As far as difficulty goes HaloCE-->Halo Reach-->Halo4...

#21KageNoSenshiPosted 1/29/2013 10:39:03 AM
2 - damn Jackal snipers everywhere man... I won't even play this game solo on legendary anymore simply because of them
1 - plenty of parts that will slow you down/own you (i.e. entering Truth and Reconciliation)
ODST - I remember parts where Brutes mercilessly had my back pinned to walls/corners
4 - 1 hit kill snipers are back but they aren't nearly as vicious, otherwise nothing is excessively difficult
Reach - good enemy AI, but most of it's countered by spending a lot of the game accompanied by invincible teammates
3 - No recollection of any extreme difficulty here
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#22Tropic_SunsetPosted 1/29/2013 8:29:46 PM
seminolesoccer posted...
Tropic_Sunset posted...
I'd have to say, from hardest to easiest:

2>4>Reach>ODST>1>3

I said 1 instead of CE because I refuse to make a list that has 2, 3, and 4 but not 1.

your list is terrible. if you honestly put 4 right after 2 it seriously makes me doubt that you could complete 2. 4 is by FAR the easiest of the main entries in the series. multiple times through and there aren't the 3-4 points in every halo game where you can, and likely will, get stuck for an inordinate amount of time.

On Legendary, solo? Bullspit. 2 is, without a doubt or argument, the most difficult. 4 is a huge pain in the ass as well, thanks to teleporting enemies and low ammo, forcing you to use basically every gun you come across. Reach had it's moments, although I'm thinking it's more on the line with ODST. But 1 and 3 were easy as all hell. The only difficulty in 1 on Legendary was in the Library, and once you get past the first floor, you're golden as long as you take it easy and aim your shotgun. 3 was even easier; I can do that in a day.

That said, the only one that was ludicrously challenging was 2. All the other ones could be swapped and still form a tenable list. Still, ANYONE who thinks 4 was easier than CE hasn't played the original since they were 6.
#23WOT BSPosted 1/29/2013 8:44:47 PM
i dont think CE was hard i beat it a bunch of times to see the alternate ending back when i was a little kid. can't be bothered to beat this one on legendary its just not fun
---
GT: Extract Hz
#24Tropic_SunsetPosted 1/29/2013 9:03:23 PM
WOT BS posted...
i dont think CE was hard i beat it a bunch of times to see the alternate ending back when i was a little kid. can't be bothered to beat this one on legendary its just not fun

Exactly.
#25That1GuyyPosted 1/30/2013 1:42:42 AM
In my opinion, the games are like this on legendary in terms of difficulty,

2 >>> CE > Reach >>> 3 > 4 > ODST.

I don't think CE or Reach were particularly hard, but they were certainly harder than 3 or 4, which were basically walks in the park.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#26KageNoSenshiPosted 1/30/2013 3:40:29 AM
#22 Tropic_Sunset Posted
On Legendary, solo? Bullspit. 2 is, without a doubt or argument, the most difficult. 4 is a huge pain in the ass as well, thanks to teleporting enemies and low ammo, forcing you to use basically every gun you come across. Reach had it's moments, although I'm thinking it's more on the line with ODST. But 1 and 3 were easy as all hell. The only difficulty in 1 on Legendary was in the Library, and once you get past the first floor, you're golden as long as you take it easy and aim your shotgun. 3 was even easier; I can do that in a day.

That said, the only one that was ludicrously challenging was 2. All the other ones could be swapped and still form a tenable list. Still, ANYONE who thinks 4 was easier than CE hasn't played the original since they were 6.

That's funny, everyone complains about the library but that was always one of the easier missions for me. I have a harder time dealing w/ getting surrounded and rushed by Elites w/ swords (hence the grav lift on T&R being such a pain in the ass).

And CE wasn't even out when I was 6, 4 just isn't harder than CE.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#27seminolesoccerPosted 1/30/2013 5:31:22 AM
KageNoSenshi posted...
#22 Tropic_Sunset Posted

That's funny, everyone complains about the library but that was always one of the easier missions for me. I have a harder time dealing w/ getting surrounded and rushed by Elites w/ swords (hence the grav lift on T&R being such a pain in the ass).

And CE wasn't even out when I was 6, 4 just isn't harder than CE.

this. I died more in the single part where the untold number of sword elites rush out when you enter the Truth and Reconciliation in the 3rd mission than any of the several 'difficult' part in h4.

there are simply none of those bottleneck difficulty spots in the new game that you simply cannot run past
---
PSN: Viper51989
GT: IL Viper IL
#28__balePosted 1/30/2013 5:42:38 AM
AzureHaudden posted...
ITT: cheap = hard.

uh thats exactly what it means, its a single player game.
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#29MrMojoRisin357(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:24:43 PM
I'm playing Halo 4 now and it seems the easiest by far! Reach, the Elites are too smart and take a lotta shots to kill!
---
LIVE: Shalashaska57...Add me, we can be friends:)
#30_DT_Skillz_Posted 2/2/2013 9:31:48 AM
I agree, Halo 4 on Legendary was very easy, Halo 3 was also extremely easy but maybe that's just because I played the campaign so much. ODST campaign was really easy but I did it co-op so maybe that's why. I never played Halo 2, but oh dear the legendary campaign on CE was easily the hardest