holy **** Spartan Ops is terrible online

#1Liquid Snake2Posted 2/3/2013 11:24:47 AM
Everything is sluggish as hell, you feel like you are walking through quicksand and your shots have like a quarter of a second delay which it makes very difficult to shoot fast moving enemies like Elites and dodge fuel rods. This is only made worse by the fact that the game is set to legendary, and of course playing with randumbs usually means you end with two people trying to beat the mission because if somebody dies once, they ragequit.
---
"They must find it difficult...those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Guneagle01
#2AoENIACPosted 2/3/2013 11:28:04 AM
Yes the servers and optimization suck but there are some things you can do about it if everybody has red bars for connection. Namely making sure your NAT settings are open and that all the proper ports are available for your 360.

But goddamn do those servers suck. Hope that you host every match.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#3kyro102Posted 2/3/2013 11:30:32 AM
It's a real shame really. The MP has the potential to be amazing but the servers just completely ruin it for most people. You think that with the previous games with server issues that someone would have learned a lesson
---
Congratulations. Your statement has officially made me lose faith in humanity
#4enterthemadroxPosted 2/3/2013 11:49:33 AM
The only lag I ever experienced online with Spartan Ops was back in late December when I had some idiot sending me hatemail for having poor internet but as soon as he and his guest account quit, the connection was perfect and there was zero lag whatsoever, meaning it was his connection and not anyone else's.

Otherwise I've had zero lag at all and 98% of the randoms I've played with have been pretty good and actually help without quitting or XP farming/idling.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#5jakethenoobPosted 2/3/2013 12:29:57 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
The only lag I ever experienced online with Spartan Ops was back in late December when I had some idiot sending me hatemail for having poor internet but as soon as he and his guest account quit, the connection was perfect and there was zero lag whatsoever, meaning it was his connection and not anyone else's.

Otherwise I've had zero lag at all and 98% of the randoms I've played with have been pretty good and actually help without quitting or XP farming/idling.


There was no lag because it gave you host...
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#6SunDevil77Posted 2/3/2013 1:21:54 PM
or is the online terrible at Spartan Ops?
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#7jats605Posted 2/3/2013 1:23:04 PM
This is why I almost refuse to play online Spartan Ops unless it's with friends.
That, and there is no point when you can respawn as many times as you want in Solo.
---
Jets on runways with people in them can't be destroyed. Except sometimes they can but not most of the time. --it_r_over9000
#8enterthemadroxPosted 2/3/2013 1:23:05 PM
jakethenoob posted...
enterthemadrox posted...
The only lag I ever experienced online with Spartan Ops was back in late December when I had some idiot sending me hatemail for having poor internet but as soon as he and his guest account quit, the connection was perfect and there was zero lag whatsoever, meaning it was his connection and not anyone else's.

Otherwise I've had zero lag at all and 98% of the randoms I've played with have been pretty good and actually help without quitting or XP farming/idling.


There was no lag because it gave you host...


Could be the case after that other guy and his guest left the game because it was selecting the host with the best connection but even when I'm not host, I've suffered zero lag 98% of the time and the other 2% is barely noticable anyway.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#9Msheridan1990Posted 2/3/2013 1:49:46 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
jakethenoob posted...
enterthemadrox posted...
The only lag I ever experienced online with Spartan Ops was back in late December when I had some idiot sending me hatemail for having poor internet but as soon as he and his guest account quit, the connection was perfect and there was zero lag whatsoever, meaning it was his connection and not anyone else's.

Otherwise I've had zero lag at all and 98% of the randoms I've played with have been pretty good and actually help without quitting or XP farming/idling.


There was no lag because it gave you host...


Could be the case after that other guy and his guest left the game because it was selecting the host with the best connection but even when I'm not host, I've suffered zero lag 98% of the time and the other 2% is barely noticable anyway.


delusional LMFAO
---
offical voice of the h4 community LOL
#10biohazard1775Posted 2/3/2013 5:53:19 PM
Yeah, even now I get lag every once in a while.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Xre11.gif http://i.imgur.com/a5mMY.gif