Anyone know this guy?

#21EDarienPosted 2/4/2013 4:58:49 PM
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
Roy_Dogsi posted...
It's *an* FSA.

I've always been confused about this. Do you count it as the acronym, or as if the acronym is actually replacing the full words? I would think, at least in some cases, it would depend on the writer's intent.

http://www.antimoon.com/forum/2003/1966.htm

Sorry for double, but saw this late.
---
Lali-ho!
#22bd0g5Posted 2/4/2013 5:38:02 PM
Cpt_of_Industry posted...
Sounds like you're stalking me. Better be careful or the police might get involved.

don't get the cyber police involved!
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#23Asherlee10Posted 2/4/2013 6:23:12 PM
Drama.

Do you ladies need a tampon?
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#24Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 2/5/2013 9:55:17 AM
Roy_Dogsi posted...
Cpt, I'm not calling you anything, but this is kinda directed to you... If you feel like bragging about ANYTHING on the internet, you'd better make sure you have impeccable grammar. I noticed a HUGE problem with your very first post.

It's *an* FSA.

I'm talking about a Flexible Spending Account I'm not sure what you think I'm talking about. It is definitely not 'an'.
---
The Jersey Guy
#25Roy_DogsiPosted 2/5/2013 5:09:19 PM
Roy_Dogsi posted...
It's *an* FSA.

I've always been confused about this. Do you count it as the acronym, or as if the acronym is actually replacing the full words? I would think, at least in some cases, it would depend on the writer's intent.

I've never known anyone who sees an acronym and reads it by substituting the words. That's against the entire purpose of am acronym.
Read this: ...from the NAACP

Who here can honestly say they read it as "from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People"?

Or this: Here's my ID

Much shorter, standing for only one word. Even then I don't buy it. It says ID and you read it as ID.
---

*If you argue correctly, you're never wrong.*
#26Roy_DogsiPosted 2/5/2013 5:32:19 PM
Sorry Cpt, we all thought you meant full speed ahead.
Or financial services authority
Or family support administration
Or farm security administration
Or farm service agency
Or financial services agency
Or federal student aid
Or financial services authority
Or food services agency
Or Freedman sharp and associates
Or flying saucer attack
Or four swords adventures
Or fabless semiconductor association
Or financial study association
Or Florida sheriffs association
Or Florida students association
Or food science Australia
Or free spirit alliance
Or free Syrian army
Or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
Or fast statistical alignment
Or finite state automation
Or Federation of South Arabia
or anything else google says. Thank you so much for worrying so much about us halo players and our bank accounts and completely ignoring my relatively obvious sarcasm
---

*If you argue correctly, you're never wrong.*
#27TMoney650Posted 2/5/2013 5:56:26 PM
EDarien posted...
Finaliize posted...
Cpt_of_Industry posted...
[Censored by the mods, apparently]

You suck at trolling.

Frankly, I have to agree. I'd have gone with how obsessed with their stats and K/D they all are and then, when in the face of someone whose K/D obliterates theirs, they cry about how padded his are. The hypocrisy would have been a better insult here, not the "no ilfer" business.

it's not hypocrisy...nobody on this board boosts their KD.

you're not a good troll either.
#28Harvstr0fSorrowPosted 2/5/2013 5:59:00 PM
Roy_Dogsi posted...
Roy_Dogsi posted...
It's *an* FSA.

I've never known anyone who sees an acronym and reads it by substituting the words. That's against the entire purpose of am acronym.

Who here can honestly say they read it as "from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People"?

Much shorter, standing for only one word. Even then I don't buy it. It says ID and you read it as ID.

this is an interesting discussion, lets continue it

would you say "an NASA member" or "a NASA member"
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1349732/vonmiller.gif
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1349744/von2_medium.gif
#29EDarienPosted 2/5/2013 6:14:38 PM
Harvstr0fSorrow posted...
Roy_Dogsi posted...
Roy_Dogsi posted...
It's *an* FSA.

this is an interesting discussion, lets continue it

would you say "an NASA member" or "a NASA member"

http://www.antimoon.com/forum/2003/1966.htm

^ Because you clearly missed it the first time.
---
Lali-ho!
#30lderivedxPosted 2/5/2013 6:18:11 PM
^ Because you clearly missed it the first time.

But that's wrong. You don't say "I'm an PTSD victim."

It's the first sound the word makes. If it's a vowel sound, you use "an," else "a."
---
Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
GT: i derive dx