Played some Team Doubles today ...

#1EDarienPosted 2/7/2013 3:02:26 PM
Yeah, that was mostly horrible. Consistently stuck with dumbass Rambo wanna-bes who would, at time, literally watch me die and then try to kill my assailant. This usually led to their death, as well, since the other guy's teammate was invariably behind him, which is why I died so quickly to begin with.

Couple their Rambo antics with them rage-quitting after we're down and me going 1v2 the rest of the match. Huzzah.

This discounts, however, the match I was in where I was on the 2 side of the 2v1 and when someone finally joined-in-progress ... they joined my team! Hurray for a 3v1! Wow was that boring.

Admittedly, when I heard Team Doubles was back, I got excited. However, I note that my excitement was part of my confusion. I'd confused Team Doubles (TD) with Mult-Team Doubles (MTD). Despite instant-respawn, which ruins about every gametype it touches, I feel like in MM, MTD would be a lot more forgiving (in regards to players leaving and JiP), as well as be more fun in a random MM setting. I can see where TD itself would be great fun with a partied partner, though, and why you guys, who seem to mostly team and play together from your posts, enjoy it so much. With randoms, though, it was horrid. One bad teammate after another. I was still able to win some, though, because the other team was equally as Rambo and idiotic, but it hardly made up for my own frustrations.

Is there any word on MTD coming any time soon, though? Those used to be fun games. Like 4-6 teams of 2 in a huge battle. Even some of the more "fun" gametypes like Mongoose Rockets and the like. Those were fun, too.
---
Lali-ho!
#2Msheridan1990Posted 2/7/2013 3:07:24 PM
r u going 2 b ok or should i stay
---
offical voice of the h4 community LOL
#3L337_MuffenPosted 2/7/2013 3:07:48 PM
Why were you searching with randoms?
---
Be careful around explosions, they're contagious.
GT: L337 Muffen
#4Msheridan1990Posted 2/7/2013 3:09:09 PM
L337_Muffen posted...

lmfao hes prolly an alcoholic LOL
---
offical voice of the h4 community LOL
#5bd0g5Posted 2/7/2013 3:14:16 PM
another extremely mad casual lmfao
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#6EDarien(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:14:47 PM
L337_Muffen posted...

Just got on for a bit today. I hadn't finished up Sp Ops this week, yet. Only did like the first 2 chapters on Monday, so finished them up and did some War Games to mess around before errands, etc. Figured I would try out the team doubles and that was the results. A lot of people who didn't know what to do, or how to use any kind of weapon synergy (all DMRs/BRs) and nobody understanding they could be OSKing people after I take their shields down. I was using PP a bit, too. Trying to set up some teamwork. Nobody seemed to care because they were mostly on the other side of the map anyway.

Also, nobody i know plays Halo anymore. Lot of my friends are all married, kids, etc. and/or they're in different time zones or going back to school and/or work full time. I myself am back in school, too. But still looking for work, I do get some play time here and there amid other responsibilities. I had one buddy try to get into Halo to play w/ me, but he was absolutely awful and that was just in campaign, on normal. So he quit playing Halo and, when he plays any game at all, sticks to Tiger Woods golf and we just BS while he plays that and I'm on either Halo or Sniper Elite.

But that's why.
---
Lali-ho!
#7EDarien(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:30:27 PM
bd0g5 posted...

Casual, yeah, very these days. Extremely mad, no. Just figured I'd post up my experience in the doubles. I'd read others mention the Rambo-type teammates, but got to experience it myself today.

Also, I find it funny that people like you refer to "casual" as a bad thing. I'm casual in my video gaming because I have other things to do in life. Some better, some worse than sitting around and playing games. Though, I was your age once, so I get it, to an extent. *hair ruffle*
---
Lali-ho!
#8elitewarrior500Posted 2/7/2013 3:32:35 PM
seriously though... dont do doubles without a friend (or a diabetic)
---
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf
GT: Ceph Falco
#9MlCKHEADPosted 2/7/2013 3:37:35 PM
And deeeeen?
---
GT: Micktory
#10bd0g5Posted 2/7/2013 3:39:06 PM
EDarien posted...
bd0g5 posted...

Casual, yeah, very these days. Extremely mad, no. Just figured I'd post up my experience in the doubles. I'd read others mention the Rambo-type teammates, but got to experience it myself today.

Also, I find it funny that people like you refer to "casual" as a bad thing. I'm casual in my video gaming because I have other things to do in life. Some better, some worse than sitting around and playing games. Though, I was your age once, so I get it, to an extent. *hair ruffle*

I'm not mad, let me type up a couple of paragraphs to show you!
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo