Found a spartan ops plot hole(spoilers)

#1H3YGUYS34Posted 2/1/2013 9:34:13 PM
You know how the covenant take no prisoners right well why did they keep the spartans of fireteam majestic when they usually would just slaughter the
---
If tomorrow is yesterday and today is tomorrow then tomorrow is today. Gt: G4MECRUSHER101(all caps).
#2SunDevil77Posted 2/1/2013 9:44:55 PM
They aren't the regular covenant.
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
#3capnchuckPosted 2/1/2013 9:50:45 PM
Why doesn't the Infinity send out and eliminate all covenant forces on requiem?? I am pretty sure they have the firepower, send in the fleet and take the dumb planet. The Spartan Ops narrative treats me like an idiot and I don't like it.
#4zetsuhimozePosted 2/1/2013 10:00:33 PM
I found a plot hole(spoilers)

So you know how spartans dies from bullet wounds and beat downs well why is therie armer not damaged cause its not realistic the armer shoild be damaged and til they fix it this game sux.....
---
Psn zetsu_himoze
#5metroidman92Posted 2/1/2013 10:51:17 PM
Covies take no prisoners?

Except they took Captain Keyes prisoner in Halo 1. Took Miranda and Johnson prisoner in Halo 2, took an entire Marine squad in Halo 2. Took Allers prisoner in Wars. Took Johnson AGAIN in 3 while still on earth, plus his squad of marines. Used human shields in Reach (not technically prisoners, but still.) Took Glassman in SpOps, as well as Thorne.

Yeah, they never take prisoners.
---
Be cool.
Don't be an a******.
#6TheIastspartanPosted 2/1/2013 11:58:41 PM
metroidman92 posted...

Except they took Captain Keyes prisoner in Halo 1. Took Miranda and Johnson prisoner in Halo 2, took an entire Marine squad in Halo 2. Took Allers prisoner in Wars. Took Johnson AGAIN in 3 while still on earth, plus his squad of marines. Used human shields in Reach (not technically prisoners, but still.) Took Glassman in SpOps, as well as Thorne.

Well this topic just got owned.
#7MoeLester518Posted 2/2/2013 12:17:36 AM
metroidman92 posted...

For captain keyes, the covenant probably wondered how humans found Halo since to them its a holy relic.As for miranda and Johnson in Halo 2 they know that they need a reclaimer to activate halos through the monitor. Never played wars, and glassman was part of the plan to get a human scientist to help awaken the librarian.

Johnson in 3 and Thorne are bullsh*t though. Especially Thorne.
---
GT: Myneegrows518
PSN: moelester518
#8RAGEface14Posted 2/2/2013 12:23:12 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
They aren't the regular covenant.

The regular Covenant also took Marines hostage in Halo 2 AND 3. This is no new plot hole.
---
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
GT: RAGEface14
#9The_87_ReaperPosted 2/2/2013 12:26:02 AM
In Spartan Ops it's all about keeping the gifts given to them by the relic.
---
The future does not exist, because by the the time you're there it's already the present.
Dr. Richard Epear - May 1st 2009
#10BlindDeadeyePosted 2/2/2013 3:02:32 AM
MoeLester518 posted...
For captain keyes, the covenant probably wondered how humans found Halo since to them its a holy relic.As for miranda and Johnson in Halo 2 they know that they need a reclaimer to activate halos through the monitor. Never played wars, and glassman was part of the plan to get a human scientist to help awaken the librarian.

Johnson in 3 and Thorne are bullsh*t though. Especially Thorne.

Captain Keyes was mainly because he was the leader of the humans on Halo and was a valuable target. You are correct about Miranda, Johnson and Glassman, and the reasoning for Halo Wars was the same reason: A human was needed to activate a Forerunner installation.

Johnson in Halo 3 was most likely for captured for food. Brutes in particular have been noted to keep humans as livestock for the pack to feast on.

Spartan Thorne was probably captured as a backup in case Glassman was killed.
---
"Theres power in stories. Thats all history is: the best tales. The ones that last. Might as well be mine." Varric