Who do you play as in Spartan Ops?

#1N30Chaos687Posted 1/27/2013 3:43:00 PM
I think I missed something, because I'm kinda confused. So, you're Fireteam Crimson right? And Fireteam Majestic are the guys in the first cutscene? If so, then what are they even shown for?
---
Leper Skin
The less smelly of two turds is still a turd
#2EDarienPosted 1/27/2013 3:44:38 PM
N30Chaos687 posted...
I think I missed something, because I'm kinda confused. So, you're Fireteam Crimson right? And Fireteam Majestic are the guys in the first cutscene? If so, then what are they even shown for?

They come up later. Have you actually played it, or just watched the first cutscene and then come here to ask? A member of Majestic talks during a mission in the first episode and some of their members become important as you progress, as well.
---
Lali-ho!
#3EpicgnomePosted 1/27/2013 3:48:22 PM
To put it simply so far. The Story follows along with Team Majestic in cutscenes, seeing as how they wont be able to render your individual spartan in a cutscene.

You PLAY as Team Crimson to advance along the story established in the cutscenes i believe.
---
http://areyoumakingmoreredvsblue.com/
Xbox GT : Urban Jokestur
#4MurphysGhostPosted 1/27/2013 3:50:12 PM
Team Crimson is supposed to be you, whoever you imagine your Spartan to be. If Crimson were characters in the story it would defeat the point of that, so they had Majestic carry the story while Crimson does the dirty work.

As the other poster said, if you keep going it all makes sense. Took me a bit to get used to but I've really warmed to Spartan Ops, it's a fun mode with a decent story if you're interested in the Halo universe.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#5N30Chaos687(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 3:54:34 PM
Ah, I see. I hear them talk all the time, that's what confused me. I was thinking "Wait, aren't I playing as these guys? Who's this Crimson they keep talking about?". I never liked the idea of "envision yourself as the character", it seems more like an excuse to add bland characters, but the mode is still great. Thanks.

Epicgnome posted...
To put it simply so far. The Story follows along with Team Majestic in cutscenes, seeing as how they wont be able to render your individual spartan in a cutscene.

Really? They did it perfectly in Halo: Reach.
---
Leper Skin
#6enterthemadroxPosted 1/27/2013 4:00:09 PM
N30Chaos687 posted...
Ah, I see. I hear them talk all the time, that's what confused me. I was thinking "Wait, aren't I playing as these guys? Who's this Crimson they keep talking about?". I never liked the idea of "envision yourself as the character", it seems more like an excuse to add bland characters, but the mode is still great. Thanks.

Epicgnome posted...

That's because that one Spartan was silent and never removed his helmet so that it could be you, just like Link is supposed to be you in the Zelda games (hence putting your name in when you create a new file so that the character is yourself).

Videogames have been doing this whole "you are the character" thing since the 80s but only a few have gotten it right. Zelda series for one. Every GTA up until VC when they gave the main character you played as a name and personality too.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#7N30Chaos687(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 4:11:56 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
N30Chaos687 posted...

Epicgnome posted...

That's because that one Spartan was silent and never removed his helmet so that it could be you, just like Link is supposed to be you in the Zelda games (hence putting your name in when you create a new file so that the character is yourself).

Videogames have been doing this whole "you are the character" thing since the 80s but only a few have gotten it right. Zelda series for one. Every GTA up until VC when they gave the main character you played as a name and personality too.

I see what you mean, but Noble 6 had a voice during cutscenes, so he was still somewhat characterized. He was no Ezio Auditore, but it was there. And they made Master Chief talk during gameplay in this game after 3 games, so they could do it for a new character with no problem. I don't know, just seems weird.
---
Leper Skin
#8Karsh_14Posted 1/27/2013 4:43:09 PM
You wouldn't want to be associated with those scrubs in Majestic anyways, so unprofessional.
---
Cheers.
#9SimplyQuidPosted 1/27/2013 4:58:59 PM
Karsh_14 posted...
You wouldn't want to be associated with those scrubs in Majestic anyways, so unprofessional.

Seriously. More like a bunch of rowdy ODST's.
#10N30Chaos687(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 5:30:55 PM
SimplyQuid posted...
Karsh_14 posted...

Seriously. More like a bunch of rowdy ODST's.

Complete with the black guy, the ugly military female, and arrogant white dude.
---
Leper Skin