Spartan Ops Episode 8 discussions (spoilers)

#11forthnbackPosted 2/9/2013 2:24:15 AM
All good guesses. As for Requiem, I imagine that Halo 5 will put us elsewhere. I know that the upcoming final Forerunner novel, and the last Kilo-5 novel, along with Spartan Ops are supposed to set the stage for Halo 5.

We'll have a better idea when they come out, but were I to hazard a guess, its going to play out with the Covenant rallying around the Didact and his Prometheans. We're already on the course, from two different angles, to meet the Librarian and her Lifeworkers. The two sides of the war, IMO. Humans/Librarian, Covenant/Didact. The wildcard is going to be the Arbiter and his faction....whats going to happen there? Now that one of their gods is literally walking the Earth, I imagine that the Arbiter's faction of "hey, lets work with the humans" is going to become the minority when the god who doesn't exist shows up and says "no, lets kill humanity".

I feel like the path of this trilogy is pretty intuitive, but for the life of me I can't factor in the Arbiter and his side.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat . . . . . . . . . [[GT: Burns Like Dawn]]
#12Demigod_Elessar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 2:35:57 AM
Do you think the Arbiter would abandon his old ally, the Chief? Especially now that word will most likely reach him that John is alive? However, we do not yet know how the final Kilo-Five novel, and Sangheili Civil War, will play out. The Arbiter may learn of ONI's butting in and all of a sudden resent humanity (despite them being allies for the events of Halo 3). And while I'm sure this has no chance of happening, there is always the possibility that the Arbiter may lose the Civil War, or step down, or something.

But I do like the idea of the Librarian/Humanity vs. Didact/Covenant. I cannot wait for Silentium... just another month... hopefully it will answer some of the questions we are wondering; like which Didact is the one in Halo 4 (and where the other one is), and the whole deal with the Guilty Spark dupe, Installation 07, and the whereabouts of the real Librarian. March 19 is taking its sweet ass time to get here.

Also, for the final Kilo-Five novel, I wonder how they are going to have it play out? Are they going to focus on the Venezia storyline, in which case we will be back in 2553? Or will that be bypassed (or possibly summarized), and the novel will take place in present day 2558-59? I like what they've done with Spartan Ops, but revealing to us that Serin Osman is alive and the head of ONI (implying Parangosky's death), it will take away some of that suspence if the novel takes place back in the year 2553, before all of what we've currently seen has even happened... So, I am eager to find out what exactly the plot of the final Kilo-Five novel will be...
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#13Cereal4youPosted 2/9/2013 2:43:45 AM
Sorry to be the combo breaker.....but Elites with scattershot, they scared the startled me when I turned the corner in the level where you save the Spartans.

Guess they can use promethian tech.
#14AoENIACPosted 2/9/2013 2:51:33 AM
The "real" Librarian died on Earth to watch the Halos fire.

But the Forerunner were so good with making AIs and transferring memories that I don't understand why you cannot just accept the AI Librarian as being real.

I mean, the "Didact" we fight in the game isn't even the "real" Didact. The "real" Didact was abandoned in a Flood infested system to die, and presumably did die (or maybe they'll just pull him out of their ass to be a villain for Halo 5). But he had the foresight to anticipate this betrayal and gave all his memories to his young protege who merged with them to become the new Didact.

Also, you should have recognized the structure Halsey jumped into after that barrier Glassman "accidentally" activated was dissipated by Halsey. It's the same device that sucked MC in right before he met the Librarian.

And one more thing, am I the only one who thought it was hilarious how Jul just stood there and yelled when Halsey made a break for the machine? He's like a thousand times faster than her, if he had stopped pointing dramatically and screaming at her he could have easily intercepted her. What a drama queen, that Jul. Gotta love him though.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#15Demigod_Elessar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 3:11:26 AM(edited)
AoENIAC posted...

That is old news by now, if you've read the Forerunner novels.

It is hinted at that the Librarian survived the firing of the Halo arrays, and is possibly hiding out on the elusive and mysterious Installation 07.

AoENIAC posted...
I mean, the "Didact" we fight in the game isn't even the "real" Didact. The "real" Didact was abandoned in a Flood infested system to die, and presumably did die (or maybe they'll just pull him out of their ass to be a villain for Halo 5).

343 has confirmed that the Ur-Didact (original Didact) survived his capture by the Master Builder, and will be a central character in the final Forerunner novel Silentium. And it has not been confirmed either way whether the Halo 4 Didact is Bornstellar or the Ur-Didact.

