The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I think 343 needs to make a better reward system for Halo 5

#1Robin_MaskPosted 1/31/2013 5:40:45 PM
I find it stupid how everything but the Specializations unlock at the end.

Want to get a new visor? Master the objective.
Want to get a new helmet and armor pattern? Master the objective.
Want to get a new stance? Master the objective.

It's not like in COD where one gets different skins for weapons after a certain number of headshots/kills with a weapon and the second set of skins unlock to specific challenges, but you already have a good number of skins to switch around with.

It just seems dull how one has to go pretty far to just get something new at times. At least the Specializations are there, which should have been the system for all the rewards.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#2SociopathixPosted 1/31/2013 5:54:28 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
I find it stupid how everything but the Specializations unlock at the end.

Want to get a new visor? Master the objective.
Want to get a new helmet and armor pattern? Master the objective.
Want to get a new stance? Master the objective.

It's not like in COD where one gets different skins for weapons after a certain number of headshots/kills with a weapon and the second set of skins unlock to specific challenges, but you already have a good number of skins to switch around with.

It just seems dull how one has to go pretty far to just get something new at times. At least the Specializations are there, which should have been the system for all the rewards.

I have a multiple choice response for yea:

A)Let's keep it that way.
B) go away
C) all of the above

You pick
---
"Halo 4 board, where everyone hates everyone and **** you" -Spiduxlimitless
GT: Sociopathix
#3elitewarrior500Posted 1/31/2013 5:55:22 PM
remember back when the only reward was getting a new rank and you really just played for fun? anybody?
---
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf
GT: Ceph Falco
#4Robin_Mask(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:02:40 PM
This is another board that is paranoid over trolls. Pretty sad.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#5AndrewColinPosted 1/31/2013 6:03:18 PM
Honestly I think they should've added more rewards and made them a bit harder.

example:

1 Instead of emblem packs giving out the crossed swords, and sticky emblems, you should have had to earn them with the mastery like the splatter emblem.

2 There should've been more weapon skins earned after expert,and mastery of that weapon.

That way every commendation has an unlock instead of just certain ones. I hate mastering a commendation and getting nothing for it. I understand with the weapons you eventually get a stance for mastering all the ordinance, but an emblem after each individual weapon would've been better than giving them away at lvl 20 or w/e. Plus it would show who actually worked for their emblems and be a way to prove you are a master.
#6TheFinalEvilPosted 1/31/2013 6:04:16 PM
elitewarrior500 posted...
remember back when the only reward was getting a new rank and you really just played for fun? anybody?

Yep, good times...
#7Robin_Mask(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:45:54 PM
AndrewColin posted...

example:

1 Instead of emblem packs giving out the crossed swords, and sticky emblems, you should have had to earn them with the mastery like the splatter emblem.

2 There should've been more weapon skins earned after expert,and mastery of that weapon.

That way every commendation has an unlock instead of just certain ones. I hate mastering a commendation and getting nothing for it. I understand with the weapons you eventually get a stance for mastering all the ordinance, but an emblem after each individual weapon would've been better than giving them away at lvl 20 or w/e. Plus it would show who actually worked for their emblems and be a way to prove you are a master.

That does sound like a good idea, hell, I would have been okay with unlocking the leg armor, shoulder pads, chest piece, visor and finally the helmet at the end of a mastery.

Do wish for more weapon skins.
---
#8AndrewColinPosted 1/31/2013 6:50:28 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
AndrewColin posted...

example:

That does sound like a good idea, hell, I would have been okay with unlocking the leg armor, shoulder pads, chest piece, visor and finally the helmet at the end of a mastery.

Do wish for more weapon skins.

i agree that worked well for the specializations and it would've made the commendations work better too.
#9ZIONel44Posted 1/31/2013 9:46:40 PM
that would be great if it weren't for the fact that everyone does not have a lot of time on there hands to grind every single thing. after a while most people would get tired of playing just to get there first a helmet : P

it would be good to have unlocks for every accommodation but they should be special aside from the ones obtained easily and its kinda already like that you just don't get stuff for those lesser accommodations which makes since.
---
XBL gt: lee the wise
appreciate a game for what it brings. not just for the graphics.