Someone explain how a Casual Noob is being matched with these Elite ALG Pros?

#1HaloODSTDPosted 1/31/2013 6:44:26 AM
I'm a SR-21. Played less than 30 games.

All night for two hours I keep getting matched up with people over SR-100...Only 1 game out of about 10 did I get people *sorta* in my range (SR-40 to SR-60). What I noticed is all the Infinity Slayer games is when I got matched up with the SR-100s, and the 1 CTF game I played I had people around my rank.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't players over SR-100 have specializations that give them a noticeable advantage over people under SR-50? (I'm not 100% sure what the specializations do, but I saw some see through camo)

Or maybe the better you do in 1 playlist, the better people you're matched up with? Because I mostly play Infinity Slayer (maybe that's why I got matched up with SR-100s) and seldom play CTF (where I got matched with SR-40 to SR-60)

On Halotracker.com, my High Skill in Slayer is a 7, and my CTF skill is a 1......maybe that's why?
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo PSN: Rutgers Student
Jessica Jung all day, every day.
#2SociopathixPosted 1/31/2013 6:48:47 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
I'm a SR-21. Played less than 30 games.

All night for two hours I keep getting matched up with people over SR-100...Only 1 game out of about 10 did I get people *sorta* in my range (SR-40 to SR-60). What I noticed is all the Infinity Slayer games is when I got matched up with the SR-100s, and the 1 CTF game I played I had people around my rank.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't players over SR-100 have specializations that give them a noticeable advantage over people under SR-50? (I'm not 100% sure what the specializations do, but I saw some see through camo)

Or maybe the better you do in 1 playlist, the better people you're matched up with? Because I mostly play Infinity Slayer (maybe that's why I got matched up with SR-100s) and seldom play CTF (where I got matched with SR-40 to SR-60)

On Halotracker.com, my High Skill in Slayer is a 7, and my CTF skill is a 1......maybe that's why?

Specializations dont give a noticeable advantage at all
---
"Halo 4 board, where everyone hates everyone and **** you" -Spiduxlimitless
GT: Sociopathix
#3BeastlyIguanaPosted 1/31/2013 6:53:16 AM
Time played =/= skill
---
Who the **** vacuums a window?
#4Msheridan1990Posted 1/31/2013 7:00:30 AM
r u a girl?
---
offical voice of the h4 community LOL
#5HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:09:45 AM
Msheridan1990 posted...
r u a girl?

I'm all manchild.
---
#6zetsuhimozePosted 1/31/2013 7:19:33 AM
You get matched according to your high skill rank for each setlist. Higher sr does not mean better. Many of the ones you may be seeing have grinded spartan ops for a higher sr.
---
Psn zetsu_himoze
#7imthestuntmanPosted 1/31/2013 7:23:02 AM
Specializations start at level 51. And none of them are significant advantages.

The see through camo was the active came armor ability which if you dont already have you will shortly.
#8HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:26:32 AM
zetsuhimoze posted...
You get matched according to your high skill rank for each setlist. Higher sr does not mean better. Many of the ones you may be seeing have grinded spartan ops for a higher sr.

thanks for clearing that up. So that means I'll probably never get matched up with nubs in Infinity Slayer :/
---
#9bd0g5Posted 1/31/2013 7:42:04 AM
ALG

wat
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#10HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:42:43 AM
bd0g5 posted...
ALG

wat

no idea, saw it used in an earlier topic.
---