spartan ops climaxed

#1neo_strike3Posted 2/4/2013 1:51:13 PM
spartan ops 1 was awesome cause first time playing it then 2-5 was boring cause all they did was recycle the maps

then they came out with spartan ops 6 which whole new areas not just from campaign or multiplayer that were awesome to play then released episode 7 which continued to bring new areas and more entertainment and actually made me consider paying for a 2nd season

then episode 8 hits and its all back to recycling maps from episode 6&7 and just killed my hope for spartan ops being good again.

watching episodes are awesome but i wouldnt pay for something like that if they made a season 2 since you can just watch those on youtube for free if you wanted
#2enterthemadroxPosted 2/4/2013 2:43:44 PM
So....you're ignoring a great story and fun missions just because they use one or two of the same maps as previous episodes?

Do you hate movie sequels for having the same actors in them?
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#3avalanchegeniexPosted 2/4/2013 3:01:31 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
So....you're ignoring a great story and fun missions just because they use one or two of the same maps as previous episodes?

He didn't say anything about "same characters".

Re-using the same environments is lazy, and leads to bad storytelling. They aren't re-using environments to fit the story, they are fitting the story into re-used environments.
#4SahdukPosted 2/4/2013 3:32:01 PM
enterthemadrox posted...

No, he's ignoring a boring story because it's tedious.
---
"Calm down nerd, we're not trying to science this up"
#5Blue_ChevalierPosted 2/4/2013 3:40:10 PM
avalanchegeniex posted...
enterthemadrox posted...

He didn't say anything about "same characters".

Re-using the same environments is lazy, and leads to bad storytelling. They aren't re-using environments to fit the story, they are fitting the story into re-used environments.

Excellent.

In any case, the story is boring. A fully tweakable Firefight mode was better than any of this infinite respawn cakewalk..
---
They are similar, yes. But like your girlfriend and your sister, someone is gonna be pissed if you mix them up.
#6MephystoPosted 2/4/2013 3:42:11 PM
enterthemadrox posted...

No, he's complaining about the sequels using the same set pieces. Just imagine if Episodes IV-VI of Star Wars all used the same set pieces and then Episodes I-III did the same with theirs....
#7HighVoltage87Posted 2/4/2013 4:46:50 PM(edited)
Its not the re-using of maps that is bad. Its that every mission has the SAME DESIGN.

Kill enemies>push a button/move to an area>kill enemies>push a button/move to an area>kill enemies>etc.

Occasionally there we be another swarm of enemies before you have to push that button, or maybe a second button press before the new wave of enemies spawn, but that is pretty much every Spartan Ops mission.
---
Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid.
#8ODommPosted 2/4/2013 4:47:28 PM
me: yaa yaaaaa

spartan oops: Oooh YAAAAA

*spartan ops climaxed*
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~