posted...
...and this game is pretty awesome. I'm a little confused about what some of the things MC and Quortana are referring to. Like what's the Flood, or Covenant, etc., but overall I'm really liking it. I'm just doing single player right now, but it's got a pretty interesting story. I like the degrading aspect of Quortana as an AI, and how MC wants to help her. If you guys can help with some of these terms I am not familiar with (I watched the rehash of the missions on the console in the very first room, didn't help much) I'd appreciate it.

I've heard people get pretty down on this game, but it seems good to me. Any reasons?

Why would you start with a 4th game in the series? Makes no sense to me at all!
#13enterthemadroxPosted 1/27/2013 11:37:27 AM
simonsteele posted...
I've heard people get pretty down on this game, but it seems good to me. Any reasons?

Backlash because it's not Bungie making the game, it's 343 Industries and therefore, according to their logic, new developer = horrible game regardless whether that's true or not.

Plus the anal attitudes people have online these days and the constant desire to nitpick even the slightest things.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#14SpiduxxudipSPosted 1/27/2013 11:37:48 AM
SpItShOt0993 posted...
Buy halo combat evolved anniversary and play it from there up. If you thought this game was awesome, then you will love the others. My personal favorite was halo 2.

Oh lord before everyone starts talking crap about Halo 2, I'm gonna quickly agree with you. Yeah the ending was kinda annoying, but everything else about Halo 2 was phenomenal.

As long as it's the post-patch/TU Halo 2. Pre-patch Halo 2 sucked ass, all the physics were god awful... ESPECIALLY the nades.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#15simonsteele(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:06:01 PM
bodaciousboxxy posted...
simonsteele posted...
...and this game is pretty awesome. I'm a little confused about what some of the things MC and Quortana are referring to. Like what's the Flood, or Covenant, etc., but overall I'm really liking it. I'm just doing single player right now, but it's got a pretty interesting story. I like the degrading aspect of Quortana as an AI, and how MC wants to help her. If you guys can help with some of these terms I am not familiar with (I watched the rehash of the missions on the console in the very first room, didn't help much) I'd appreciate it.

Why would you start with a 4th game in the series? Makes no sense to me at all!

Because I wasn't interested before, but am now.
---
Check out my new zombie novel, "Archetype" www.simonleezombie.com
#16simonsteele(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:06:22 PM
H3YGUYS34 posted...
Thank me too.

Thanks for all the other stuff!
---
Check out my new zombie novel, "Archetype" www.simonleezombie.com
#17Jakobs_FodderPosted 1/27/2013 12:08:16 PM
Joke topic.
---
The official Sheogorath of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The right and Righteous hand of Whatnos
#18SpItShOt0993Posted 1/27/2013 12:16:23 PM
SpiduxxudipS posted...
SpItShOt0993 posted...
Buy halo combat evolved anniversary and play it from there up. If you thought this game was awesome, then you will love the others. My personal favorite was halo 2.

Oh lord before everyone starts talking crap about Halo 2, I'm gonna quickly agree with you. Yeah the ending was kinda annoying, but everything else about Halo 2 was phenomenal.

As long as it's the post-patch/TU Halo 2. Pre-patch Halo 2 sucked ass, all the physics were god awful... ESPECIALLY the nades.

I know there some faults but it didn't bother me much, I just loved the story, gameplay, and everything about it.
#19AoENIACPosted 1/27/2013 1:10:56 PM
H3YGUYS34 posted...
Her name is Cortana
The flood is a parasite that infects other sentential beings throughout the galaxy.
The covenant are a creature that started war with the human because they thought the humans were opposing there gods(forerunners).
The covenant want to fire the halo rings to follow the forerunners on the great journey. The halo rings eradicate life which is what the flood feeds on. The forerunners built the rings as a lat resort to stop the flood with the price of life in the galaxy. The forerunner's leader the Didact turned ancient humans into metallic creatures called forerunners so they wouldn't be affected if the halo rings went off.

I'm sorry but you got a laugh out of me when you said sentential instead of sentient! The Flood has nothing to do with sentence structure!

Also you could maybe explain more that the Covenant was a GROUP of races under one religion and that they worshiped the ancient race the Forerunners who are not gods but were really advanced and that Forerunner artifacts identified Humans as other Forerunner artifacts which goes against the Covenant religion which is why the Covenant leadership attacked Humanity because they feared this knowledge would dissolve the Covenant if it became known.

And that the Covenant you fight in this game is not the original Covenant but a remnant colony known as the Storm Covenant who no longer follow the old leaders but who still believe the Forerunners are gods.

The Halo rings actually don't eradicate LIFE but it's very complicated to explain. In the Halo universe, the universe itself is kind of like a living thing (not literally) but it has a background neural network of sorts that all Precursor technology was based on. Precursors were the ones who uplifted the ancient Humans and Forerunners but the Forerunners later wiped them out after the Precursors were weakened from internal conflict and when it looked like the ancient Humans were going to inherit the Precursor legacy, the Mantle of galactic responsibility, instead of the Forerunners.
The Halo arrays eradicate any life within range that has a neural structure which is advanced enough to connect to the background neural network. It starves the Flood because they feed upon and infect that sort of life. It also kills the Flood directly, because as unadvanced as they appear, the Flood are very intricately connected to the background neural network of the universe and that is how they telepathically communicate with each other and their central intelligence, the Gravemind, which was apparently made from the last Precursor. The Flood were also apparently a punishment left from the Precursors for those who destroyed them, making them Precursor artifacts, of a sort. The Halo arrays destroyed all the Precursor artifacts in range when they were fired, as Precursor artifacts were also connected to the background neural network.

Furthermore, the Didact was not the Forerunner leader, far from it, but he was the highest general. Forerunner society was divided into Builders, Miners, Lifeworkers, Warriors, and Engineers. Ranked in that order. And he was the highest of the warrior caste, the commander of the Promethean Knights, who were not digital constructs yet. During the war between ancient Humans and Forerunner, he was in charge. After the ancient Humans were defeated by the Didact's forces, he asked the Lifeshapers to essentially reduce the Humans to an unevolved state (this is why Humans survived the Halos firing the first time). He didn't know that the Humans had been fighting Forerunners because they needed colony worlds to rebuild after a costly victory against the Flood, and when the Flood reached the Forerunners the Didact tried digitizing his Knights to fight the Flood but it wasn't enough so he forcefully digitized Humans using the Composer.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.