Campaign love/hate

#21SrgtStalker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:29:19 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
SrgtStalker posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
SrgtStalker posted...
Iluvurmomwc posted...
I agree. It would stray too far from the roots. But, what if there were and boss's dropped random armor, Microsoft Points, and other free stuff like one year gold cards! I bet you the server would be close to a million people at a time.

There was talk of a Halo MMO actually, now how on earth that would work....I have no idea XD lvl 1: Mark IV armor (basically mark V without shields) lvl 10: Mark V lvl 20: mark VI lvl 30: mark VI gen II? Just dont see it....

I could see a Halo MMO play like Mass Effect.
Third person with dialogue choices, could be cool.

Cancelled Halo project called Halo Chronicles, look it up, that's what it was supposed to be like, except I don't know about 3rd person. Seemed cool, but sadly, like I said, cancelled.

Oh I know. I was hyped for it...just like Halo Wars 2...Then ensemble died. D:

First person I know that knows about Chronicles, points for you! Id never actually heard anything about until I was just searching Halo on here, and boom! There it was! But gosh that was so many years ago it seems.
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
#22SrgtStalker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:32:16 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
SrgtStalker posted...
enterthemadrox posted...
Iluvurmomwc posted...
I honestly don't believe people will ever get tired of boss fights. You look forward to them. If 343 threw in a few boss's with energy bars, I believe it would make the game play more desirable.

I don't mind boss fights in FPS games but I just think about Goldeneye back on N64 and how cool it was that you could headshot the "boss" once and be done with it quickly. We did it with Alec Trevelyan, zooming in from a distance and shooting him in the head until the final cutscene appeared to end the game instead of running around chasing him like you're supposed to.

Halo I don't think should change it up by introducing health bars for bosses.

Exactly, FPS bosses are usually too easy. Honestly only time I can think of a FPS boss fight is Time Splitters and I barely remember that.

The last FPS I played that used boss health bars that suited the game's tone was Duke Nukem Forever but hell, the original Duke 3D didn't have health bars, you just fired until it fell down dead.

I like that better.

I love and hate health bars. Love because you know how close you are to killing them, hate because of when you die on that last centimeter of health.
---
#23IluvurmomwcPosted 1/30/2013 9:01:28 PM
If we go back to classic side scrollers like mega man, streets of rage, contra, etc. All the boss's had health bars. I prefer the bar because that way at least you know how close you are or were to beating the boss. I love Halo, hell I've been playing anniversary matchmaking all night. I just hope Halo 5 has a game changer incorporated into the gameplay. It's getting stale.
---
I teach Halo lessons for MP's. PM me if interested.
GT: Mak3itaphattyyy
#24SrgtStalker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 9:04:26 PM
Iluvurmomwc posted...
If we go back to classic side scrollers like mega man, streets of rage, contra, etc. All the boss's had health bars. I prefer the bar because that way at least you know how close you are or were to beating the boss. I love Halo, hell I've been playing anniversary matchmaking all night. I just hope Halo 5 has a game changer incorporated into the gameplay. It's getting stale.

There's that word everyone seems to hate though, "change" and any form of it.
---
#25IluvurmomwcPosted 1/30/2013 9:06:14 PM
Yes, but innovation is key, especially in the gaming world.
---
I teach Halo lessons for MP's. PM me if interested.
GT: Mak3itaphattyyy
#26enterthemadroxPosted 1/30/2013 9:06:52 PM
SrgtStalker posted...
Iluvurmomwc posted...

Yeah, just look at the amount of trolling topics by whiners we have on this board already. Pathetic really because I find Halo 4 more fun than the previous games in the series because of the slight changes 343 made.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#27SrgtStalker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 9:24:45 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
SrgtStalker posted...
Iluvurmomwc posted...

Yeah, just look at the amount of trolling topics by whiners we have on this board already. Pathetic really because I find Halo 4 more fun than the previous games in the series because of the slight changes 343 made.

Only change I didn't like was no unsc flying vehicles for multiplayer or even forge. Wish they would've made forerunner vehicles but I can understand why they didnt considering they probably didnt even need vehicles besides ships. Imjust ready for Halo 5 story and how their gonna work the "darkness" into it? Is it like a lot of dying, scary, cold and heartless, or what? Oh the anticipation.
---
#28enterthemadroxPosted 1/30/2013 9:29:59 PM
SrgtStalker posted...
enterthemadrox posted...
SrgtStalker posted...
Iluvurmomwc posted...

Only change I didn't like was no unsc flying vehicles for multiplayer or even forge. Wish they would've made forerunner vehicles but I can understand why they didnt considering they probably didnt even need vehicles besides ships. Imjust ready for Halo 5 story and how their gonna work the "darkness" into it? Is it like a lot of dying, scary, cold and heartless, or what? Oh the anticipation.

See, that's the first complaint I can see myself agreeing with so far about this game and it's not even much of a complaint. We get banshees in MP so why not pelicans etc?

I also can't wait to get 5. In fact, I can honestly say that until 4 came out, the Halo series was very "meh" for me but now I'm a fan.

Sure, Bungie had pretty decent campaign stories but I love what 343 gave us, I really enjoy Spartan Ops as an extra piece to the puzzle and story arc they're trying to tell and MP is more fun than it used to be.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#29SrgtStalker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 9:39:47 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
SrgtStalker posted...
enterthemadrox posted...
SrgtStalker posted...
Iluvurmomwc posted...

See, that's the first complaint I can see myself agreeing with so far about this game and it's not even much of a complaint. We get banshees in MP so why not pelicans etc?

I also can't wait to get 5. In fact, I can honestly say that until 4 came out, the Halo series was very "meh" for me but now I'm a fan.

Sure, Bungie had pretty decent campaign stories but I love what 343 gave us, I really enjoy Spartan Ops as an extra piece to the puzzle and story arc they're trying to tell and MP is more fun than it used to be.

Those new chapters are amazing! That shows 343 is listening to Some complaints and made Spartan Ops so much better than it first was! I LOVED episodes 6 and 7.
---