The armor unlocks

#1RevoltnepresPosted 1/29/2013 4:31:46 PM
Hello Halo fans. I'm an armor junkie. The only thing I enjoy about the whole Halo thing is the armor. I really dislike multiplayer, but I don't mind the campaign at all. I don't like the characters and have no interest in the story.

However, I just learned today that there was a whole bunch of different armor/pieces you can unlock in the game. I LOVE unlocking new items in games, and again, armor junkie.
But since I hate multiplayer my question is......

How much of the armor can you unlock without multiplayer? Is it like, 20%, 50%, any kind of guess would help and I'd greatly appreciate it.

P.S. I also know there's limited edition armor sets that you can only get by pre-order and such, so let's not put those into this equation, cause as much as I love the unlockable armor aspect of the game, I just can't dish out that much cash to get those codes.
---
"Oh yea? Well you can't confirm or disprove science, so what do they think of that?' - Mikey, on science explaining 'ghost-phenomenon' photos.
#2zetsuhimozePosted 1/29/2013 4:41:00 PM
You can get any unless you are online. Er unless you plan on playing alot of forge
---
Psn zetsu_himoze
#3gsforlifePosted 1/29/2013 4:44:01 PM
Revoltnepres posted...
I don't like the characters and have no interest in the story.

*Gasp*

Take that back
---
PSN: cyanide4suicide XBL: aNinjaGuardian
FC: 2535-3713-5620 ***Filipino Pride***
#4Revoltnepres(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:47:07 PM
I play online, as in signed into xbox live, but I don't do multiplayer. I like co-op or solo campaign, and I know there's at least one you can unlock by doing something in the campaign.
So does that mean that like, %99 of them I have to be playing online multiplayer?
---
"Oh yea? Well you can't confirm or disprove science, so what do they think of that?' - Mikey, on science explaining 'ghost-phenomenon' photos.
#5ShadowMaster684Posted 1/29/2013 4:50:55 PM
You unlock the Mark VI armor by completing the campaign on Legendary. You unlock most of the rest by leveling with XP, which you can gain through Spartan Ops as well as the multiplayer. The rest are unlocked by mastering specific commendations.
---
Currently Playing: Halo 4
Gamertag: Vanguard VII
#6Revoltnepres(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:02:13 PM
And I can get some of the commendations from Spartan ops and campaign, right?
---
#7ShadowMaster684Posted 1/29/2013 5:02:44 PM
Some, yes. A lot of them will be through multiplayer, though.
---
Currently Playing: Halo 4
Gamertag: Vanguard VII
#8Rainey-kinsPosted 1/29/2013 5:03:59 PM
Revoltnepres posted...
And I can get some of the commendations from Spartan ops and campaign, right?

None through Campaign. Some through Spartan Ops, though not as many. You're looking about maybe 25% of the total armor. :T
---
Royal Rose
#9Revoltnepres(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:07:15 PM
Okay, thanks a bunch. Maybe I'll wait for a price drop or a special sale before putting more money into this than I might get out of it. I appreciate the help guys!
---
#10Rainey-kinsPosted 1/29/2013 5:08:43 PM
Revoltnepres posted...
Okay, thanks a bunch. Maybe I'll wait for a price drop or a special sale before putting more money into this than I might get out of it. I appreciate the help guys!

Also, PS, the preorders can be easily added in-game via Horizon Diamond. Only costs $5 for a month of use. :T
---
Royal Rose