What seperates a "Good Casual" with a "ALG Pro"?

#31YellowPurplePosted 2/2/2013 1:56:04 AM
co1onel posted...
Why are people so fixated on K/D ration? Especially in Halo?

I don't get it either. Seems like in the last few years people are obsession over stats on pretty much any FPS game I play online, didn't really see that as much when I first started playing online but I also didn't visit forums then so IDK. It's definitely not just Halo, there are major stat freaks on BF3 and CoD.
#32XioJenesisPosted 2/2/2013 2:10:14 AM
Because K/D USUALLY is a decent way of seeing how good a player is. Chances are, if someone has a .05 KD, they are brain dead. Someone with a 1.90 is probably pretty decent.

Obviously this varies because there are some who may just play objective and only go for kills. But it works well for figuring out ahead of time if someone is good/bad.
---
Your God is as real as the Tooth Fairy. Deal with it.
#33co1onelPosted 2/2/2013 2:16:59 AM
XioJenesis posted...
Because K/D USUALLY is a decent way of seeing how good a player is. Chances are, if someone has a .05 KD, they are brain dead. Someone with a 1.90 is probably pretty decent.

Obviously this varies because there are some who may just play objective and only go for kills. But it works well for figuring out ahead of time if someone is good/bad.

And you do realize how big of a range .05 to 1.90 is?
---
PSN: Co1onel-225
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoIonel - http://i.minus.com/iVXYeO2wiU3WC.gif
#34Morgoth the EnemyPosted 2/2/2013 7:27:30 AM(edited)
Underweight actually, and sorry that you believe someone playing a game should be paid.(physical or video) Those are not jobs, they're past times. The fact we throw so much money to someone who literally performs a useless task is highly pathetic and idiotic, Don't like it to bad. Also highly unlikely that I put more time into them considering if I get a hour a day, I'm doing good. Never said playing video games or ball games was bad, just paying an adult to play a game is moronic. However, good job at making ignorant, baseless assumptions and confirming my motto.
---
Far as humanity goes intelligent life is an oxymoron - xUSDx Reborn
#35SlaveZero40Posted 2/2/2013 7:40:02 AM
If I play with an actual good premade team in Halo, I would worry about stats more. But since I play by myself and Regicide is absolute garbage, I'm forced to play by myself with random people and most of the time my teammates are garbage who either play like they don't undetstand the map layouts or camp together then die once they separate.
I just leave so many matches cuz I'm sick of my team feeding the enemies power weapons. I'm not staying in a match with an incompetent team. F*** a loss.
---
Pray the day for another Jet Set Radio game, "Boondocks" season 4, and people to learn about good rappers EX: MFDOOM, Elzhi, Gangstarr, Substantial.
#36X250Posted 2/2/2013 8:11:47 AM
Morgoth the Enemy posted...
Underweight actually, and sorry that you believe someone playing a game should be paid.(physical or video) Those are not jobs, they're past times. The fact we throw so much money to someone who literally performs a useless task is highly pathetic and idiotic, Don't like it to bad.

Their job is to entertain. It's actually far less pathetic than playing games or sports just for fun, which could be argued is a waste of valuable time.

You posting on a forum telling other people how their way of life is stupid is 100% assuredly a waste of your time.

Also highly unlikely that I put more time into them considering if I get a hour a day, I'm doing good.

So you just like to spend most of your time on a forum talking about games then. That's worse.
#37Morgoth the EnemyPosted 2/2/2013 8:31:56 AM
Most of my time? Can you make any more ignorant assumptions? You have no idea who I am, just don't like the fact I disagree with paying someone to play a game, So you make a condescending remark. Just so you know, I'm posting from my cell which takes all of 5 minutes to check and reply, so much effort and time. Next assumption please, and this time at least make it interesting.
---
#38__balePosted 2/2/2013 8:49:12 AM

Also highly unlikely that I put more time into them considering if I get a hour a day, I'm doing good.

snipedown played 20 games between when the game was released and last weekend. how many have you played in that time frame? he just won 1500 dollars, how much did you win?
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#39X250Posted 2/2/2013 8:51:30 AM
Visiting gamefaqs 2,000+ days isn't spending a lot of time here. ROFL!
#40Morgoth the EnemyPosted 2/2/2013 10:09:06 AM(edited)
Staying logged on gains karma regardless if you visit or not, good try though. Next time do little research on site mechanics before opening your mouth and looking like a fool. Next attempt please.

To bale, paying someone to play a game is ridiculous, not concerned with playtime or what you do. It's being paid to play a game(video or physical) that's the issue.
---