The real reason Valhalla sucks now

#1ssj3bladePosted 1/30/2013 4:23:41 PM
Everyone camo crawls round the map. How are you supposed to even counter that.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/68tye8.jpg
~ ssj3blade || GT = finalfantastica
#2Phoenixmon2Posted 1/30/2013 4:36:42 PM
look at your motion tracker, watch out for cloakers
#3ssj3blade(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:42:15 PM

The motion sensor has a range of what, 25m? Past that, which is 99% the rest of the map, Camo users are totally invisible. I played a game not 1 hr ago (which prompted my rage on GFAQS) when the entire other team was using camo. The second you moved out of cover you were mobbed by DMR shots from who even knows where. It allows people to sneak right into the base, as long as they stay out of range of the MS.
---
#4Pro7oPosted 1/30/2013 4:45:20 PM
Theres a perk to extend the range of the sensor and theres also Promethean Vision If you need to counter camo.
I think its a crappy equipment for bad players its not maximizing your potential. Ragnarok is a vehicle map my best games are me capping flags driving the warthog
---
"Guys Like You Make Us Look Bad"
#5Phoenixmon2Posted 1/30/2013 4:57:40 PM
ssj3blade posted...

The motion sensor has a range of what, 25m? Past that, which is 99% the rest of the map, Camo users are totally invisible. I played a game not 1 hr ago (which prompted my rage on GFAQS) when the entire other team was using camo. The second you moved out of cover you were mobbed by DMR shots from who even knows where. It allows people to sneak right into the base, as long as they stay out of range of the MS.

So how many vehicles did you guys have lying around, not being used?
#6ssj3blade(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:12:27 PM

You mean the vehicles that are absolutely useless, because everyone who isn't bad spawns with a PP and Plasma grenades?
---
#7YellowPurplePosted 1/30/2013 5:56:40 PM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
ssj3blade posted...

The DMR absolutely obliterates most vehicles. Vehicles are terrible in this game.
#8ShadowMaster684Posted 1/30/2013 6:45:31 PM
Little known fact: Due to the resurgence of the Forerunners and the Prometheans, both the UNSC and Covenant forces signed a pact that stated that their vehicles could only be constructed out of paper mache and masking tape.

Actually on topic: I think that Camo in itself is a huge problem for Ragnarok. I think the worst part, though, is that everyone spawns with precision loadout weapons (let's face it, they're all LR and DMR), and the red team has a huge advantage if they want to make use of it. That big hill in the middle is perfect cover for forces coming from red base, and yet if anyone blue tries to stand up there, everyone at red base or in the area can plainly see them. How is that balanced gameplay? Once 2-4 people from red team control that area, it just takes the occasional forces across the creek and through the cave systems to keep the entire blue team locked into their base area. A great, classic map, but not one that's right for Halo 4 at all.
#9phillyeagles123Posted 1/30/2013 7:00:33 PM(edited)
Totally agree. When half the players are camo camping behind a rock with a DMR or Sniper, it slows the game down to a snail's pace. This is exactly why camo should not be an Armor Ability.
#10ssj3blade(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:59:36 PM
^ I agree, it seems most of the new maps are VERY biased towards one team.
---