The armor unlocks

#11ShadowMaster684Posted 1/29/2013 4:09:01 PM
If you like unlocking stuff, try Monster Hunter. Probably 90% of that game is based around hunting monsters to get items to make cool gear...to then hunt stronger monsters for better gear.
#12MephystoPosted 1/29/2013 4:10:16 PM
Revoltnepres posted...
I play online, as in signed into xbox live, but I don't do multiplayer. I like co-op or solo campaign, and I know there's at least one you can unlock by doing something in the campaign.
So does that mean that like, %99 of them I have to be playing online multiplayer?

Most armors unlock through straight ranking. A few set unlock through meeting special conditions. Honestly, just do a google search on Halo 4 armor and you find lists of armor and how to unlock it all.

As for ranking, as long as you don't mind doing coop then just play the online spartan ops missions. Once you hit SR40 or so, you start pulling in around 7000xp per match. If you take Pioneer as your first specialization when you hit SR50 and equip the bonus xp perk after you max that specialization, you'll pull in even more xp on top of it.

For example, i'm almost SR100 right now. I'm pulling in 7731 xp per completed spartan ops online match (have been pulling that in since hitting around SR50 and up). With the bonus xp perk, i'm averaging another 1200-1400 on top of that (it varies - i can get1500 if i'm real lucky)... so basically i'm pulling in a little over 9000 xp per mission (and most missions last around 15 mins, so that's about 36000xp per hour). The only faster way you're gonna find than that is using double xp on top of it.

Have fun grinding. :P
#13SirLemontPosted 1/29/2013 4:15:54 PM
You'll be able to unlock many of the armors via Spartan Ops alone just by leveling, then completing specializations. But IMO, the best armors are unlocked by completing matchmaking challenges (it's a painful grind towards Gungnir and Protector armors).
#14TrickyPonyPosted 1/29/2013 4:20:15 PM
Rainey-kins posted...
Revoltnepres posted...
And I can get some of the commendations from Spartan ops and campaign, right?

None through Campaign. Some through Spartan Ops, though not as many. You're looking about maybe 25% of the total armor. :T

Not sure where you're getting 25% from. I think it's more like 80% of the armor can be unlocked via coop/campaign/Spartan Ops. There's only a few that require you to compete in MM.
#15Rainey-kinsPosted 1/29/2013 4:31:20 PM
TrickyPony posted...
Rainey-kins posted...
Revoltnepres posted...

None through Campaign. Some through Spartan Ops, though not as many. You're looking about maybe 25% of the total armor. :T

Not sure where you're getting 25% from. I think it's more like 80% of the armor can be unlocked via coop/campaign/Spartan Ops. There's only a few that require you to compete in MM.

Almost everything is unlocked through commendations based around Multiplayer. :T You can only get enemy kills and Covenant Vehicle Kills through Spartan Ops, and there are NO armor or commendations unlocked through campaign, other than the Mark VI armor.
---
Royal Rose
#16BlindDeadeyePosted 1/29/2013 4:51:54 PM(edited)
All armors that require ranking up (not including alternate patterns):
Air Assault
Aviator
Defender
Enforcer
EOD
EVA
HAZOP
Infiltrator
Oceanic
Orbital
Recon
Warmaster
Orbital
Scout
Soldier
Mark VI (Complete campaign on Legendary while signed into Xbox Live)

All armors that require commendations from multiplayer (these include alternate patterns for the other armors):
CIO
Commando
GUNGNIR
Protector
Ranger
Vanguard
Venator

All armors that require Specs (which by default are after SR50 and include alternate patterns):
Engineer
Operator
Pathfinder
Pioneer
Rogue
Stalker
Wetwork

Pre-Order armor:
Deadeye
FOTUS
Scanner
LOCUS
Strider
Tracker

---
"Theres power in stories. Thats all history is: the best tales. The ones that last. Might as well be mine." Varric
#17TrickyPonyPosted 1/29/2013 4:51:46 PM
Rainey-kins posted...
TrickyPony posted...
Rainey-kins posted...
Revoltnepres posted...

Almost everything is unlocked through commendations based around Multiplayer. :T You can only get enemy kills and Covenant Vehicle Kills through Spartan Ops, and there are NO armor or commendations unlocked through campaign, other than the Mark VI armor.

So how many armors do you get via vehicle and weapons commendations? Not many I thought, but you can get 75% of the armor just by leveling up to SR50 which can be done via Spartan Ops.