What seperates a "Good Casual" with a "ALG Pro"?

#51AdamskaPosted 2/2/2013 12:12:37 PM
The drive is what seperates a good casual with a ALG Pro. Going to tournaments and see how serious they take these games. Dealing with the pressure of getting eliminated with money on the line. Accepting defeat and training to get better with a group of people who have the same drive to become better.

That is all there is to it. I consider myself a good player, but I have no where near the drive/motivation to train/play a lot with a group of similar players. Once upon a time in Halo 3 I got into it but that was it. I have a friend who is in the top Halo team from my island(PR) and he played a lot and trained a lot with his team. I have played Halo since CE and I have probably logged hundreds upon hundreds of hours worth of playtime throughout all Halos and I know it doesn't come close to his playtime. He will always thoroughly own me.
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot
#52yoshiisbackPosted 2/2/2013 12:19:22 PM
HybridSnake posted...
The drive is what seperates a good casual with a ALG Pro. Going to tournaments and see how serious they take these games. Dealing with the pressure of getting eliminated with money on the line. Accepting defeat and training to get better with a group of people who have the same drive to become better.

That is all there is to it. I consider myself a good player, but I have no where near the drive/motivation to train/play a lot with a group of similar players. Once upon a time in Halo 3 I got into it but that was it. I have a friend who is in the top Halo team from my island(PR) and he played a lot and trained a lot with his team. I have played Halo since CE and I have probably logged hundreds upon hundreds of hours worth of playtime throughout all Halos and I know it doesn't come close to his playtime. He will always thoroughly own me.

This applies to anything below pro level. I saw so many sweaty tryhards get really angry when they lose in Chicago.
Status quo is the perfect counter example to everything you just stated.

Tldr: hey average kid, stop putting so much assertion in something you don't understand completely.
---
XBL GT: Yoshi eats
#53Slayers8anFTWPosted 2/2/2013 12:26:51 PM
Don't be mad cause you suck Morgoth. You're just mad that you aren't pro at anything like GRIFBAWL!!! That's where the talent is at! Also I have to agree that Morgoth is overweight...he's probably wider in circumference than Iron-Tager is tall...
---
IMASIANMANG posted... If I could abstractly have sex with you, I'd think about it.
#54AdamskaPosted 2/2/2013 12:27:36 PM
So if the topic is what separates good casuals from Pros and my point applies to anything below Pro level, how is my point not valid?

Whatever though.
---
#55yoshiisbackPosted 2/2/2013 12:34:39 PM
HybridSnake posted...
So if the topic is what separates good casuals from Pros and my point applies to anything below Pro level, how is my point not valid?

Whatever though.

You explained what separates bad kids from decent kids. Nothing that relates to agl pros, thus nothing that applies to the entire topic.

My point is most people can play all day and night, but it wont produce a formal or a snipedown.
---
XBL GT: Yoshi eats
#56AdamskaPosted 2/2/2013 12:36:29 PM
yoshiisback posted...
HybridSnake posted...

Whatever though.

You explained what separates bad kids from decent kids. Nothing that relates to agl pros, thus nothing that applies to the entire topic.

My point is most people can play all day and night, but it wont produce a formal or a snipedown.

i c.
---
#57Morgoth the EnemyPosted 2/2/2013 1:28:05 PM
Don't be mad Slayers8an, your just jelly of my mad Grifbawl skills. Also, you're jealous that I can be compared to Tager at all, unlike you Dan Hibiki. :P
---
Far as humanity goes intelligent life is an oxymoron - xUSDx Reborn
#58Slayers8anFTWPosted 2/2/2013 1:39:53 PM
What's to be "jelly" of? The only similarities between you and Tager are your width, and the fact that your brain processes at about the same speed that Tager moves...
---
IMASIANMANG posted... If I could abstractly have sex with you, I'd think about it.
#59Morgoth the EnemyPosted 2/2/2013 3:17:54 PM
My brain process is like Unlimited Tagers sprint, nigh unstoppable. Unlike you who can't even win a game of tic tac toe against a blind simian.
---
Far as humanity goes intelligent life is an oxymoron - xUSDx Reborn
#60Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/2/2013 9:27:09 PM
yoshiisback posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Wait, yoshi is from Wisconsin?

Green bay. My teammates are from Milwaukee and whitewater.

neat. I grew up in central Wisconsin.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-6 :(