Just started multiplayer tonight, anything I should know?

#21ssj3bladePosted 1/30/2013 7:02:39 PM
No you are just the only person that sits on this board, and posts within the minute of the TC blindly defending this game. Even when he flat out says it is his OPINION. It is borderline pathetic. This is an average game. Bad by the standards Halo set for itself.

ITP: You can't defend something you enjoy because BigCatFive says so.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/68tye8.jpg
~ ssj3blade || GT = finalfantastica
#22BigCatFivePosted 1/30/2013 8:02:36 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
BigCatFive posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
BigCatFive posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
The campaign wasn't disappointing. Even if it is your opinion.

SunDevil77 you will never cease to amaze me. I think you are blinded by 343's nut crusting up your eyes.

On topic.

In BTB use always have a Plasma Pistol and Plasma Nades to easily take out vehicles. Use Active Camo for sniping. Use Ammo for 50% more rounds in every gun. (Even power weapons)

In 4v4 try out Promethion vision. A great crutch, and the ability to line up your shot before rounding a corner is very valuable.

DMR is the best all around gun.

I am far from being the only person to enjoy this game.

No you are just the only person that sits on this board, and posts within the minute of the TC blindly defending this game. Even when he flat out says it is his OPINION. It is borderline pathetic. This is an average game. Bad by the standards Halo set for itself.

Man, people can't take a joke.
The fact I followed my comment with "Even if it is your opinion" should be a signal it was in jest.

And yes, to the people who sit on here all day for the purpose of trashing the game, I do defend it.

You commented within the first minute of a topic about tips for a new player, without even giving tips to the new player. Instead you give your usual fanboy two cents. No joke involved. You clearly want the attention, and responses otherwise you would post in the first place. I find it funny that a neutral, new player made his up his own mind about the game. It is very average. Very underwhelming, or "disappointing" as TC said. Without Halo on the cover you would not be defending still.
#23SunDevil77Posted 1/30/2013 8:21:54 PM
I didn't see it was in the first minute. It's nice you read into my comments that much, hah. You make me out to be some mastermind, I like the game, I try to be positive. Life sucks ass, I like to find enjoyment when I get time for my hobbies, such as gaming. And recently, being bedridden for weeks while recovering, I need some positivity in my life, or everything would suck.

I don't fish for reactions, but you sure do give 'em.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#24Hierach(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 5:33:23 AM
In regards to why I thought the campaign was disappointing(note didn't say bad in any way):

-The lack of missions involving allies, human vehicles, weapons. All of my favourite levels from past halo games were focused on this. AOTCR Halo 1, the earth missions in 2 etc. To me the most enjoyable aspect was trying to keep the marines alive, seeing the human perspective in the war. This is why I HATED the addition of the arbiter in Halo 2.

-Not enough open-ended environments. This is where Halo CE has yet to be surpassed. Huge sweeping levels that allow epic battles with the option to take a vehicle and go on foot. Halo 4 felt a bit too constrained and tight in its level design. The series simply needs larger scale battles that its always promised but never quite delivered on. My main issue with the game.

-Too many weapons. Sounds stupid but bear with me. Alot of the magic with CE was the unique role each weapon served in a given situation. Gave each weapon alot of character. It just feels to me that throwing so many different weapons at the game, where 3 or 4 of them fulfill the exact same purpose kinda dilutes the enjoyment. E.g. Don't need 3 snipers, 4 different rifles etc.

-The story. Not too big an issue, since the overall series plot is a bit fluffy and overwrought anyway. But the story in Halo 4 wasn't told in an especially captivating way. Never really cared/knew what I was supposed to do and more importantly why.

-Also little things that added up like the lack of human ammo, pacing issues and poor dialogue in game(loved marine chatter last game and the iconic WORT WORT WORT). The Prometheon's are simply not as fun to fight as the Covenant also.

With that said, this is still one of my favourite game franchises and still a very enjoyable game. The famous '30 seconds of fun' repeated is still here, graphics are great, and I love some of the new weapons like the sticky detonator. The gritty feel from Reach is still here, which I wholeheartedly agree with too.

My initial impressions of multiplayer are very good aswell. Like I said anyone wants a game add me. I'm decent enough from many games with Reach so I won't hold you back too much!
---
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JudiDench-2335/hero/13025248
#25Dragun19Posted 1/31/2013 5:42:01 AM
The boltshot might seem horrible at first, but it's magical.
#26majormPosted 1/31/2013 5:55:06 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
BigCatFive posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
The campaign wasn't disappointing. Even if it is your opinion.

SunDevil77 you will never cease to amaze me. I think you are blinded by 343's nut crusting up your eyes.

On topic.

In BTB use always have a Plasma Pistol and Plasma Nades to easily take out vehicles. Use Active Camo for sniping. Use Ammo for 50% more rounds in every gun. (Even power weapons)

In 4v4 try out Promethion vision. A great crutch, and the ability to line up your shot before rounding a corner is very valuable.

DMR is the best all around gun.

I am far from being the only person to enjoy this game.

Very true. I love it. But the message boards are usually the haven of hate. The whiners are the VERY vocal minority.
---
Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor...now you're scared.
#27PAL360Posted 1/31/2013 9:13:05 AM
I really liked the campaign. Not as good as Halo CE and Halo 3's though.
Anyway, on multiplayer, more than ever, you should work with your team. That's all