Any *EARLY* tips for a long time Halo player, first time Halo 4 player?

#11Killean_NuggetsPosted 1/28/2013 11:47:25 AM
TC is really bad, js.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#12HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:48:34 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
We have not...yet

then prepare to go undefeated forever.
---
Playstation 3.
PSP.
#13Suicide_JesterPosted 1/28/2013 11:52:45 AM
Stick with your team mates when moving around the map. I feel like this is more important in this game than any of the other Halos. I think it's because everyone has sprint so it's easy to run out of a bad situation and have a friend go in and clean up.

Also, the SAW is a beast of a weapon, but practise firing it in bursts to get the best accuracy at range and get the most out of the ammo you're given.
#14MephystoPosted 1/28/2013 12:00:25 PM
If you play through the single player campaign and do the first 5 Spartan Ops episodes (at 5 chapters each), you'll be at SR18 before you jump into your first multiplayer match, and starting equipment shouldn't even be an issue then because you'll have most of it unlocked at that point.

I highly recommend doing the campaign and Spartan Ops missions first. :P
#15HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 12:23:49 PM
Mephysto posted...

is it bad that I have no interest in campaign/spartan ops?
---
Playstation 3.
PSP.
#16Jakobs_FodderPosted 1/28/2013 12:30:27 PM
HaloODSTD posted...
Mephysto posted...

Not so much in regards to Spartan Ops.
I didn't get into it really until recently. I thought it was a wasted effort by 343i but it's not too too bad.

The campaign, nah. It's preference I suppose. I mean I think people should at least play through it on normal to get the experience. But honestly, it's optional.
---
The official Sheogorath of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The right and Righteous hand of Whatnos
#17MephystoPosted 1/28/2013 1:40:09 PM(edited)
HaloODSTD posted...
Mephysto posted...

No, to each their own. I just suggested it for the ranking benefits really (since you were concerned about being outclassed in early matches, ranking from single player modes first would insure you wouldn't be).
#18HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 1:52:30 PM
Mephysto posted...
No, to each their own. I just suggested it for the ranking benefits really (since you were concerned about being outclassed in early matches, ranking from single player modes first would insure you wouldn't be).

it's so bad when I play campaign for any FPS game, I have to FORCE myself through the levels, it's like torture really XD
---
Playstation 3.
PSP.
#19MephystoPosted 1/28/2013 2:03:54 PM
HaloODSTD posted...
Mephysto posted...

it's so bad when I play campaign for any FPS game, I have to FORCE myself through the levels, it's like torture really XD

Find a friend and play it co-op online or something... might make it more bearable.. :P
#20RAGEface14Posted 1/28/2013 2:46:06 PM
Another tip about loadout weapons: Don't underestimate the versatility of the assault rifle. It's not so good at long range, but if you stick to corridors and claustrophobic areas like bases, you should be fine. I like to use firepower and put it as a secondary weapon on some classes.
---
GT: RAGEface14