Why are all the Halo pros streaming Black Ops 2 now?

#11SlaveZero40Posted 2/5/2013 5:55:42 AM
Mainly because of MLG and the fact that CoD tournaments pay out so much money. The ranking system came out too late. Most was waiting for something like CSR to happen.
---
Pray the day for another Jet Set Radio game, "Boondocks" season 4, and people to learn about good rappers EX: MFDOOM, Elzhi, Gangstarr, Substantial.
#12EDarienPosted 2/5/2013 6:40:40 AM
DougEInstructor posted...
Just checked twitch tv and now all my fav Halo pros are streaming Black Ops 2 now! What happened? Why did they all of a sudden give up on Halo?!

Bottom line answer is that MS made a contract w/ Virgin which negated their ability to be in MLG. The pros can't make any money with Halo if Halo isn't on the card, right? So Black Ops 2 is the new "MLG shooter" and they went where the money is since they're professionals who get paid to play.
---
Lali-ho!
#13elitewarrior500Posted 2/5/2013 8:10:21 AM
too bad cod is the least competitive shooter out there at the moment
---
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf
GT: Ceph Falco
#14ST_ZeroPosted 2/5/2013 8:27:50 AM
Because halo 4 sucks, lol reach had a longer career than halo 4 lol i called it too before H4 came out.
---
One of the best at halo that graced gamefaqs. I give halo lessons for MS points, msg me.
#15_ANG3LIC_Posted 2/5/2013 8:51:03 AM
Many pros love competing and winning money. They want to continue to attend MLGs and COD is the only way to do that in the console FPS realm. It'll be interesting to see how many continue to attend AGLs
---
GT: ROB THE TURTLE
Most loved poster at the HRGB
#16DougEInstructor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:25:50 AM
EDarien posted...
Just checked twitch tv and now all my fav Halo pros are streaming Black Ops 2 now! What happened? Why did they all of a sudden give up on Halo?!

Bottom line answer is that MS made a contract w/ Virgin which negated their ability to be in MLG. The pros can't make any money with Halo if Halo isn't on the card, right? So Black Ops 2 is the new "MLG shooter" and they went where the money is since they're professionals who get paid to play.

I heard some COD pros were making fun of these Halo players all of a sudden becoming COD players. And to be honest . . . they are kinda bad.
#17yoshiisbackPosted 2/5/2013 9:31:29 AM
EDarien posted...

I heard some COD pros were making fun of these Halo players all of a sudden becoming COD players. And to be honest . . . they are kinda bad.

A halo pro could go pro in cod. A cod pro has no chance being pro in halo. What does that tell you?
---
XBL GT: Yoshi eats
#18SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/5/2013 9:34:52 AM
That COD sucks.

Hard.

I don't see where the competitive side of things are. I've played a little MW3 but mostly I just watched a buddy of mine play for the last few years (MW2, BLOPS, MW3) and it just seems like a cluster**** the entire time.
---
Growin up, low enough, musta sucked - Call me what? call me a Kluster***,
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#19DougEInstructor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:35:39 AM
ODomm posted...
TMoney650 posted...
ODomm posted...
Because they aren't skilled enough people to get actual jobs, so they go to whatever pays more in their field.

Same with every paid athlete... Damnit Albert... :(

I was pretty surprised that he left...not often that the star player leaves right after you win the championship.

Fortunately my team's got cain and posey locked up so no worries :D

Fortunately, your team had an incredible amount of luck in the post season. And Posey did awful haha, not saying he's a bad player, he just didn't show up

We're still good without Pujols. If we had him though, WS clinched

LOL WS clinched? Puljos had the worst season ever. And didn't the cards get shutout like 3 games straight yea that was totally luck.
#20ODommPosted 2/5/2013 9:36:38 AM
SpiduxxudipS posted...
That COD sucks.

Hard.

I don't see where the competitive side of things are. I've played a little MW3 but mostly I just watched a buddy of mine play for the last few years (MW2, BLOPS, MW3) and it just seems like a cluster**** the entire time.

Oh, it is. MW2 was the last good Call of Duty game. The series has gone down a road that it can't come back from.
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~