Possible Idea for a new Halo game?

#1EpicgnomePosted 2/1/2013 5:47:36 PM
XCOM: Enemy Unknown gameplay set in the Halo Universe. I played it a few weeks ago and it was amazing and i could only imagine it set in the Haloverse.

Commanding a Squad of UNSC soldiers as they go up against the newly encountered Covenannt or perhaps a squad of Spartan IV's as they fight a new potential threat from the covenant and forerunner army?
Thoughts?
---
http://areyoumakingmoreredvsblue.com/
Xbox GT : Urban Jokestur
#2KIngdomSora50Posted 2/1/2013 5:55:21 PM
They're making a Halo MMO right now.
#3Epicgnome(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 7:29:00 PM
Sounds iffy. How would that work in a story and gameplay element?
I say anything set during the 30 year Human-Covenant war would be just fine for story as long as they can work nicely with the books
---
http://areyoumakingmoreredvsblue.com/
Xbox GT : Urban Jokestur
#4SunDevil77Posted 2/1/2013 7:30:01 PM
KIngdomSora50 posted...
They're making a Halo MMO right now.

Eh, sorry to tell you..that was canceled years ago.
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
#5shinigamiefaPosted 2/1/2013 8:29:20 PM(edited)
How about a side story of some battles against the flood from the covenant perspective. Meaning you will probably be an Elite soldier and battle along side other covenant allies. Multilayer would be mostly the same mechanically as other Halo's, but with covenant maps, weapons and armors (including the arbiter's).

(I miss playing as an elite T_T)
---
---"One does never fail, but succeed in finding a solution that does not arrive at the desired result"---
#6Msheridan1990Posted 2/1/2013 8:31:23 PM
omg how bout s gow game w/ halo skins

Omg how bout a metal gear solid game w/ halo skins

omg how bout s super mario bros w/ halo skins

go home kid i want 2 play halo LOL
---
offical voice of the h4 community LOL
#7BigCatFivePosted 2/1/2013 8:38:06 PM
^^^^
I know you were joking, but I never understood why there wasn't a 3rd person game type. It is built in theater mode already. Would obviously not be a better way to play. Just a change of pace.

Also I was shocked they never introduced a Star Fox type game in Reach. The Falcons were Arwing clones. U Turns. Barrel Rolls. Lock on shots. Would have been fun IMO
#8Msheridan1990Posted 2/1/2013 8:39:41 PM
BigCatFive posted...
^^^^
I know you were joking, but I never understood why there wasn't a 3rd person game type. It is built in theater mode already. Would obviously not be a better way to play. Just a change of pace.

Also I was shocked they never introduced a Star Fox type game in Reach. The Falcons were Arwing clones. U Turns. Barrel Rolls. Lock on shots. Would have been fun IMO

EXUSE ME SIR plz dont rite off my posts as jokes i take this bord VERY SERIOUSLY
---
offical voice of the h4 community LOL
#9shinigamiefaPosted 2/1/2013 9:43:02 PM
Msheridan1990 posted...
BigCatFive posted...
^^^^

EXUSE ME SIR plz dont rite off my posts as jokes i take this bord VERY SERIOUSLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMXNCrpTTB8
---
---"One does never fail, but succeed in finding a solution that does not arrive at the desired result"---
#10kyro102Posted 2/1/2013 11:16:30 PM
Halo: Lego Wars

If it hasn't been destroyed yet, then Lego will come in and smash the series to itty bitty pieces
---
Congratulations. Your statement has officially made me lose faith in humanity