discovered huge plot hole (no spoilers)

#31wag117Posted 1/29/2013 8:18:31 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
wag117 posted...
*sigh*

Actually, now that the topic has been brought up, I have always HATED that aspect of first person shooters. I feel that whenever you reload your clip, the ammo should properly reflect the fact that you discarded a half full clip.

This would add an entire new level of realism to the gameplay, and I, for one, hope that some day a game decides to embrace this level of realism. This is something I would enjoy playing.

I understand that the current system is better than certain games, Metal Gear Solid for instance. This game allows the player to carry twelve different guns at once, which is a much worse infraction of real life logic.

Now, if those of you reading this have enjoyed my job as interpreter, I'm available for small donations. Lol.

Which got circumvented by the backpack system in MGS4, along with more items taking a toll on your stamina bar. But you still are able to carry 5+ weapons, even if they're the heaviest in the game.

Hey, don't argue with me. I don't even have an opinion about it.
---
I love my girlfriend, but my mistress is Lady Luck.
#32The_LowlifePosted 1/29/2013 8:21:35 PM
I would actually take a moment to look at the melee animations.

He uses his elbow. Even the melee picture shows a gauntlet.
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/x1j51l.jpg
-CE's Official Dudeist Priest
#33Rainey-kinsPosted 1/29/2013 8:23:02 PM
Plot hole guys, Master Chief doesn't actually "pick up" ammunition from guns, the bullets just magnetize to his feet and are instantly loaded into clips for him to use, that's SOOOO TOTALLY UNREALISTIC, OMG!!
---
Royal Rose
#34EDarienPosted 1/29/2013 8:28:43 PM
krazyninjaman3 posted...
Actually now that it was mentioned I have always HATED how whenever you reload your clip your ammo doesn't properly reflect the amount of ammo you should have left after discarding half your clip doing so would add a whole level of realism I hope one day a game decides to go this route I know its better then games like metal gear solid where you can carry twelves different guns all at once

Magazine. There aren't any clips in this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoSNHe413rY

^ Quick and easy explanation, albeit the video does run on longer than it should.

Actually, when I first started playing shooters, I didn't notice about the magazine not wasting ammo because I would either finish it off or wait until I only had 1-2 rounds left. But when I actually took a second and tested it, it started to bother me a little bit, but I figured the same, it's just for easier gameplay. It might be neat for some of the more "simulation" oriented shooters to either make it standard for a magazine to actually contain the ammo, thereby discarding it when you change a non-empty mag.

There would still be an advantage to dropping a mag earlier, though, since you wouldn't need to pull the slide/bolt like you would if you ran your magazine empty. In a fire-fight that extra second or so could be important, especially in multiplayer.
---
Lali-ho!
#35Mouser05Posted 1/29/2013 8:29:11 PM
2063 karma and you still can't formulate a sentence properly.
---
It's time to split- Sgt.Cortez
#36Rainey-kinsPosted 1/29/2013 8:31:19 PM
EDarien posted...

There would still be an advantage to dropping a mag earlier, though, since you wouldn't need to pull the slide/bolt like you would if you ran your magazine empty. In a fire-fight that extra second or so could be important, especially in multiplayer.

You're right. When reloading your weapon, if the mag isn't empty, in Halo 4 at least, you can actually reload at a faster rate, most likely taking the concept you mentioned into effect, in a loose sense.
---
Royal Rose
#37krazyninjaman3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 8:33:53 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
wag117 posted...
*sigh*

Actually, now that the topic has been brought up, I have always HATED that aspect of first person shooters. I feel that whenever you reload your clip, the ammo should properly reflect the fact that you discarded a half full clip.

This would add an entire new level of realism to the gameplay, and I, for one, hope that some day a game decides to embrace this level of realism. This is something I would enjoy playing.

I understand that the current system is better than certain games, Metal Gear Solid for instance. This game allows the player to carry twelve different guns at once, which is a much worse infraction of real life logic.

Now, if those of you reading this have enjoyed my job as interpreter, I'm available for small donations. Lol.

Which got circumvented by the backpack system in MGS4, along with more items taking a toll on your stamina bar. But you still are able to carry 5+ weapons, even if they're the heaviest in the game.

Yeah but Metal Gear Solid is still an awesome series anyways I think battlefield should have been the first game ever to discard the unused ammo I don't know why no other games have never tried to implement this yet I think its a great idea and appreciate its contribution to this topic I know I have thought of it before in the past though oh and one last thing about spartans controlling the strength of their punches is complete nonsense a sparten hits to kill not maim the reason it takes more then one punch to kill a covenant is because the covenant are really tough too lol the guns should break or jam after being used like this maybe guns can have a health bar in future for melee attack integretity that is a good idea I think
#38Rainey-kinsPosted 1/29/2013 8:39:43 PM
krazyninjaman3 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
wag117 posted...
*sigh*

Yeah but Metal Gear Solid is still an awesome series anyways I think battlefield should have been the first game ever to discard the unused ammo I don't know why no other games have never tried to implement this yet I think its a great idea and appreciate its contribution to this topic I know I have thought of it before in the past though oh and one last thing about spartans controlling the strength of their punches is complete nonsense a sparten hits to kill not maim the reason it takes more then one punch to kill a covenant is because the covenant are really tough too lol the guns should break or jam after being used like this maybe guns can have a health bar in future for melee attack integretity that is a good idea I think

Forcing the guns to have an integrity gauge would change Halo into a FPSRPG. This isn't Fallout. It's strictly run and gun. If you need a "Reason" for the guns not breaking, then just pretend they're made from the same junk that Spartan Armor is made out of. That s*** gets hit dead on with just about anything, and it doesn't crack, so why would the squishy flesh of a grunt brain even scratch it?

/thread
---
Royal Rose
#39RINGOUTPosted 1/29/2013 8:42:08 PM
They build their guns to be tough? What more is there to say than that? These are soldiers who might be subjected to extreme environmental conditions, or be at extreme distances from any other UNSC forces. Lets not forget that a Covenant Elite is naturally born with strength approximately that of a Spartan, so most covenant guns would have be built for it. I mean look at the guns in this game, they're always made of solid metal, there are no composite or wood parts. Its the space future. They build their guns to be durable, thats why.
---
Gamertag: Smoke a Fat J
#40krazyninjaman3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 8:53:18 PM
Sure but even the most durable gun has delicate parts that are fine tuned to be 100% accurate at 200 yards and even though the frame may be solid the trigger the hammer the intricates of the inner gun would rattle around and uncalibrate I'm sorry but this argument does not hold much water with me spartans hit to kill and guns are not made of thorium