To those of you who want a visible 1-50 CSR

#11COG_KillaPosted 2/6/2013 6:56:52 AM
lderivedx posted...
I don't think Arena was an ELO system.

"The Elo rating system is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in two-player games such as chess."

Is that what you're talking about?
---
I think with my dipstick, because engine lubrication is important.
#12lderivedxPosted 2/6/2013 6:59:10 AM
"The Elo rating system is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in two-player games such as chess."

Is that what you're talking about?

Yeah. One thing about ELO is that the arithmetic mean of the entire population is always the same. I'm not sure that TrueSkill works that way.
---
technically [bloom] adds to the game. but only in the same way cabbage adds to a bowl of froot loops. - ILikeJumpin
GT: i derive dx
#13lderivedxPosted 2/6/2013 7:13:01 AM(edited)
Yes, TrueSkill is not an ELO system. I'm pretty sure LoL uses an ELO system and SC2 uses something strange.

You actually exist?

And what is this supposed to mean?
---
0.999... = 1. Deal with it. If you disagree, I'm happy to show you why you're wrong.
#14COG_KillaPosted 2/6/2013 7:13:09 AM
If i was still in high school going to AP calc, I bet i would be more into learning the specifics of each system.

also, I appreciate the awesomeness of your sig, derive.
---
#15lderivedxPosted 2/6/2013 7:19:27 AM(edited)
also, I appreciate the awesomeness of your sig, derive.

Which one?

Man, I left my laundry in the dryer for a day and now everything smells like fabric softener. >_<
---
#1 Deriver on H4GB
#16COG_KillaPosted 2/6/2013 7:18:43 AM
.999...=1
---
#17lderivedxPosted 2/6/2013 7:20:12 AM
.999...=1

I think I've only had one person try to tell me I'm wrong since introducing that sig.
---
I've been known to write some pretty good stuff from time to time. Just ask the mods. They probably know me like a brother by now. -MIxeD
#18supermoc10(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:26:04 AM
lderivedx posted...
Yes, TrueSkill is not an ELO system. I'm pretty sure LoL uses an ELO system and SC2 uses something strange.

You actually exist?

And what is this supposed to mean?

Dominion Diaries

I didn't know you were real.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#19AwiskoPosted 2/6/2013 8:51:26 AM
None. More than anything I want the in-game CSR viable. Having it only on waypoint doesn't matter, there will be boosters and de-rankers regardless.
#20bd0g5Posted 2/6/2013 1:40:42 PM
Sector_Nine posted...
arena in reach was the worst

---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo