Dominion Diaries Credits video, IGN interview, and Trivia Topic

#11IamChaCha(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 11:34:37 AM(edited)
[A]
-Cameos from Deadpool and Ash Holt (characters from previous installments) were ultimately scrapped, as only a handful of users were reocurring (dontyoulookatme etc.) and so more confusion would have arisen.

-References in the abyss: Tropic thunder, 4th wall, gamefaqs, Dark Souls

-Despite the topic title, Dominion was never supposed to be a reoccurring game mode

-The domain name: Oddball Odyssey has been trademarked. This is not a confirmation.

-The Derived Says section was heavily shortened. Initially, the requests Derived would ask would be seemingly impossible unless you are familiar enough with some mechanics of the game and the game's engine. In other words, if you aren't well aware of myths busted or confirmed in Defendthehouse's Halo4 mythbusters, you wouldn't easily figure them out. This was cut due to difficulty.

-As per the improvised nature of the whole thing, the topic started without a villain. Derived's acceptance of the role can be seen on the first or second page, and after the halfway point, there were about 5-7 different ending outcomes due to locked in decisions. The ending seen is the second 'best' ending. One of the 'bad' endings would have had real life consequences to our hero.

-Any user could have requested a permanent character cameo without limit, including having custom dialogue PM'd to me and introduced into the story. Only Total_Reverse did so, and the riddle was selected by Iderivedx instead of any particular lines.

-The ending video had to be made in advance in case you guys lost prematurely. This, unfortunately, left out a lot of users who participated later on from appearing in the credits. My apologies ;_;

It was a real UZI. I shall never be visiting IGN again.
---
If Jimmy's mom had four children, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, what is the fourth ones name?
#12dontyoulookatmePosted 1/30/2013 4:55:26 PM
This and the mvc3 one are tied in my book. Plan on doing a sequel or a spiritual successor?
---
Don't look at me like that
#13ssj3bladePosted 1/30/2013 5:24:30 PM
Any user could have requested a permanent character cameo without limit

AWH HELL NO
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/68tye8.jpg
~ ssj3blade || GT = finalfantastica
#14IamChaCha(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:49:45 PM
ssj3blade posted...
Any user could have requested a permanent character cameo without limit

AWH HELL NO

I'm afraid the hell is of the yes variety, Mr. Blade. You could have easily been a villain that Derived worked for, a badass who emerges from the abyss, or even have been made to romance one of the characters, most likely Incineration Canon. All you guys had to do was ask ;)
---
If Jimmy's mom had four children, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, what is the fourth ones name?
#15ssj3bladePosted 1/30/2013 7:56:06 PM
Man I really want to be in a story. When is volume 2 coming out?
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/68tye8.jpg
~ ssj3blade || GT = finalfantastica
#16IamChaCha(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:13:05 PM
ssj3blade posted...

We have yet to make an official announcement.

However the free for all character privilege is no more. To be part of the story, you must participate in the open beta coming in February. Details down the road, but the sequel:

It will be bigger!
Better!
With more characters!
Plot twists up the wazoo!*
Choices that matter!
Mind boggling drama!
More sexual tension!**
With in-game prizes that can be won!***

*This is a lie.
**This is entirely fabricated.
***You will receive nothing.
---
#17captaingooch19Posted 1/30/2013 9:10:32 PM
I definitely want to be a character. This story was awesome! Great work!
#18lderivedxPosted 1/30/2013 9:22:48 PM
-The final riddle was concocted by the real life Iderivedx

:)
---
#1 Deriver on H4GB
GT: i derive dx
#19zetsuhimozePosted 1/31/2013 4:18:07 AM
IamChaCha posted...
ssj3blade posted...

We have yet to make an official announcement.

However the free for all character privilege is no more. To be part of the story, you must participate in the open beta coming in February. Details down the road, but the sequel:

It will be bigger!
Better!
With more characters!
Plot twists up the wazoo!*
Choices that matter!
Mind boggling drama!
More sexual tension!**
With in-game prizes that can be won!***

*This is a lie.
**This is entirely fabricated.
***You will receive nothing.

So this is mass effect now only the choices matter?
---
Psn zetsu_himoze
#20The_Dark_WallPosted 1/31/2013 5:20:20 AM
This makes me feel like we missed the good stuff.
---
"The only philosophy that is always right is that no philosophy is always right"