Explain Grifball to me

#1sec713Posted 1/29/2013 12:32:44 AM
Can someone explain this gametype to me? I've never bothered with it in the past. I never bothered with Oddball before Halo 4, but since the addition of the 'throw' mechanic, it's quickly becoming one of my favorites. So with Grifball, I understand that there's a ball and you're trying to score it in a designated area, but why does the person with the ball change colors? Why does the Hammer seem to act different (less accurate) than in a slayer game? Help me lessen the learning curve.
---
Insert signature here.
#2fLiNoPosted 1/29/2013 12:56:45 AM
Different color so everyone know who to protect/kill.
---
XBL Gamertag: Dopsicle
#3IncredigasmicPosted 1/29/2013 1:06:21 AM
They change to the orange color to match Grif from the Red vs. Blue series, hence the name Grifball. It's basically American football, but with hammers and swords. They keep the hammer damage the same, but increase your damage resistance so the game has more of a challenge :)
---
GT: Incredigasmic
Finished Pokemon Black National Dex @ 85 Hours and 15 minutes on 04/08/11!
#4sakurayulePosted 1/29/2013 1:12:58 AM
Everything you need to know:

http://rvb.wikia.com/wiki/Grifball
---
\_(ツ)_/
#5sec713(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:52:45 AM
sakurayule posted...
Everything you need to know:

http://rvb.wikia.com/wiki/Grifball

This Wiki along with the rest of your responses have made this make a whole lot more sense. Thanks for the info. Lets see If I can use this to my advantage and stop sucking @ Grifball.
---
Insert signature here.
#6ODommPosted 1/29/2013 11:53:11 AM
Hammers n balls, hammers n balls
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#7The_87_ReaperPosted 1/29/2013 1:51:15 PM
You spawn, someone kills you before you can move.

Rinse and Repeat.
---
The future does not exist, because by the the time you're there it's already the present.
Dr. Richard Epear - May 1st 2009
#8EiroksPosted 1/29/2013 1:53:47 PM
Grif dies, thats the objective. You kill him with a hammer or a sword. Even when someone scores everyone becomes grif and they die, so we all win.
---
Spiral's very own bird of prey.
Assist all around, I've plenty for everyone.