Would you guys like to see Halo 5 go back to classic gameplay?

#1Go2ChurchPosted 1/28/2013 10:35:48 AM
By classic I mean, no Armor Abilities, no sprint, just new maps and weapons. No button combo's a la BxR or RRX.

Regardless, I think they will do better with Halo 5 than they did with Halo 4, which is FAR from failure. It's great, but it needs a little help on the balance end of things.

I think it would be a refreshing change to the ever complicating world of FPS's. I'm under the impression they can't do much more to innovate; so why not regress a little bit, get some depth out of simplicity?
---
GT: Anonymousity
#2HaloODSTDPosted 1/28/2013 10:37:38 AM
DUAL WIELDING! muah hahaha
---
Playstation 3.
PSP.
#3Go2Church(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:57:55 AM
I think it's kind of ridiculous that a topic of more relevance to Halo than 90% of the topics on the front page gets one reply.

What the hell, board.
---
GT: Anonymousity
#4Jakobs_FodderPosted 1/28/2013 11:59:37 AM
I am at a bit of a crossroad with myself on this one.
But I agree on the relevance thing.
---
The official Sheogorath of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The right and Righteous hand of Whatnos
#5fon1988Posted 1/28/2013 12:24:58 PM
I'm not sure I would like to see the game go back to basics all the way.

I would love if there was two separate playlists.

One with all game types with classic gameplay, and one with all of the armor abilities, etc.
#6The MeatmanPosted 1/28/2013 12:36:45 PM
Why don't we just go back to playing PONG.
---
Do you like the taste of meat in your mouth?
#7_Moron_Posted 1/28/2013 12:42:31 PM
as long as there's no teamwork involved (as in you bust your rear downing the enemy's shields while all the other guy contributes is deliver the killing blow and receive full credit for it), I don't mind going back to classics.
---
Chuck Norris doesn't need to run for president, he's already won.
#8MurphysGhostPosted 1/28/2013 12:50:19 PM
I like sprint and Armor Abilities, wouldn't want to see them go.

There should be a classic playlist with no sprint/AA/loadouts and old-school style maps, yes. Anniversary Classic playlist in Reach was/is good stuff.

Also dual-wielding, I wouldn't mind if that came back. Rockin' the Flood with an SMG/Magnum combo in 2 is ridiculously fun.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#9DvoloS88Posted 1/28/2013 1:58:16 PM
Hell no! Would be a big step backwards in gameplay, anyone who thinks yes GO PLAY OLD Halos and enjoy the one movement speed and set weapon locations that get camped and own.
#10imthestuntmanPosted 1/28/2013 2:00:23 PM
make it more like halo 3 and i wont complain. to this day i still consider it one of my favorite games. still plays better than anything else out there.