*Spoilers* Do you think Master Chief will undergo Spartan IV conversion?

#91AoENIACPosted 2/6/2013 4:39:35 PM
Weav151 posted...
Surviving Spartan IIIs and possibly IIs were offered incorporation into the Spartan IV program. They weren't converted to Spartan IVs biological, that would be a step back for them, they are just incorporated into the SPARTAN branch of the military, though, with the Gen II Mjolnir they are still physically superior to the IVs. However, I doubt we'll see many if any Spartan IIs in the SPARTAN branch for a few reasons; 1) they are indoctrinated obedient to the Navy, specifically ONI, which probably decided they wanted to keep the few remaining IIs for their own special ops. (Naomi) and the IIs just said "Sir, yes, sir" when given their new orders, 2) they generally only work well with other Spartan IIs because, even IIIs, just can't keep up. There are exceptions to this for exceptional IIIs (Nobel Team), whose reduced physical abilities were offset by the Mjolnir armor.

Biologically Spartan IVs are closer to ODSTs than they are to Spartan IIs and IIIs; their training is more intense than ODST's, maybe close to the III's but no where near what the IIs got; however, their augmentations are pretty much just the bone grafts to allow them to wear the Gen II Mjolnir. They don't have the increased muscle density of the IIs and IIIs or the growth hormones and neural improvements of the IIs. I believe the technological improvements to the Gen II Mjolnir are enough to make a Spartan IV at least as physically capable as a III in Gen I Mjolnir, if not more so, but without armor a IV is a joke to a III, just like a III is a joke to a II.

I think MC will stay with the Navy on Infinity if for no other reason than to stay in Laskey's chain of command. He's less indoctrinated than he used to be (disobeying a direct order from Del Rio), so I don't see him letting his superiors dictate his career path moving forward.

And where the hell are you getting this information because most of it sounds downright wrong and contradictory to the information we have been given so far.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#92Blue_ChevalierPosted 2/6/2013 4:41:42 PM
No.
---
GT: Blue Pellasiwe.
Look me up and laugh at my terrible misfortune.
#93H3YGUYS34Posted 2/6/2013 6:26:38 PM
AoENIAC posted...
forthnback posted...
They weren't converted to Spartan IVs biological, that would be a step back for them

I can understand if you haven't read the entire lengthy topic, but that point is incorrect. The augmentation procedures vary in terms of application, but each successive generation's procedure is medically built upon the prior. Each successive generation recieves better augmentations, not worse.

Actually this is incorrect as the SIIIs and presumably also the SIVs do not receive the thyroid implant that SIIs do, which promotes growth of their bones and tissues and is the reason the SIIs have reduced sexual drives and probably the reason why they appear to be a few inches taller on average compared to their peers in other Spartan generations. I mean, the SIVs are already fully grown so the alterations to their bodies are only the chemical and possibly genetic ones, and they obviously still have their sex drives intact, unfortunately for everybody who knows Spartan DeMarco.

Also, many of the SIIIs were given rage drugs that were obviously not given to any of the SIIs and SIVs as it was limited to Kurt's plans.

How do they have reduced sex drive by the thyroid implant did it cause a genetic disorder?
---
If tomorrow is yesterday and today is tomorrow then tomorrow is today. Gt: G4MECRUSHER101(all caps).
#94H3YGUYS34Posted 2/6/2013 6:28:50 PM
AoENIAC posted...
forthnback posted...
They weren't converted to Spartan IVs biological, that would be a step back for them

I can understand if you haven't read the entire lengthy topic, but that point is incorrect. The augmentation procedures vary in terms of application, but each successive generation's procedure is medically built upon the prior. Each successive generation recieves better augmentations, not worse.

Actually this is incorrect as the SIIIs and presumably also the SIVs do not receive the thyroid implant that SIIs do, which promotes growth of their bones and tissues and is the reason the SIIs have reduced sexual drives and probably the reason why they appear to be a few inches taller on average compared to their peers in other Spartan generations. I mean, the SIVs are already fully grown so the alterations to their bodies are only the chemical and possibly genetic ones, and they obviously still have their sex drives intact, unfortunately for everybody who knows Spartan DeMarco.

Also, many of the SIIIs were given rage drugs that were obviously not given to any of the SIIs and SIVs as it was limited to Kurt's plans.

Also why did Kurt change change to SPI armor when he could use Mjolnir armor instead which is much more powerful and advanced. Also what did the Rage drugs do and what were they used for.
---
If tomorrow is yesterday and today is tomorrow then tomorrow is today. Gt: G4MECRUSHER101(all caps).
#95zen_miseryPosted 2/6/2013 9:38:55 PM

Also why did Kurt change change to SPI armor when he could use Mjolnir armor instead which is much more powerful and advanced. Also what did the Rage drugs do and what were they used for.

It was an issue of cost. SPI armor, in its second iteration at least, was vastly cheaper to produce. The S3's were the disposable heroes.

