discovered huge plot hole (no spoilers)

#1krazyninjaman3Posted 1/29/2013 4:23:28 PM
Sometimes when you are fighting you can melee a covenant with your gun but you hit so hard that maybe you misfire also you would break your gun apart with the kind of strength a spartan hits with also even if it didn't break into a million pieces it would be mis aligned or jammed up after when trying to shoot the covenant but yet it fires perfectly fine and isn't broken that doesn't make any sense even
#2The_LowlifePosted 1/29/2013 4:24:44 PM
Holy run on sentence, Batman.
---
http://dudeism.com/Images/dude-vinci.gif
-CE's Official Dudeist Priest
#3Drixops22Posted 1/29/2013 4:25:00 PM
Neither does that long run on sentence of yours.
---
"Call of Duty and Gears of War are fun...but Halo is an art." -ANUBIS x MT
-GT: Drixops
#4bearded_moosePosted 1/29/2013 4:31:45 PM
krazyninjaman3 posted...
Sometimes when you are fighting you can melee a covenant with your gun but you hit so hard that maybe you misfire also you would break your gun apart with the kind of strength a spartan hits with also even if it didn't break in

i came into the topic and was bashed in the face with this post...i tried to quote it but i think it's jammed.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
PirateSwordsman is my new favorite.1/18/13
#5wag117Posted 1/29/2013 4:35:10 PM
krazyninjaman3 posted...
Sometimes when you are fighting you can melee a covenant with your gun but you hit so hard that maybe you misfire also you would break your gun apart with the kind of strength a spartan hits with also even if it didn't break into a million pieces it would be mis aligned or jammed up after when trying to shoot the covenant but yet it fires perfectly fine and isn't broken that doesn't make any sense even

During campaign gameplay, you are presented with the option to melee your opponents, namely the Covenant. You accomplish this most of the time by using your gun you have currently equipped. My issue with this, and where I believe the plot hole or break in continuity lies, is in the spartans massive strength. If a man were to hit with the force a spartan can in canon, the gun would, at the very least, misfire or jam, and at most, break into innumerable pieces. The very next time your character tried to use the gun, it should be completely useless, requiring you to find another gun, but every time the gun fires perfectly. That doesn't make any sense even.
---
I love my girlfriend, but my mistress is Lady Luck.
#6The ShalashaskaPosted 1/29/2013 4:37:28 PM
. . .and in this topic, the perfect example of someone who doesn't know what a plot hole is.
---
my bf is a he/she we switch every once in awhile - billgatemustdie
GT: Nyright
#7krazyninjaman3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:03:52 PM
wag117 posted...
krazyninjaman3 posted...

During campaign gameplay, you are presented with the option to melee your opponents, namely the Covenant. You accomplish this most of the time by using your gun you have currently equipped. My issue with this, and where I believe the plot hole or break in continuity lies, is in the spartans massive strength. If a man were to hit with the force a spartan can in canon, the gun would, at the very least, misfire or jam, and at most, break into innumerable pieces. The very next time your character tried to use the gun, it should be completely useless, requiring you to find another gun, but every time the gun fires perfectly. That doesn't make any sense even.

Watch 343 say that the guns are made of Mithril or some nonsense and that they are built to withstand spartans or some nonsense; they will think of anything. To cover themselves. Maybe even retcon stuff.
#8Rainey-kinsPosted 1/29/2013 5:06:30 PM
krazyninjaman3 posted...
wag117 posted...
krazyninjaman3 posted...

Watch 343 say that the guns are made of Mithril or some nonsense and that they are built to withstand spartans or some nonsense; they will think of anything. To cover themselves. Maybe even retcon stuff.

Ummm, no, they won't. Cuz you know what? Bungie never did. I mean Gods above, kid, this franchise has been out over 10 years and you're JUST noticing this?
---
Royal Rose
#9ShadowMaster684Posted 1/29/2013 5:07:53 PM
This is a video game about aliens and space travel and ancient evil.

You're disputing the realism of the weapons? Most of them being alien weapons?

I can't even begin to think of a point to this.
#10wag117Posted 1/29/2013 5:25:23 PM
krazyninjaman3 posted...
wag117 posted...
krazyninjaman3 posted...

I'm sorry to say this, but it appears to me that you have misinterpreted me interpreting you to be me agreeing with you. This is not the case. I was simply trying to make your post more intelligible to the common reader.

And now my brain hurts.
---
I love my girlfriend, but my mistress is Lady Luck.