Light rifle

#1mcm127Posted 1/30/2013 10:09:22 AM
Am I a fool for using it? Or wanting to use something other than the dmr...like say the battle rifle etc.

I'm not some bad to the bone halo player but I want to get better, but I'm so tired of seeing dmr EVERYWHERE
#2TM-RPosted 1/30/2013 10:12:50 AM
Dmr seems more powerfull. I myself have issues trying to get skill with it. Try a br on smaller maps, works great
---
Gametag: CrackT.
#3Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 1/30/2013 10:24:13 AM
Light rifle rocks.

I love zoom 4-shotting enemies.
---
The Jersey Guy
#4CorndogburglarPosted 1/30/2013 10:24:33 AM
TM-R posted...
Dmr seems more powerfull. I myself have issues trying to get skill with it. Try a br on smaller maps, works great

Actually, the Light Rifle is more powerful. If you're scoped, you can kill in 4 shots.

The DMR has a much higher aim assist though, so its a LOT easier to hit people with it.
---
Everyone said it was a miracle when Jesus hit that grand slam in the bottom of the 9th. I just thought it was a lucky shot.
#5Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 1/30/2013 10:26:02 AM
Corndogburglar posted...
TM-R posted...

Actually, the Light Rifle is more powerful. If you're scoped, you can kill in 4 shots.

The DMR has a much higher aim assist though, so its a LOT easier to hit people with it.

True. If you try Rogue you can get stabilization perk which really helps with the light rifle.
---
The Jersey Guy
#6iliekdatPosted 1/30/2013 10:29:34 AM
you only need to hit them with 1 scoped shot to 4sk them. the other 3 can be unscoped, assuming all the bullets from the burst hit. given that the lr has a lot less aim assist than the dmr, it's just easier to use the dmr and get similar results anyways. lr is a lot of fun once you get the tricks down though
#7el3ctricm3nk3yPosted 1/30/2013 10:32:51 AM
I like yourself, wanted some variety and gave the light rifle a go.
While it did get the job done, it not being "hit scan" is a deal breaker and I leave it to collect dust.
Tried the cuvvy carbine rifle and enjoyed the fast fire rate, but it just doesnt pack any punch.

In the end, I've just settled on using a loadout with the DMR and Battle Rifle with the firepower ability. They both are strong guns and plenty of ammo can be found to keep you rockn and rolln.
I just rely on ordinance drops and map ordinances to keep it interesting.
#8Ultima_WraithPosted 1/30/2013 10:33:05 AM
Turn on Firepower and Active Camo and use the DMR AND the Light Rifle for a long-range loadout.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
#9mcm127(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:36:47 AM
Ahh. I didn't know what the dmr offered to make it so good. Aim assist would be the key. I feel like all I do is get hit markers with the LR.

STRUGGLING! Lol
#10SociopathixPosted 1/30/2013 10:40:46 AM
mcm127 posted...
Am I a fool for using it? Or wanting to use something other than the dmr...like say the battle rifle etc.

I'm not some bad to the bone halo player but I want to get better, but I'm so tired of seeing dmr EVERYWHERE

There's some satisfaction taking down a dmr with a carbine.
---
"Halo 4 board, where everyone hates everyone and **** you" -Spiduxlimitless
GT: Sociopathix