The S3's were given better augmentations overall, proof is in their post augmentation survival rate, and a much more rigorous training regime. All of this because they would not have the MJOLNIR armor. The drugs, only given to Gamma squad, were to help induce a "rage"; it would keep their focus and operation under extreme circumstances. An example being an S3( forget the name) taking massive needler damage to the torso while still fighting.

Are there genetic differences? Yes, but we have examples were the differences are negligible. Given MJOLNIR armor, Noble Team, operates at identical proficiency. We also have great feats conducted in the SPI armor that rival S2's, read Headhunters.

MJOLNIR MK7 armor is said to have many improvements upon the MK6, most notably it is able to repair and upgrade itself through nano-machines. We have the MJOLNIR described as an entire "coffin" that has to be built around the user, being impervious to small arms fire, being able to take heavy ballistics damage and survive some plasma damge and that is just the MK4. Not to mention all the buffs to speed, strength, dexterity, reaction, etc. The cost of the armor was massive, something to the effect of being able to construct and entire battle group of ships for the price to outfit the S2's.

The Gen2 is most likely inferior to the MK7 as it is mass produced has obvious tradeoffs (separation of armor pieces) and so far has not been shown to be able to support a smart AI.

The operation efficiency does show great discrepancies between generation though. The first S2 casualty was Samuel, 14 years into his service. Given identical hardware the S3's enjoyed the same level of efficiency( I won't cite service years as they were created for suicide missions). While information is vague between The Thursday War and Halo 4, we do witness many S4 fatalities in Halo 4; putting them, as Spartans, around the 5 year mark at best before seeing initial casualties.

TL;DR. The majority of difference between Spartan II's and Spartan III's stem from hardware availability; while the Spartan IIII's suffer from the lack of experience and level of enhancements that the previous Spartans attained due to the fact of being child conscripts.
---
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu68/wizco02/3e5d92f6.jpg
#96forthnbackPosted 2/6/2013 9:45:21 PM
I assume, but it is never clarified, if the reduced sex drive is present in further augmentations. Kurt chose to use SPI over MJOLNIR because he wished to stand with the S-III's, and despite its superior benefits, did not want to show he was something else besides one of them.

No, they're not assuming that, because those are the numbers. You're assuming that their math was faulty

Incorrect. And, no offense, a pretty stupid thing to say. Don't put your preference into baseline fact. They calculated that the results would be 300%. The end results were 1400%. Explain for everyone, how that is anything other than bad math and/or a poor understanding of what they were doing and how it would affect subjects.

There is no other conclusion to come to, whatsoever, when they expect 300% and get 1400%. The projected results cannot differ from the actual results, otherwise there is a problem with the scientists understanding.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat . . . . . . . . . [[GT: Burns Like Dawn]]
#97forthnbackPosted 2/6/2013 9:47:43 PM
zen_misery posted...

It was an issue of cost. SPI armor, in its second iteration at least, was vastly cheaper to produce. The S3's were the disposable heroes.

The S3's were given better augmentations overall, proof is in their post augmentation survival rate, and a much more rigorous training regime. All of this because they would not have the MJOLNIR armor. The drugs, only given to Gamma squad, were to help induce a "rage"; it would keep their focus and operation under extreme circumstances. An example being an S3( forget the name) taking massive needler damage to the torso while still fighting.

Are there genetic differences? Yes, but we have examples were the differences are negligible. Given MJOLNIR armor, Noble Team, operates at identical proficiency. We also have great feats conducted in the SPI armor that rival S2's, read Headhunters.

MJOLNIR MK7 armor is said to have many improvements upon the MK6, most notably it is able to repair and upgrade itself through nano-machines. We have the MJOLNIR described as an entire "coffin" that has to be built around the user, being impervious to small arms fire, being able to take heavy ballistics damage and survive some plasma damge and that is just the MK4. Not to mention all the buffs to speed, strength, dexterity, reaction, etc. The cost of the armor was massive, something to the effect of being able to construct and entire battle group of ships for the price to outfit the S2's.

The Gen2 is most likely inferior to the MK7 as it is mass produced has obvious tradeoffs (separation of armor pieces) and so far has not been shown to be able to support a smart AI.

The operation efficiency does show great discrepancies between generation though. The first S2 casualty was Samuel, 14 years into his service. Given identical hardware the S3's enjoyed the same level of efficiency( I won't cite service years as they were created for suicide missions). While information is vague between The Thursday War and Halo 4, we do witness many S4 fatalities in Halo 4; putting them, as Spartans, around the 5 year mark at best before seeing initial casualties.

TL;DR. The majority of difference between Spartan II's and Spartan III's stem from hardware availability; while the Spartan IIII's suffer from the lack of experience and level of enhancements that the previous Spartans attained due to the fact of being child conscripts.

Also, everything this guy said.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat . . . . . . . . . [[GT: Burns Like Dawn]]