I'm thinking about buying this game (possible spoilers for games and books)

#1Action53Posted 1/28/2013 11:50:00 AM
I love the halo series, I've played all the games and read all the books. I have 2 questions:

1. Halo 3 was good but I felt something missing, how does 4 compare to 3?

2. I've read all the books, does this game pick up where Thursday War left off? Cause the cliffhanger they left off at is driving me nuts.
---
A wizard did not do it Gamertag: ActionFiveThree
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n244/chucktheduck_69/NES/
#2bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 1/28/2013 11:59:09 AM
1. I think it's about even. Halo 3 was maybe a bit better.

2. Halo 4 pretty much starts off where 3 ends.
---
Games I'm looking forward to: State of Decay, GTA V, Dead Space 3
Currently playing: Black Ops 2, Dark Souls, GTA IV, Bf3
#3metroidman92Posted 1/28/2013 12:05:23 PM
Haven't read either Kilo-5 book, but I got the gist of them on Bungie's old Universe forum.

And this does in fact pick up where 3 left off, mostly. There's the aforementioned Kilo-5 lore in between, but strictly from a game canon perspective, it's a direct sequel. Rare for a Halo game, actually. Considering that 1 > 2 didn't do it and neither did 2 > 3.

It's certainly better when it comes to eye-candy. Some of the new maps in SpOps are breathtaking. Halo 3 had good environments, but 4 really is a step above. More akin to Halo 2's skyboxes (Dreadnaught in High Charity, the Control Room, etc)
---
I'll be in my bunk...
One does not simply walk into Skuldafn.
#4Action53(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 12:34:16 PM
When I expected another level in 3 the credits started, does the same happen in 4 or is there some kind of closure?
---
A wizard did not do it Gamertag: ActionFiveThree
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n244/chucktheduck_69/NES/
#5RedXIII400Posted 1/28/2013 12:47:41 PM
Lol beat it on Legendary and find out. :P
---
I wanna Climhazzard Vegh's Stock Break until his Thunder Slash gets Shocked, if you know what I mean ~Jukain
#6SunDevil77Posted 1/28/2013 12:59:13 PM
There is definitely closure, but it does leave the player craving for the next game. (This is a planned trilogy, in case you didn't know)

I found if you've read the books, you'll love the story even more. The story is the best in the series since CE.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact