Take out join in progress 343

#31GoroPosted 1/31/2013 4:38:18 AM
If you're upset about jip, you're probably one of those people who care way to much about stats. I know, its horrible game design on 343's end to keep you from stat padding in a 4 v 2 game, but maybe if you got better at the game you wouldn't have to boost your stats to make it look like you're really good. I joined a grifball game just last night, we were down 3-0. Instead of whining about it on blogFAQs, I played the game anyway and we won 5-3. Jip is a good thing unless you're wanting to play uneven, unfair games.
---
GT: GaryBusey T33th
#32pikachu896Posted 2/5/2013 2:30:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#33pikachu896Posted 2/5/2013 2:31:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#34SterlingFoxPosted 2/5/2013 2:40:53 PM(edited)
Demigod_Elessar posted...
I agree, join in progress is horrible.

I also hate how your Win/Loss ratio is judged so much by the elitists when you have no control over possibly being put in a match where you are already losing by several hundreds of points.

I've never heard anybody outside of this board judge anybody on their Win/Loss ratio.

And even then, the guy doing it is just trolling people and not serious.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#35SpikeTbearPosted 2/5/2013 2:51:11 PM
I've played every Halo online, and I LOVE join in progress. I've played soooo many countless games where people ragequit and leave me and maybe one teammate to get slaughtered for 15 minutes. I first saw JIP in Halo 2 PC, and it quickly filled up lopsided games. My team has been down by 30 kills and come back to win because of JIP in 2 PC and in 4. It is a welcome addition to Halo 4.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#36GollyFluffPosted 2/5/2013 6:02:24 PM
HOW TO NEVER JOIN IN PROGRESS:

First, you have to learn what it looks like to join in progress. I won't explain that here, but you should all know by now what it looks like. Secondly, when you are joining in progress, quickly change your connection type to My Xbox 360(I think the buttons you press are: start, down, right, right, A, down, A). Then immediately change back to Xbox Live as your connection type. And there you have it. It's super simple, but you have to be conscious of the lobby and not messing with your loadouts. Also, I'm not sure how this works in a party.
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#37almightyminimanPosted 2/5/2013 6:22:16 PM
GollyFluff posted...
HOW TO NEVER JOIN IN PROGRESS:

First, you have to learn what it looks like to join in progress. I won't explain that here, but you should all know by now what it looks like. Secondly, when you are joining in progress, quickly change your connection type to My Xbox 360(I think the buttons you press are: start, down, right, right, A, down, A). Then immediately change back to Xbox Live as your connection type. And there you have it. It's super simple, but you have to be conscious of the lobby and not messing with your loadouts. Also, I'm not sure how this works in a party.

This. Been doing this for a while now. Works without any consequences. Never had other people in my party though. Usually only play with a guest. I'm assuming it'll knock you off their party.
---
What can you do, when you live in a shoe, and you aint got no soul.