AoENIAC posted...
And one more thing, am I the only one who thought it was hilarious how Jul just stood there and yelled when Halsey made a break for the machine? He's like a thousand times faster than her, if he had stopped pointing dramatically and screaming at her he could have easily intercepted her. What a drama queen, that Jul. Gotta love him though.

I thought the same thing. If anything, why didn't he immediately run in after her?
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#16forthnbackPosted 2/9/2013 9:37:30 AM
AoENIAC posted...

But the Forerunner were so good with making AIs and transferring memories that I don't understand why you cannot just accept the AI Librarian as being real.

I mean, the "Didact" we fight in the game isn't even the "real" Didact. The "real" Didact was abandoned in a Flood infested system to die, and presumably did die (or maybe they'll just pull him out of their ass to be a villain for Halo 5). But he had the foresight to anticipate this betrayal and gave all his memories to his young protege who merged with them to become the new Didact.

Also, you should have recognized the structure Halsey jumped into after that barrier Glassman "accidentally" activated was dissipated by Halsey. It's the same device that sucked MC in right before he met the Librarian.

I can't accept the Librarian on Requiem as being real, because Halo 4 states that she is only an archived personality. So no, I won't. It is certainly possible the portal will take Halsey to the actual Librarian, because.....

.....Guilty Spark states that he believes the Librarian did not die on Earth during the Halo's firing, after being recovered from the ruins of the Ark by ONI, and he hijacks their ship (UNSC Rubicon) and takes the entire thing off to Installation 07 to find her "true" hiding place.

Finally, both Didacts survived. The Ur-Didact, who is the original, and the Bornsteller Didact. We have yet to learn which one stays to fire the Halo, and which one gets slapped into Requiem.....but considering Bornsteller likes humans and the original never cared for them, I think its rather obvious...if still unconfirmed.
---
#17forthnbackPosted 2/9/2013 9:42:25 AM
Demigod_Elessar posted...
Do you think the Arbiter would abandon his old ally, the Chief? Especially now that word will most likely reach him that John is alive? However, we do not yet know how the final Kilo-Five novel, and Sangheili Civil War, will play out. The Arbiter may learn of ONI's butting in and all of a sudden resent humanity (despite them being allies for the events of Halo 3). And while I'm sure this has no chance of happening, there is always the possibility that the Arbiter may lose the Civil War, or step down, or something.

But I do like the idea of the Librarian/Humanity vs. Didact/Covenant. I cannot wait for Silentium... just another month... hopefully it will answer some of the questions we are wondering; like which Didact is the one in Halo 4 (and where the other one is), and the whole deal with the Guilty Spark dupe, Installation 07, and the whereabouts of the real Librarian. March 19 is taking its sweet ass time to get here.

Also, for the final Kilo-Five novel, I wonder how they are going to have it play out? Are they going to focus on the Venezia storyline, in which case we will be back in 2553? Or will that be bypassed (or possibly summarized), and the novel will take place in present day 2558-59? I like what they've done with Spartan Ops, but revealing to us that Serin Osman is alive and the head of ONI (implying Parangosky's death), it will take away some of that suspence if the novel takes place back in the year 2553, before all of what we've currently seen has even happened... So, I am eager to find out what exactly the plot of the final Kilo-Five novel will be...

I think it will set up the states of the Insurrection and 'Storm' factions, to paint us a picture as to whats going on. Is the UNSC winning its fight to clamp down on them? Did the Arbiter and company remain viable as a faction, and are they still our allies? If that last one is the case, I'd love to see some of that play out in Halo 5. Would be pretty sweet to see a number of AI Elites and S4 sweeping through a battlefield of Prometheans. I liked fighting alongside the S4 in this weeks S-OPS, so who knows. Could be testing the waters for those huge battles they've always wanted to include.

Remember, Reach's cutscene for Tip of the Spear was supposed to end in a level that was a massive brawl between dozens of vehicles on each side, but they had to cut it.
---
#18Levo1414Posted 2/9/2013 10:02:14 AM
Um does noone pay attention to terminals?
The finger count is different part way through, BS is the one in H4 [excluding animation errors]
---
I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act - Jaime Lannister
#19forthnbackPosted 2/9/2013 10:24:53 AM(edited)
Levo1414 posted...
Um does noone pay attention to terminals?
The finger count is different part way through, BS is the one in H4 [excluding animation errors]

Whatever Didact is in Halo 4, that one underwent an additional mutation which made him look different.

Edit: Also, just learned that it is confirmed that the Ur-Didact is the one in Halo 4. The Bornstellar Didact is the one that stayed and fired the arrays. Greg Bear confirmed it.
---
#20forthnbackPosted 2/9/2013 10:26:14 AM
http://www.gregbear.com/blog/display.cfm?id=6897
---