Campaign love/hate

#1SrgtStalkerPosted 1/30/2013 6:38:52 PM
So as far as the campaign goes, I've heard mostly love for but also hate, I myself loved it, but what I wanna know is why/why not you hated it. Specific reasons too, not just it sucked or it was dumb, etc. did you just not the gameplay of the campaign or did you not like the story, please share.
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
#2SunDevil77Posted 1/30/2013 6:41:18 PM
A lot of people complain that it contains too much "press the button" situations, which it does. But the journey to the buttons is what matters, imo.

Another complaint is the lack of boss fight at the end. I wish it would have been more than a QTE, but, alas, FPS boss battles are a thing of the past. For the most part.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#3gsforlifePosted 1/30/2013 6:44:32 PM
Campaign - Bland

Story - Excellent
---
PSN: cyanide4suicide XBL: aNinjaGuardian
FC: 2535-3713-5620 ***Filipino Pride***
#4SrgtStalker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:54:49 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
A lot of people complain that it contains too much "press the button" situations, which it does. But the journey to the buttons is what matters, imo.

Another complaint is the lack of boss fight at the end. I wish it would have been more than a QTE, but, alas, FPS boss battles are a thing of the past. For the most part.

Spoilers?

Weren't like only two or three QTEs though? Like the first mission and last? And I really just don't see how Halo could do a boss fight since its only a shield/health system and we can't see enemies health. The closet we've had to a boss fight in Halo (besides Wars) is Tartarus (probably butchered the name) and really I felt that was horrible and only fun when I used the banshee to kill him. The scarab fights felt more like boss fights to me than that. I mean I guess we could do a boss fight where there in a vehicle and you have to disable it like a scarab kinda, then the boss comes out, and you just kill him like other enemies?
---
#5SrgtStalker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:57:18 PM
gsforlife posted...
Campaign - Bland

Story - Excellent

Personally I'm just ready to see how dark Halo 5 is really gonna be.
---
#6IluvurmomwcPosted 1/30/2013 6:58:44 PM
I honestly don't believe people will ever get tired of boss fights. You look forward to them. If 343 threw in a few boss's with energy bars, I believe it would make the game play more desirable.
---
I teach Halo lessons for MP's. PM me if interested.
GT: Mak3itaphattyyy
#7SunDevil77Posted 1/30/2013 7:00:55 PM
SrgtStalker posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Spoilers?

Weren't like only two or three QTEs though? Like the first mission and last? And I really just don't see how Halo could do a boss fight since its only a shield/health system and we can't see enemies health. The closet we've had to a boss fight in Halo (besides Wars) is Tartarus (probably butchered the name) and really I felt that was horrible and only fun when I used the banshee to kill him. The scarab fights felt more like boss fights to me than that. I mean I guess we could do a boss fight where there in a vehicle and you have to disable it like a scarab kinda, then the boss comes out, and you just kill him like other enemies?

I'm with you, I never expected an epic "boss fight"

Also, it's not a spoiler. I didn't name names
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#8SrgtStalker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:02:35 PM
Iluvurmomwc posted...
I honestly don't believe people will ever get tired of boss fights. You look forward to them. If 343 threw in a few boss's with energy bars, I believe it would make the game play more desirable.

Don't get me wrong, I love boss fights! But boss fights just don't seem like they'd fit in Halo
---
#9IluvurmomwcPosted 1/30/2013 7:05:56 PM
I agree. It would stray too far from the roots. But, what if there were and boss's dropped random armor, Microsoft Points, and other free stuff like one year gold cards! I bet you the server would be close to a million people at a time.
---
#10IluvurmomwcPosted 1/30/2013 7:07:06 PM
WOH, World Of Halo.
---