So when I use the Stealth perk for the first time...

#1ShadowMaster684Posted 1/31/2013 9:02:12 AM
I actually thought something was wrong with my headset. I'd been having issues with it before, and it was suddenly WAY too quiet while I was running around. After about 15 seconds of confusion, I felt like a freakin' idiot.

On another note, Stealth is awesome for headset users, because once you don't hear yourself stomping the hell around, it makes it much easier to focus on all the other sounds of the game. Very beneficial.
#2EiffelPosted 1/31/2013 9:10:18 AM
Lol, same thing happened to me. I never really noticed the sound of my footsteps until they were gone.

This is fun to use when the other team is spamming PV, you can surprise them when they assume your teammate is alone and come around the corner expecting a 1v1 and it's 2v1.
#3SpiduxxudipSPosted 1/31/2013 9:14:03 AM
I just started Wetwork last night so we'll see how I like it. So far I haven't used any of the specialization perks I've earned. (Gunner, Nemesis, Stability <-- Though that one is useful).
---
Mom... You made a monster and I'll be making minions by the minute...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#4ShadowMaster684(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:15:50 AM
I wish I could just fast-forward through Operator and Pathfinder (yes, I'm a complete vehicle junkie). Working 40- to 50-hour weeks is just not conducive for high XP gain. Took me forever just to complete the first specialization.
#5SpiduxxudipSPosted 1/31/2013 9:17:40 AM
Yeah, I only play like 2 hours a day and I'm only on level 91, I've had this game since launch and got the specialization e-mail. Hell, I'm still under 500 matches in MM, I think I need to play more.
---
Mom... You made a monster and I'll be making minions by the minute...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#6I_Got_RhythmPosted 1/31/2013 9:23:56 AM
While I can definitely hear footsteps with my headset, I can't hear them well enough to really change the game at all. When I tried out stealth I thought it was really cool that I couldn't hear my footsteps, but then I realized there are more useful alternatives. In this game it just seems like a novelty perk to me.
---
GT: Isorhythmic
#7ShadowMaster684(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:37:29 AM
I_Got_Rhythm posted...
While I can definitely hear footsteps with my headset, I can't hear them well enough to really change the game at all. When I tried out stealth I thought it was really cool that I couldn't hear my footsteps, but then I realized there are more useful alternatives. In this game it just seems like a novelty perk to me.

I think it's a nice benefit on top of not being seen on Promethean Vision and that sort of thing. I definitely find myself using my ears a lot more with a headset than I do with my speakers, though. Last night I made a pretty solid heads-up play, when I heard a guy charging a boltshot around the corner, so I walked up and had my hardlight shield up, and when he shot at me, the shot rebounded and he killed himself.

Probably my most satisfying moment in any Halo game, ever.
#8Oblivion_HeroPosted 1/31/2013 10:40:37 AM
I end up getting more use out of the faster assassinations and anti-PV effect than I do the silenced footsteps. But that's probably because I end up doing a fair amount of splitscreen with my roommates and don't have a quality headset.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.