Why do so many people hate halo wars?

#1imthestuntmanPosted 2/1/2013 8:52:43 AM
I got it when it came out and that game was quite fun. I was a huge fan of the age of empire games and felt that halo wars was a very good version of their age of empires series, with some slight changes to make it play better on a console.

Can someone explain to me why it is so disliked?

Were people just not aware of what kind of game it was when they bought it? Or did they buy it just because it was a halo game and were hoping to like it regardless of the type of game?

I am really just looking for a real answer other than it was bad, because that really is not a fair answer.
#2BeastlyIguanaPosted 2/1/2013 8:57:18 AM
It required thought process to do well in.
---
Who the **** vacuums a window?
#3capnchuckPosted 2/1/2013 9:00:45 AM
Halo Wars is amazing!! I still have my fingers crossed that Halo Wars 2 will be a launch title for the next Xbox. The game just felt like Halo, which is more than I can say about Halo 4...
#4Laughing_CatPosted 2/1/2013 9:43:56 AM
It was good beside warthog rushes
---
I pity the fool.
#5burningsmurfsPosted 2/1/2013 9:47:24 AM
I think a combo between it's not a FPS so it wasn't worth it to a ton of folks coupled with the multiplayer which is all a bunch of people care about that was very easy to be extremely cheap in. I know I only played MP with friends because we could make a non-boring ass cheap tactic game and actually have fun in it.
---
I don't burn smurfs, I just figured a burning one would smell.
#6tubb311Posted 2/1/2013 9:47:46 AM
don't hate it, just don't care for RTS games.
#7XioJenesisPosted 2/1/2013 9:58:22 AM
Console RTS.

I just gotta look at the N64 version of Starcraft and know that I don't want to try any RTS on a console. Bring it to the PC and I'm sure I'll love it.
---
Your God is as real as the Tooth Fairy. Deal with it.
#8Topkick1975Posted 2/1/2013 9:58:33 AM
I'm not an RTS fan, but I enjoyed that quite a bit.

Perhaps that's exactly the problem in the eyes of the RTS faithful.

I'd love it if they'd do a sequel on the next xbox.
#9Flying_LigersPosted 2/1/2013 9:58:40 AM
I loved it. I wasn't aware there was a lot of hate for it.
---
"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture- and kill them" - Full Metal Jacket
http://i50.tinypic.com/htybsx.jpg
#10SonyHoundDawgPosted 2/1/2013 11:28:01 AM
XioJenesis posted...
Console RTS.

I just gotta look at the N64 version of Starcraft and know that I don't want to try any RTS on a console. Bring it to the PC and I'm sure I'll love it.

I thought Starcraft 64 was great. And I also had on PC too that could run it full blast back in the day. In the end I think actually enjoyed playing through the N64 version more.