*Spoilers* Do you think Master Chief will undergo Spartan IV conversion?

#81forthnbackPosted 2/5/2013 11:50:35 PM
They weren't converted to Spartan IVs biological, that would be a step back for them

I can understand if you haven't read the entire lengthy topic, but that point is incorrect. The augmentation procedures vary in terms of application, but each successive generation's procedure is medically built upon the prior. Each successive generation recieves better augmentations, not worse.

There are exceptions to this for exceptional IIIs (Nobel Team), whose reduced physical abilities were offset by the Mjolnir armor.

Again, incorrect. According to Kurt, an S-II, and Mendez, at any rate. In-universe lore states that while most of the III's are, indeed, less genetically vibrant, some of them meet the S-II genetic standards. These are extracted and given MJOLNIR, like Noble, Rosenda, and presumably Gauntlet and Echo.

Point in fact, according to Kurt (the S-II who was responsible for training all the III's), the S-III had a more rigorous and superior training regimen than he and his fellow S-II did.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat . . . . . . . . . [[GT: Burns Like Dawn]]
#82forthnbackPosted 2/5/2013 11:52:27 PM
Poppadop posted...
There's no way an equal quality GEN2 could be feasible in batches of 300+.

Definately agree with this.....I can't imagine they would be able to afford all that, with the rebuilding effort. Although, with the newly acquired and replicating Huragok the UNSC has, who knows.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat . . . . . . . . . [[GT: Burns Like Dawn]]
#83SpikeTbearPosted 2/6/2013 2:08:54 AM
xiTz_RyaNx posted...
There really needs to be some Master Chief fighting side by side the S4's in Sops.

I've been noticing that Spartan Ops is leading up to Halsey meeting back up with Master Chief. He could even be playable in Episode 10.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#84CorndogburglarPosted 2/6/2013 7:13:53 AM
Spartan 2's are already far superior to Spartan 4's in pretty much every way. I don't know what else they could do to make him any better.
---
Everyone said it was a miracle when Jesus hit that grand slam in the bottom of the 9th. I just thought it was a lucky shot.
#85EDarienPosted 2/6/2013 7:33:15 AM
SpikeTbear posted...
xiTz_RyaNx posted...
There really needs to be some Master Chief fighting side by side the S4's in Sops.

I've been noticing that Spartan Ops is leading up to Halsey meeting back up with Master Chief. He could even be playable in Episode 10.

I'd rather fight alongside him for once. Being MC is cool and all, but I'd like to see a really bad-ass AI chief just mowing enemies down while we, Crimson, try and keep up with him. Just think that'd be neat.
---
Lali-ho!
#86PoppadopPosted 2/6/2013 10:04:12 AM
forthnback posted...
Definately agree with this.....I can't imagine they would be able to afford all that, with the rebuilding effort. Although, with the newly acquired and replicating Huragok the UNSC has, who knows.

Point. The outsourcing of manufacturing to various companies would also lower the armor's costs, but then there's tech like smart AIs. Their use is tightly regulated by ONI and the memory processor superconductor layer that stores them drives the armor cost up further, so the GEN2 shouldn't be able to support that.
---
"Today, science fiction - tomorrow, science fact." ~ Isaac Asimov
"What's the point of living if you don't believe in anything?" ~ Me
#87xiTz_RyaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:07:07 PM
EDarien posted...
SpikeTbear posted...
xiTz_RyaNx posted...

I'd rather fight alongside him for once. Being MC is cool and all, but I'd like to see a really bad-ass AI chief just mowing enemies down while we, Crimson, try and keep up with him. Just think that'd be neat.

I'll second this!
---
Saying I'm one of the best is just rude. All the people who don't agree look stupid then, and I don't want to make everyone feel stupid. (GT)- GotMyProSocksOn
#88RockeignPosted 2/6/2013 3:37:10 PM
EDarien posted...
SpikeTbear posted...
xiTz_RyaNx posted...

I agree, one of the reasons I enjoyed Metal Gear Solid 2.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/2l9qm9t.jpg
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee483/Rockaizen/RangerBunny_zpsf37026a1.gif
#89AoENIACPosted 2/6/2013 4:33:18 PM
forthnback posted...
They weren't converted to Spartan IVs biological, that would be a step back for them

I can understand if you haven't read the entire lengthy topic, but that point is incorrect. The augmentation procedures vary in terms of application, but each successive generation's procedure is medically built upon the prior. Each successive generation recieves better augmentations, not worse.

Actually this is incorrect as the SIIIs and presumably also the SIVs do not receive the thyroid implant that SIIs do, which promotes growth of their bones and tissues and is the reason the SIIs have reduced sexual drives and probably the reason why they appear to be a few inches taller on average compared to their peers in other Spartan generations. I mean, the SIVs are already fully grown so the alterations to their bodies are only the chemical and possibly genetic ones, and they obviously still have their sex drives intact, unfortunately for everybody who knows Spartan DeMarco.

Also, many of the SIIIs were given rage drugs that were obviously not given to any of the SIIs and SIVs as it was limited to Kurt's plans.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#90AoENIACPosted 2/6/2013 4:37:08 PM
forthnback posted...
Phoenixmon2 posted...
Uh, guys...I realize the numbers we're talking about when we compare 300% faster reflexes to 1400% are very very small, but the fact is there is still a difference.

If a Spartan-II and a Spartan-III were in a life or death situation that required a reaction 500% faster than a human is normally capable of, the Spartan-III would die every time. The Spartan-II wouldn't break a sweat.

It's a simple point, even if it's a nearly insignificant one. But the Spartan-IIs are still likely substantially better than the IIIs or IVs could ever be.

You are assuming that the 300% is baseline. The 300% is what their faulty math predicted, but the end result ended up being 1400%. This was due to the synergistic nature of the augments and the S-II's genes. The S-III's have genes that are only "near perfect", and would recieve a similar (if lessoned) synergy.

No, they're not assuming that, because those are the numbers. You're assuming that their math was faulty, it never says that. It just says that they did not expect the growth to be so dramatic. 300% is the baseline, and over time it grows to 1400% as their bodies adjust to the augmentations. That's what the genetic profiling was for, besides survival of the harsh procedures.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.