I've fallen in love with the Carbine.

#1ShadowMaster684Posted 1/27/2013 7:36:14 PM
I am an absolute assist machine. Somehow I still manage to stay positive, too, and I'm mediocre with overpowered crap like the DMR.
---
Currently Playing: Halo 4
Gamertag: Vanguard VII
#2iRGushPosted 1/27/2013 7:37:30 PM
just because the other rifles suck, it doesn't mean the dmr is op
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#3JackhammerM60Posted 1/27/2013 7:38:11 PM
The Plasma Carbine was always my favorite weapon. I really wish it got a buff.
---
Visit Arashiboards.net for a friendly and knowledgeable Storm Community!
Official Owlman of the I:GAU and MK9 boards.
#4ShadowMaster684(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:40:04 PM

The DMR being OP means the DMR is OP. Is it on an extreme level? No. The difference is easily clear, though.
---
#5Patty_FleurPosted 1/27/2013 7:45:36 PM
Some dude had oversheild and I killed him with the Carbine. People never seem to accurately shoot back against it.
---
Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
#6iRGushPosted 1/27/2013 7:46:00 PM
ShadowMaster684 posted...

The DMR being OP means the DMR is OP. Is it on an extreme level? No. The difference is easily clear, though.

explain to me why you think the dmr is op
---
#7ShadowMaster684(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:49:39 PM(edited)
It has a longer effective range (and zoom magnification) than the other rifles and deals the same amount of damage as the Battle Rifle, but fires faster and has a larger clip. Any semblance of bloom is lost with bullet magnetism. It's definitely ahead of the pack overall when it comes to the precision loadout weapons.
---
#8iRGushPosted 1/27/2013 8:00:12 PM(edited)
ShadowMaster684 posted...
It has a longer effective range (and zoom magnification) than the other rifles and deals the same amount of damage as the Battle Rifle, but fires faster and has a larger clip. Any semblance of bloom is lost with bullet magnetism. It's definitely ahead of the pack overall when it comes to the precision loadout weapons.

The light rifle has the same amount of zoom distance, but kills faster. The BR is an inconsistent, slow killing weapon, why do they have to be on par with eachother? If anything, that just shows weakness on the BR. Bloom makes a difference if you've ever done testing at long range. All primaries have the same bullet magnetism incase you're wondering, except for the carbine, which has slightly more.

Its clear it is superior, but when has there not been a superior weapon in a halo game? Just accept the DMR as the utility weapon, nerfing it would be like nerfing the H3 battle rifle so the carbine can compete, theres no point, just use the jack of all trades weapon provided. The only nerf it needs, along with other primaries, is an aim assist nerf.
---
#9ShadowMaster684(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 8:03:27 PM
Right, but the lightrifle loses effectiveness at close range, and while bullet magnetism is present on every weapon, I'm saying it negates bloom to some extent, and renders the effect of that nearly pointless. At extremely long ranges I'm sure it takes effect, but that doesn't necessarily change that the DMR has a longer effective range than the others (save the lightrifle, which again, isn't as good in the way of utility up close).

I'm not saying it needs to be nerfed, I'm just pointing out that it's clearly the best, which you seem to agree with. All I was saying is that I'm surprised that the Carbine is actually decent in my very ineffective hands. Seems like a good support-oriented weapon, and that's a role I like to take in battle anyway.
---
#10Phoenixmon2Posted 1/27/2013 8:12:04 PM
If you don't think the DMR is disproportionately better than every other starting weapon, you need to play the game a little longer.