Someone explain how a Casual Noob is being matched with these Elite ALG Pros?

#11yoshiisbackPosted 1/31/2013 7:57:38 AM
Agl pros don't play matchmaking, just sweaty boltshot kids.
---
XBL GT: Yoshi eats
#12zetsuhimozePosted 1/31/2013 7:58:24 AM
yoshiisback posted...
Agl pros don't play matchmaking, just sweaty boltshot kids.

---
Psn zetsu_himoze
#13zetsuhimozePosted 1/31/2013 8:04:53 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
zetsuhimoze posted...
You get matched according to your high skill rank for each setlist. Higher sr does not mean better. Many of the ones you may be seeing have grinded spartan ops for a higher sr.

thanks for clearing that up. So that means I'll probably never get matched up with nubs in Infinity Slayer :/

If your high skill rank on slayer is 7 you are facing the nubs...7 is a relatively low rank. But you've only played 30 games and they say it takes about 50 games of a single playlist to properly set it to where you are fighting those of equal skill
---
Psn zetsu_himoze
#14HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:34:36 AM(edited)
zetsuhimoze posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
zetsuhimoze posted...
You get matched according to your high skill rank for each setlist. Higher sr does not mean better. Many of the ones you may be seeing have grinded spartan ops for a higher sr.

thanks for clearing that up. So that means I'll probably never get matched up with nubs in Infinity Slayer :/

If your high skill rank on slayer is 7 you are facing the nubs...7 is a relatively low rank. But you've only played 30 games and they say it takes about 50 games of a single playlist to properly set it to where you are fighting those of equal skill

That makes more sense, but it doesn't seem like I'm facing nubc4kes because you can tell they coordinate, know the map, etc.. o well. O____O

EDIT: Is High Skill Rank determined by games played/won or KA/D ratio?

---
GT: Jessica Jung xo PSN: Rutgers Student
Jessica Jung all day, every day.
#15zetsuhimozePosted 1/31/2013 8:56:11 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
zetsuhimoze posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
zetsuhimoze posted...

That makes more sense, but it doesn't seem like I'm facing nubc4kes because you can tell they coordinate, know the map, etc.. o well. O____O

EDIT: Is High Skill Rank determined by games played/won or KA/D ratio?

To my knowledge its factored by how well you do. So KA/D seems to be the determining factor for slayer types, doing the objective and KA/D for the other typws
---
Psn zetsu_himoze
#16Asherlee10Posted 1/31/2013 9:02:36 AM(edited)
zetsuhimoze posted...
So KA/D seems to be the determining factor for slayer types

I've been paying attention to KDR while going into matchmaking and it seems very random. Some are >1.00 and some are ~1.00 and very few over 2.00. My KDR right now is 2.22.

It just seems odd, but I notice skill set is ranged in most MM games.

EDIT: Typo
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#17HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:06:15 AM
What is used more for determining?

I'm 13-4 in Infinity Slayer with a 1.91 K/D in Infinity Slayer
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo PSN: Rutgers Student
Jessica Jung all day, every day.
#18Asherlee10Posted 1/31/2013 9:10:11 AM
I have no idea, that's what I can't figure out.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#19zetsuhimozePosted 1/31/2013 9:26:19 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
I have no idea, that's what I can't figure out.

I think it has to do more with the points you earn each match. Which KA/D affects, but i could be wrong
---
Psn zetsu_himoze