How to completely avoid Join in Progress

#1DolobillPosted 1/30/2013 8:05:30 AM
It seems like a lot of people still don't know about this trick, so I thought I'd share it with everyone to alleviate some of the JIP complaints.

How to tell if you're about to join a game in progress:

When you're about to join a normal game in matchmaking (non-JIP), you will see several "Incoming Player" cards joining your party. You can't see their armor until map voting appears. Instead, you will only see player silhouettes.

If you're joining a game in progress, you will not see these "incoming Player" silhouette cards while you're searching. Players will instantaneously appear in your party with player cards showing full gamertags, armor, etc. Anytime you see this happen, without an "incoming player" card showing up first, you WILL enter a JIP game.

How to avoid the JIP game:

As soon as you've identified that you're about to enter a JIP game, immediately press start, go down to Network, and change your network to "My Xbox 360" instead of "Xbox Live". If you do this quickly, it will drop the search for you, at which point you can select "Xbox Live" again in your network.

This method doesn't actually sign you out of Xbox Live, so you don't need to reconnect each time. In addition, dropped games using this method do not show up as losses or incomplete games on waypoint.

I haven't played a JIP game since learning this trick (except for a few times where i just wasn't paying attention).
#2Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 1/30/2013 8:08:25 AM
I like JIP.

Hell, if you don't want to join the losing team and carry them to victory, then I will damn it!
---
The Jersey Guy
#3SonyHoundDawgPosted 1/30/2013 8:11:26 AM
LOL at TC. Who cares man. I was glad to join a game in progresss yessterday cause it helped me get my 4/4 matches done quicker for whatever that was popping on my screen.

Also, JIP doesnt always mean one team is getting PWNED. I also JIP yesterday and the score was 50-40, not a big deal there.
#4Dolobill(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:23:59 AM
SonyHoundDawg posted...
LOL at TC. Who cares man. I was glad to join a game in progresss yessterday cause it helped me get my 4/4 matches done quicker for whatever that was popping on my screen.

Also, JIP doesnt always mean one team is getting PWNED. I also JIP yesterday and the score was 50-40, not a big deal there.

If you want to join a JIP match, then by all means do it. The main thing that bothers me is joining matches that only have a minute or so left. I joined one with 5 seconds remaining once. It's just a waste of time.

Anyway, this topic is intended for the people who are complaining about JIP.
#5kayoticdreamzPosted 1/30/2013 8:39:39 AM
people hate JIP in progress because....????
#6ARsignal11Posted 1/30/2013 8:45:09 AM
Man, that's too much work. I play whatever game I get into.
#7HaloODSTDPosted 1/30/2013 8:50:54 AM
kayoticdreamz posted...

while I don't usually mind, sometimes it sucks when you join a CTF where your team is losing 4-0 with 2 minutes left...
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo PSN: Rutgers Student
Jessica Jung all day, every day.
#8Robin_MaskPosted 1/30/2013 9:03:53 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
kayoticdreamz posted...

while I don't usually mind, sometimes it sucks when you join a CTF where your team is losing 4-0 with 2 minutes left...

Joined a Slayer match where the opposing team had 950-250.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#9Sephiroth9704Posted 1/30/2013 10:19:33 AM
kayoticdreamz posted...

"People don't like making less money because....????"
#10Booty_CallPosted 1/30/2013 10:34:46 AM
Its funny. Not too long ago, everyone with a voice hated JiP. Suddenly when a topic comes up about avoiding it, its being questioned as to why anyone would want to avoid it.
---
"Oh bother," said Pooh as he chambered his last round.
Xbox LIVE Community Ambassador