Late to the party, but Jesus, the campaign is awful

#1super_furryPosted 2/5/2013 5:54:08 AM
Finished the single player game on heroic. Very disappointed with the whole experience, there's nothing that's changed in it as a game since Halo 1. They even managed to reset the whole ending of Halo 3 and bring the Covenant back in as enemies. I mean it's just lazy to return to shooting the same Grunts, Brutes and Jackals and still trying to convince people that you're trying to move the franchise forward.

There was no personality to the enemies they did bring in, they felt like characterless robots and even the Cortana stuff felt like they just went back to the Flood controlled Cortana plotline from Halo 3. Worst of all though was the terrible story telling and the fact that they decided to hide anything interesting they had to tell away in Halo Waypoint. I only checked that stuff out after finishing the game as I thought it might spoil stuff, only to find that they gutted the game's main story and squirreled it away in a daft app for God knows what reason.

Maybe if I had known who the Didact or the Librarian were during the game, I might have cared about their actions and motivations, as it was they were two strange looking aliens from a dead race doing things that made little sense.
---
Not a furrry! My name is a tribute to the the band The Super Furry Animals and not because I want to do unspeakable things to Minnie Mouse.
#2Sector_NinePosted 2/5/2013 5:54:24 AM
OKAY
---
The most publicly adored poster on the GameFAQs Halo 4 board <3
XBL: yPPoLs
#3Cereal4youPosted 2/5/2013 6:21:45 AM
Sector_Nine posted...
OKAY
#4RickGottiPosted 2/5/2013 6:38:22 AM
How dare you even compare this game to Halo CE. H4 can't even sniff the originals jockstrap. Horrible, horrible, bland, lame campaign. How can it be even MORE restricting than a game that came out 12 years ago?
---
GamerTag: xMinorThreat
#5tubb311Posted 2/5/2013 6:55:06 AM
I missed the part with brutes. dammit!
#6SunDevil77Posted 2/5/2013 6:58:18 AM
Sounds like someone didn't understand the plot, so they just write it off as "bad"
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#7SociopathixPosted 2/5/2013 8:02:38 AM
Itt: Tc didn't understand plot=bad game
---
"Halo 4 board, where everyone hates everyone and **** you" -Spiduxlimitless
GT: Sociopathix
#8Killean_NuggetsPosted 2/5/2013 8:04:59 AM
Liths dog is late.

Filthy lith rat babies
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#9RockeignPosted 2/5/2013 8:29:06 AM(edited)
I loved Halo 3, ODST (after about a half hour), Reach's and even War's campaigns. Halo 4's on the other hand just feels like it's.. missing something. Like an edible dish without much seasoning and thus without much taste. Not bad, but not as good as I'd expect for it to be from it's pedigree.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/2l9qm9t.jpg
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee483/Rockaizen/RangerBunny_zpsf37026a1.gif
#10Sector_NinePosted 2/5/2013 8:30:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]