Several questions about the story...

#1OzBen16Posted 1/29/2013 5:03:54 PM
I am kind of lost in the story. So I am wondering about a few plot points.

1. What did the Didact do to make him evil?

2. The composer is an attempt to turn biological beings into digital beings? Explain that a little bit more please, in lamens terms.

3. When Chief was upgraded with powers from the Librarian, did he get anything else other than immunity to the composer?

4. During the Didacts war in the cutscene with the Librarian I got lost, he was fighting other forerunners or early humans? If so, why?

5. Lastly, Prometheans are just really old humans that were the products of the composers use on the early humans?
#2AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 1/29/2013 5:13:17 PM
I'll do my best, but i might be wrong, so don't take my word as gospel.

he isn't exactly evil. he just thinks he knows better. he thinks the only way to defeat the flood is to become digitized.

2. The composer is an attempt to turn biological beings into digital beings? Explain that a little bit more please, in lamens terms.

i think that sums it up.

3. When Chief was upgraded with powers from the Librarian, did he get anything else other than immunity to the composer?

nothing revealed in this game, at least.

4. During the Didacts war in the cutscene with the Librarian I got lost, he was fighting other forerunners or early humans? If so, why?

fighting the flood.
if you get the terminals, you can watch additional videos on waypoint which explains a lot more of this.

5. Lastly, Prometheans are just really old humans that were the products of the composers use on the early humans?

did you kill any Knights? >_>
---
The Reclamation is resting >_>
#3rincewind1990Posted 1/29/2013 5:14:19 PM
OzBen16 posted...

4) A long time ago their were basically 2 big powers in our galaxy, the Forerunners and the early humans. They pretty much kept to themselves until the humans started to invade forerunner territory. The forerunners thought they were expanding but what they were really doing was running away from the flood which is what caused the war. I think that's the gist of it.

5) I believe so yes.
#4Demigod_ElessarPosted 1/29/2013 9:00:47 PM
AyumiSqueezetoy (I laughed as I was typing that!) pretty much explained it all, but I'd like to elaborate a bit more on the questions.

He's not necessarily evil. From reading the two Forerunner novels that are out so far, the Didact did had a hatred for Humanity, but that was just because the Forerunners believed that Humanity had tried to attack them (when really they were just escaping from the Flood, into Forerunner territory). The Didact was the one who led the Forerunners to victory against Humanity, and he resented them after that, but he didn't really do anything "evil" in the novels... which struck the tagline/story of Halo 4 being strange because all of a sudden the Didact wants to destroy Humanity? After 100,000 years? Why?

This is why I feel there are still some unanswered questions, that will be detailed in the final Forerunner novel Silentium. I'm sure we'll find out in the coming months.

Basically. The Composer is mentioned briefly in the novel Primordium, but it simply mentions that it turns physical beings into data. Halo 4 actually gives us just about all we already know about it... It was used by the Didact to turn humans into warriors for fighting the Flood. The effects backfired, and turned the humans into the twisted, vile Prometheans we see in-game.

In lamens terms... It turns biological beings (physical) into digital beings (data). You nailed it.

If he did, we do not yet know about it. The only thing that is commented on in-game is how the Chief was immune from being composed.

4. During the Didact's war in the cutscene with the Librarian I got lost, he was fighting other forerunners or early humans? If so, why?

Early humans. As I explained in the first post, it was Humanity that first discovered the Flood. They fought the Flood, but ultimately ran away from it, into Forerunner-occupied space. While Humanity was simply running from the Flood, the Forerunners saw it as Humanity invading them, and so they went to war. The humans managed to defeat the Flood, but at the same time lost to the Forerunners on the other end. This is what led to the ancient human civilization being "devolved".

Basically. The Didact used the Composer to turn humans into powerful warriors to combat the Flood. But what was produced were the Prometheans, so the Didact was shunned and ultimately betrayed by the Librarian over the matter.

So, in lamens terms, Prometheans are the result of the composing of humans.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#5OzBen16(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:01:57 PM
Great answers guys, thanks. I do have more questions also;

Why did chief take his armor off at the end? Is this the end of the series and did chief just resign from his standing as a fighter since he lost cortana? Or did he simply take his armor off to probably get upgraded armor?
#6AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 1/30/2013 6:06:56 PM
he finished his mission. although you don't see it in the games, notice the other spartans... they don't wear the armor 24/7 unless they have to. I don't think it has any significance other than he finally made it home, and gets to rest for a minute.

and yeah, i'm sure he'll get upgraded armor for the next game, but halo 4 showed us you don't need to take it off to get it upgraded >_>
---
The Reclamation is resting >_>
#7SunDevil77Posted 1/30/2013 6:08:30 PM
OzBen16 posted...
Great answers guys, thanks. I do have more questions also;

Why did chief take his armor off at the end? Is this the end of the series and did chief just resign from his standing as a fighter since he lost cortana? Or did he simply take his armor off to probably get upgraded armor?

It was a representation of him finishing the fight.

It also leaves us wondering if he will, in fact, get new armor/a new AI. A well done cliffhanger.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#8ssj3bladePosted 1/30/2013 6:10:43 PM
From: AyumiSqueezetoy | Posted: 1/31/2013 2:06:56 AM | #006
he finished his mission. although you don't see it in the games, notice the other spartans... they don't wear the armor 24/7 unless they have to. I don't think it has any significance other than he finally made it home, and gets to rest for a minute.

and yeah, i'm sure he'll get upgraded armor for the next game, but halo 4 showed us you don't need to take it off to get it upgraded >_>

S-II armour compared to the S-IV armour is a lot different. To remove it fully you need a fully qualified group of engineers / technicians.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/68tye8.jpg
~ ssj3blade || GT = finalfantastica