I'm thinking about buying this game (possible spoilers for games and books)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. I'm thinking about buying this game (possible spoilers for games and books)
3 years ago#1
I love the halo series, I've played all the games and read all the books. I have 2 questions:

1. Halo 3 was good but I felt something missing, how does 4 compare to 3?

2. I've read all the books, does this game pick up where Thursday War left off? Cause the cliffhanger they left off at is driving me nuts.
A wizard did not do it Gamertag: ActionFiveThree
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n244/chucktheduck_69/NES/
3 years ago#2
1. I think it's about even. Halo 3 was maybe a bit better.

2. Halo 4 pretty much starts off where 3 ends.
Games I'm looking forward to: State of Decay, GTA V, Dead Space 3
Currently playing: Black Ops 2, Dark Souls, GTA IV, Bf3
3 years ago#3
Haven't read either Kilo-5 book, but I got the gist of them on Bungie's old Universe forum.

And this does in fact pick up where 3 left off, mostly. There's the aforementioned Kilo-5 lore in between, but strictly from a game canon perspective, it's a direct sequel. Rare for a Halo game, actually. Considering that 1 > 2 didn't do it and neither did 2 > 3.

It's certainly better when it comes to eye-candy. Some of the new maps in SpOps are breathtaking. Halo 3 had good environments, but 4 really is a step above. More akin to Halo 2's skyboxes (Dreadnaught in High Charity, the Control Room, etc)
I'll be in my bunk...
One does not simply walk into Skuldafn.
3 years ago#4
When I expected another level in 3 the credits started, does the same happen in 4 or is there some kind of closure?
A wizard did not do it Gamertag: ActionFiveThree
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n244/chucktheduck_69/NES/
3 years ago#5
Lol beat it on Legendary and find out. :P
I wanna Climhazzard Vegh's Stock Break until his Thunder Slash gets Shocked, if you know what I mean ~Jukain
3 years ago#6
There is definitely closure, but it does leave the player craving for the next game. (This is a planned trilogy, in case you didn't know)

I found if you've read the books, you'll love the story even more. The story is the best in the series since CE.
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. I'm thinking about buying this game (possible spoilers for games and books)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived