Why do the devolopers hate shotguns?

#11uniballer92Posted 2/4/2013 2:19:25 AM
SlaveZero40 posted...
Game is pretty old but Rainbow six Vegas 2 got shotguns right. They actually have distance.

That and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
---
I'm Not Even Remotely Dorky (send me a message if you get this and you will get props for it). Props given:17
Gamertag: Spudball
#12uniballer92Posted 2/4/2013 2:23:23 AM
thedeerzord posted...
Because having a shotgun with 12 bullets is extremely over powered? Don't believe me? Go play Call of Duty.

Its not as bad as those Shotguns (especially the MW3 ones, oh god they're a nightmare to use). The worst shotguns I've ever seen are the Rainbow Six 3 shotguns, point blank shot and they still miss (really, they had 0% accuracy, they wouldn't hit a damn thing).

Why is it that everyone says "Go play Call of Duty," I like both series.
---
I'm Not Even Remotely Dorky (send me a message if you get this and you will get props for it). Props given:17
#13WrathofAchillesPosted 2/4/2013 2:26:16 AM
uniballer92 posted...
SlaveZero40 posted...
Game is pretty old but Rainbow six Vegas 2 got shotguns right. They actually have distance.

OMFG THIS^

That game in my opinion is one of...if not the most balanced multiplayer game out there. Every ability, equipment, weapon, class etc had a good counter. You could dominate as a scout, soldier or engineer...didn't matter. They also geared it more toward playing the objective than simple slayer. Not to mention it's one of the few games to get machine guns RIGHT...

It just sucks they never fixed the server issues...

...damnit now I miss playing that game.
---
Sum unum Halorum deorum, tangam te irrumatione.
#14uniballer92Posted 2/4/2013 2:28:29 AM
WrathofAchilles posted...
uniballer92 posted...
SlaveZero40 posted...

OMFG THIS^

That game in my opinion is one of...if not the most balanced multiplayer game out there. Every ability, equipment, weapon, class etc had a good counter. You could dominate as a scout, soldier or engineer...didn't matter. They also geared it more toward playing the objective than simple slayer. Not to mention it's one of the few games to get machine guns RIGHT...

It just sucks they never fixed the server issues...

...damnit now I miss playing that game.

Me too, its the damn Server/Lag that kills the online for me. I love that game still though.
---
#15SlaveZero40Posted 2/4/2013 5:13:58 AM
Reach shotgun is piss poor weak. Gotta be up on an opponent to osk. Halo:CE got it right. It's not bad in Halo 4.
---
Pray the day for another Jet Set Radio game, "Boondocks" season 4, and people to learn about good rappers EX: MFDOOM, Elzhi, Gangstarr, Substantial.
#16Asherlee10Posted 2/4/2013 7:41:35 AM
Who needs a shotty when you have the boltshot in your loadout...

*gags*
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#17GollyFluffPosted 2/4/2013 8:11:46 AM
the h4 shotgun is awesome in comparison to reach's. you can usually follow up with a punch to get a kill thanks to melee bleedthrough.

i personally don't understand the boltshot. whenever i use it from far away, it doesn't ohko, but people kill me with it from so far away all the time. i basically never advance if i see a red dot around a corner, even if the other player is terrrible.
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#18elitewarrior500Posted 2/4/2013 8:15:14 AM(edited)
halo 1 shotty had insane range. much more range than even the annoying boltshot does
---
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf
GT: Ceph Falco
#19DvoloS88Posted 2/4/2013 9:05:39 AM
I hear ya man, as much as i loved every halo ive straight up hated bungie after halo 1 for trashing the shotgun and completely taking out the ar only to bring it back in 3 as a PoS. I miss my 60 round bullet hose and there were simple ways to balance these two weapons (something bungie always sucked at) there will always be hate in my heart forbungie since they took a perfect multiplayer formula and turned it into a headshot fest with the introduction of the battle rifle.
#20elitewarrior500Posted 2/4/2013 10:19:39 AM
DvoloS88 posted...
WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.

---
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf
GT: Ceph Falco