They need to so something about the Modders

#11JFKandLBJPosted 2/4/2013 12:53:42 PM
ODomm posted...
You expecting of 343i to do about modders is like expecting the U.S. Government to do something about Bigfoot

At least we have video of modders. I don't think the government is liable to do anything when all you have to go on is some beef jerky commercials.
#12WrathofAchillesPosted 2/4/2013 5:57:04 PM
Agreed with a lot of other people here...heard stories but have never run into a a person I knew 100% was modding. Couple times I was suspicious but never had solid proof...might have just been them being that good. But nothing like hacked weapons or the like.

Pretty glad I haven't either...let's hope it stays that way.
---
Sum unum Halorum deorum, tangam te irrumatione.
#13wareuphPosted 2/4/2013 6:01:18 PM
ODomm posted...
You expecting of 343i to do about modders is like expecting the U.S. Government to do something about Bigfoot

LMFAO
---
Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve.
GT: Metal Lloyd
#14EDarienPosted 2/4/2013 6:43:09 PM
SpiduxxudipS posted...
Yeah, me neither. Never ran into any. Saw the videos of the Carbine shooting Gauss rounds and heard of Binary rounds from a Carbine, too. Of course, there's the headless SWAT player(s). But I've never run into any of them personally, just heard stories here and seen YouTube links, also in these threads.

Are you really running into that many? And if so, which types? What are they modding in the games you play that you're positive they're doing that?

I never ran into the SWAT glitched guys, but I ran into a Carbine-Gauss user once with a couple of guys from here. It was pretty messed up because we didn't realize he was one shot killing us right away. The post game screen said his favored weapon was the Gauss canon, even though he sat on the downed pelican the whole game with the carbine. His carbine/guass was buffed even farther, too, because he was one and two shotting vehicle's the whole game.

And even past all of that we were still killing him o.o; If you're going to mod, especially that obviously, you'd think you'd mod in constant 4x overshields, too.

haha, that's funny that you were still killing him, though. But the Gauss cannon does 1-2 shot most vehicles. Especially the lighter vehicles on Ragnarok. Regardless, pretty cool you guys ran into one, though. I wouldn't mind playing a few games like that, just for funsies. But I'd get bored after a few like that. *shrug* Shame not all are like that.
---
Lali-ho!
#15EvilDarksidePosted 2/4/2013 9:55:30 PM
I once I ran into a headless guy in SWAT, but he was in my team.

Never realized he was actually a modder.
#16BillyBob_21Posted 2/4/2013 9:59:44 PM
You obviously weren't around for the Halo 2 days LOL
---
GT: reallypoopyface
#17SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/4/2013 10:58:32 PM
SpiduxxudipS posted...
Yeah, me neither. Never ran into any. Saw the videos of the Carbine shooting Gauss rounds and heard of Binary rounds from a Carbine, too. Of course, there's the headless SWAT player(s). But I've never run into any of them personally, just heard stories here and seen YouTube links, also in these threads.

Are you really running into that many? And if so, which types? What are they modding in the games you play that you're positive they're doing that?

I never ran into the SWAT glitched guys, but I ran into a Carbine-Gauss user once with a couple of guys from here. It was pretty messed up because we didn't realize he was one shot killing us right away. The post game screen said his favored weapon was the Gauss canon, even though he sat on the downed pelican the whole game with the carbine. His carbine/guass was buffed even farther, too, because he was one and two shotting vehicle's the whole game.

And even past all of that we were still killing him o.o; If you're going to mod, especially that obviously, you'd think you'd mod in constant 4x overshields, too.

haha, that's funny that you were still killing him, though. But the Gauss cannon does 1-2 shot most vehicles. Especially the lighter vehicles on Ragnarok. Regardless, pretty cool you guys ran into one, though. I wouldn't mind playing a few games like that, just for funsies. But I'd get bored after a few like that. *shrug* Shame not all are like that.

IIRC he took out a Mantis in 1 or 2 shots.
---
Growin up, low enough, musta sucked - Call me what? call me a Kluster***,
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#18EDarienPosted 2/6/2013 6:18:59 AM
SpiduxxudipS posted...
SpiduxxudipS posted...

IIRC he took out a Mantis in 1 or 2 shots.

I honestly don't know, how many shots from a Gauss does it usually take to kill a Mantis? I'd thought it was 2 shots, but never tested it. That'd determine if he truly made himself do more damage, too, instead of just having the regular Gauss shot from his Carbine or not. Though, I suppose it doesn't much matter, though, when using a Gauss as a loadout weapon, does it? A mantis would still be an easy kill and every non-vehicle would be a OSK.
---
Lali-ho!
#19I have no namePosted 2/6/2013 8:58:42 AM
I'm so glad every single modder in existence only uses blatantly obvious mods like making your character headless or shooting gauss rounds.

If that weren't true I'd feel bad about all those times I called people stupid noob scrub casual bad kids because they thought an opponent was using a more subtle mod that only slightly improved their damage, auto-aim, shield or other stats. The existence of mods that aren't punch-in-the-**** obvious would mean I wasn't justified in the countless times I screamed insults at anyone who dared suggest that the players who constantly talk **** about how awesome they are at this game might be cheating. So again I'm very glad that only glaringly obvious mods exist.
---
Why does he have a gun? Why is she fainting? What the hell is a ghost table?:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Weird_Tales_February_1928.jpg