Double Team Playlist Details

#1MrFish86Posted 1/30/2013 9:22:33 PM
The Halo bulletin was posted a while ago, and Bravo gave us some further clarification on what the Double Team playlist settings will actually be like come Monday. Here's a snippet from the weekly update that talks specifically about these settings...

The Halo Bulletin 1/30/13

We’re also extremely excited about the premiere of Team Doubles in Halo 4. Seriously, we’re just as pumped as you are. The Matchmaking team, Multiplayer team and Community Cartographers have been working day and night in order to prepare this playlist for your enjoyment. We’ve got 3 different game types that will be featured when the playlist launches.

Infinity Doubles offers the Infinity Slayer experience in 2 vs 2 form. In this variant, players have the option to choose their custom loadout, and instant respawn and radar are enabled. Personal ordnance will kick in at the traditional 70 point mark, but the options are tweaked specifically for Team Doubles. Games are played up to 300 points.

Doubles Pro offers an experience that features preset game loadouts. The score limit is the same as above, but radar, personal ordnance and instant respawn are disabled. Here are the loadouts that will be featured:

Loadout 1:
Starting Weapon - DMR
Secondary Weapon - Magnum
Armor Abilities - None
Tactical Mod - Resupply
Support Mod - Dexterity

Loadout 2:
Starting Weapon - BR
Armor Abilities - None
Tactical Mod - Resupply
Support Mod - Dexterity

Loadout 3:
Starting Weapon - LightRifle
Armor Abilities - None
Tactical Mod - Resupply
Support Mod - Dexterity

Loadout 4:
Starting Weapon - Carbine
Armor Abilities - None
Tactical Mod - Resupply
Support Mod - Dexterity

CTF Doubles offers the ever-popular Capture the Flag game type, customized for 2 vs 2 play. Custom loadouts and radar are enabled, and respawn time is set to 10 seconds. Flag settings provide an optimal experience for small maps and teams: 5 flags to win, 3 second return, and 15 second reset. Lastly, your flag does not have to be home to score.

We’re still finalizing the map pool but are happy to announce that players who enjoy the comforts of split-screen play will have the option to select on-disc maps in the first voting slot. By offering slightly modified versions of Haven, Abandon and Solace, split-screen players can be sure that they’ll have the option to play on a map that offers the best split-screen experience. Additionally, we plan to offer several of the best community Forge maps in this playlist and will continue to update the map pool on a regular basis to keep everything fresh. Additional details regarding the playlist will be posted before it launches, so keep an eye on the Matchmaking section of our forums.

If you want to read the update itself, here's the link

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/01/30/The-Halo-Bulletin-13013.aspx

The rest of the update talks about CTF changes, and lets you know about the file share working in game finally. So, what do you guys think about these settings for doubles?
#2lderivedxPosted 1/30/2013 9:24:00 PM
doublesprodoublesprodoublesprodoublesprodoublesprodoublesprodoublespro
---
You hate even numbers? Are you one of those people that only eats certain colors of M&Ms? -skiergamer23
GT: i derive dx
#3Msheridan1990Posted 1/30/2013 9:31:45 PM
omg doubles pro how great i cant wait for them 2 pull it in a month cuz all the kids play infinity doubles LOL
---
offical voice of the h4 community LOL
#4_ANG3LIC_Posted 1/30/2013 9:34:37 PM
I'm pumped doubles in h3 was my favorite non MLG playlist. It's great to see a no instant respawn game type available. Maps are an issue though... solace will be terrible. Hopefully simplex and dispatch are in there

Ranked doubles will also probably happen, which will definitely make everybody including myself extremely happy.
---
GT: ROB THE TURTLE
Most loved poster at the HRGB
#5True_ScornPosted 1/30/2013 9:39:01 PM
Doubles was fun. Glad to hear this might happen.
#6thethirdthoughtPosted 1/30/2013 9:42:30 PM
lderivedx posted...
doublesprodoublesprodoublesprodoublesprodoublesprodoublesprodoublespro

Nice that we are finally getting some team doubles, also: the derivative of x is 1. Do i get a cookie now?
#7CallMeCujoPosted 1/30/2013 9:43:20 PM
i cant wait to do some doubles on halo 4! This game just keeps getting better!
---
Xbox 360 GT: Zonaji.
#8bd0g5Posted 1/30/2013 9:53:45 PM
_ANG3LIC_ posted...
I'm pumped doubles in h3 was my favorite non MLG playlist. It's great to see a no instant respawn game type available. Maps are an issue though... solace will be terrible. Hopefully simplex and dispatch are in there

Ranked doubles will also probably happen, which will definitely make everybody including myself extremely happy.

Rob did you disconnect earlier? We beat your team after you left.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#9lderivedxPosted 1/30/2013 10:03:23 PM
the derivative of x is 1.

Not necessarily.

Do i get a cookie now?

No.
---
"you got hit by a car? lmao nice awareness, no wonder you suck at halo." - sloppy
GT: i derive dx
#10thethirdthoughtPosted 1/30/2013 10:09:48 PM
lderivedx posted...
the derivative of x is 1.

Not necessarily.

Do i get a cookie now?

No.

Wouldn't it be 1 in the case of y or f(x) = x ?