Late to the party, but Jesus, the campaign is awful

#11thedeerzordPosted 2/5/2013 9:05:09 AM
I think this campaign was one of the best. But it took me a while to get really interested in it. Around the 3rd mission with the Didact and Prometheans.
---
I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#12gsforlifePosted 2/5/2013 9:50:06 AM
Sociopathix posted...
Itt: Tc didn't understand plot=bad game

---
PSN: cyanide4suicide XBL: aNinjaGuardian
FC: 2535-3713-5620 ***Filipino Pride***
#13Mr_arizonaPosted 2/5/2013 10:21:12 AM
As far as fighting Grunts, Jackals, and ELITES again yeah I knew we'd fight them again cause yes it is easy to reswap the old AI. You don't think there are rogue factions in the Covenant world as well? Remember Halo2 and the Heretics? Or the Elite Civil war? Even the Spartans (Master Chief included) were created to destroy human rebellions so rogue factions are apart of all cultures. But yeah easy to reuse old AI.

Halo 4's story wasn't bad but I'll agree on it lacking something. Felt like they wanted to build on something but never got to that point. We still got 5 and 6 coming so it'll add in those moments.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
#14SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/5/2013 10:31:26 AM
My qualms with the H4 campaign is the fact that it practically requires you to read the books. I don't have a personal problem with that, I enjoy the books, but I know there are a lot of people out there that aren't going to bother with it, thus the storyline for the next three games (4, 5, 6) are going to be lost on them for the most part.

It's not smart business to base a story of a game around the story of another media outlet (unless it's a super high grossing movie that everyone and their sexy grandma have seen).
---
Growin up, low enough, musta sucked - Call me what? call me a Kluster***,
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#15Booty_CallPosted 2/5/2013 10:34:26 AM
gsforlife posted...
Sociopathix posted...
Itt: Tc didn't understand plot=bad game

---
"Oh bother," said Pooh as he chambered his last round.
Xbox LIVE Community Ambassador
#16super_furry(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:42:22 AM
My qualms with the H4 campaign is the fact that it practically requires you to read the books.

And that's the thing, I like the Halo games, but don't won't to bother with their expanded universe. I shouldn't have to read their novels to understand what's going on. Halo 4 made it impossible to gain any kind of depth from the story without going outside of the game. Unlike say, World of Warcraft which can be fully enjoyed and understood without have to resort to another medium.

It's not a self contained experience that benefits from an added mythos, it's a mess of a half-told tale that is fundamentally incomplete. It's poor story-telling on behalf of 343 and I expected better. Couple that with gameplay that stands resolutely still and you're left with a game that only manages to better Halo 2 in the series.
---
Not a furrry! My name is a tribute to the the band The Super Furry Animals and not because I want to do unspeakable things to Minnie Mouse.
#17thedeerzordPosted 2/5/2013 10:53:22 AM
super_furry posted...

Halo 4 made it impossible to gain any kind of depth from the story without going outside of the game. Unlike say, World of Warcraft which can be fully enjoyed and understood without have to resort to another medium.

If you want to know more about the story. Go find the Halo 4 terminals. They'll shed some light about the The Didact and the Librarian.
---
I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#18SunDevil77Posted 2/5/2013 11:09:15 AM
thedeerzord posted...
super_furry posted...

Halo 4 made it impossible to gain any kind of depth from the story without going outside of the game. Unlike say, World of Warcraft which can be fully enjoyed and understood without have to resort to another medium.

If you want to know more about the story. Go find the Halo 4 terminals. They'll shed some light about the The Didact and the Librarian.

Nono, that's too hard for him, he'd rather write something off.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#19SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/5/2013 11:10:46 AM
^

It IS pretty stupid that you can't view the terminals in the game and have to use Waypoint for it.
---
Growin up, low enough, musta sucked - Call me what? call me a Kluster***,
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#20super_furry(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:35:53 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
thedeerzord posted...
super_furry posted...

Nono, that's too hard for him, he'd rather write something off.

Or rather I addressed it in the initial post when I wrote; "Worst of all though was the terrible story telling and the fact that they decided to hide anything interesting they had to tell away in Halo Waypoint. I only checked that stuff out after finishing the game as I thought it might spoil stuff, only to find that they gutted the game's main story and squirreled it away in a daft app for God knows what reason."

If they had included the stuff they kept for their Waypoint application in the body of the game and used it to tell a meaningful and coherent story that would have been fine, but they didn't. You don't go to the cinema to see a film only to find that the main story is kept in some secret book, and if you want to tell a decent story with your videogame you don't hide that story away from the player.
---
Not a furrry! My name is a tribute to the the band The Super Furry Animals and not because I want to do unspeakable things to Minnie Mouse.