What do you guys think about the Spartan Ops story so far? (Spoilers)

#1oJoRdAn23oPosted 2/1/2013 5:43:16 PM
I think it carries on very well from the ending of the game, and it usually leaves me wanting to see the next cut scene. The one thing that bothers me is, where is Chief during all of this?
---
Playing- Halo 4, ME3, NBA 2k13, Gears of War 3, BO2
#2denniedarkoPosted 2/1/2013 5:45:59 PM
After everything he has gone through I imagine he had to use the rest room.
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Halo (series)
Last Played: Mass Effect (9/10), Mass Effect 2 (10/10), Mass Effect 3 (9/10)
#3Demigod_ElessarPosted 2/1/2013 6:12:27 PM(edited)
I was not a big fan of Episodes 1-5, but episodes 6 and 7 so far have been absolutely amazing.

MINOR SPOILERS?

The way they're bringing Halsey and Jul into the story, and the whole interest in the Librarian... it has potential to be just as great of a story, if not better, than Halo 4's campaign. If future seasons are anything like what we're experiencing now, maybe it won't be as long of a wait for Halo 5 as I thought it'd be.

As for the Chief, I can only assume he is finally getting some much needed R&R back on Earth. Which, if you ask me, he deserves after all he's been through. I only wish they'd give us hints sometimes as to what he's doing: did he reunite with his Spartan-II buddies? How is he taking life after Cortana's "death"? Is he getting a new AI? If Halsey just now found out (6 months later) that John was alive, I'm sure he has no clue as to her existence.

I expect we'll see him back in Halo 5, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stays as a minor mention in Spartan Ops here and there.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#4s4a8ePosted 2/1/2013 7:09:08 PM
the sparton ops story is quite interesting especially with the small tidbit about chief being debriefed for information about requim and its terminals as the AI Roland told Halsey.
---
"He's got magic cards, and magic hands"-Alucard, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged.---
#5oJoRdAn23o(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 7:39:14 PM
Demigod_Elessar posted...
I was not a big fan of Episodes 1-5, but episodes 6 and 7 so far have been absolutely amazing.

MINOR SPOILERS?

The way they're bringing Halsey and Jul into the story, and the whole interest in the Librarian... it has potential to be just as great of a story, if not better, than Halo 4's campaign. If future seasons are anything like what we're experiencing now, maybe it won't be as long of a wait for Halo 5 as I thought it'd be.

As for the Chief, I can only assume he is finally getting some much needed R&R back on Earth. Which, if you ask me, he deserves after all he's been through. I only wish they'd give us hints sometimes as to what he's doing: did he reunite with his Spartan-II buddies? How is he taking life after Cortana's "death"? Is he getting a new AI? If Halsey just now found out (6 months later) that John was alive, I'm sure he has no clue as to her existence.

I expect we'll see him back in Halo 5, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stays as a minor mention in Spartan Ops here and there.

I agree, I just finished ep 1-5 and started on 6. 1-5 was honestly nothing special, it felt more like a chore. But from what I've played so far, I had a blast with the new episode and environments.
---
Playing- Halo 4, ME3, NBA 2k13, Gears of War 3, BO2
#6SunDevil77Posted 2/1/2013 9:03:25 PM
Ep. 1-5? Very weak. I didn't like SpOps.
Ep. 6 and 7? Bravo, 343. Bravo.

I just hope we see a glimpse of Chief at the end of the last episode to tide us over till 5.
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
#7Msheridan1990Posted 2/1/2013 9:15:04 PM
SunDevil77 posted...

I just hope we see a glimpse of Chief at the end of the last episode to tide us over till 5.

this guy knows LOL
---
offical voice of the h4 community LOL
#8SunDevil77Posted 2/1/2013 9:29:21 PM
Msheridan1990 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

this guy knows LOL

/Fist bump
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
#9MoeLester518Posted 2/2/2013 12:30:05 AM
As everyone said before 1-5 was very underwhelming, but 6 and 7 so far have been amazing. Cutscenes are phenomenal . I just hope they do better with the characters and make them as likeable as the ODST's were in Halo 3 ODST.
---
GT: Myneegrows518
PSN: moelester518