Question about the books.

#1denniedarkoPosted 2/7/2013 5:21:18 PM
As someone on this board recommended to me, I picked up a few of the Halo books. I started reading Fall of Reach and had a couple questions about it. It is the definitive version, if that makes a difference.

- Does Noble team appear at all in the book? I'm mostly curious if Jorge does, as he seemed a bit more attached to Dr. Halsey in the game then the others.

- The movie, Forward Unto Dawn, do those events happen in the book? Are they referenced at all? If not, then they did happen at some point during the events of the book, right?

Really enjoying the series thus far. Currently on Halo 3, and so far I think ODST has been my favorite, (had to order the soundtrack after about 2 hours of play). I won't lie either, I think the few VAs from Firefly really won me over on that game, not to mention the slight difference in things, (being a regular soldier, more open world, and again, that amazing soundtrack).

I have a few more questions, my apologies if annoying.

- I don't think it ever said in Reach if Jun, (I think that was his name), died. Does he ever show up again?

- I really like the Arbiter, and am curious if he appears at all in Halo 4. I know there is another Arbiter in Halo Wars.

- And about Halo Wars. The main character, (at least I think he is the main character), Sgt. Forge, is a regular soldier, right, not a Spartan? I am sure it probably says either way, I haven't started the game yet, just watched a few movies from the game on youtube, (they are pretty awesome).

Again, I apologize for so many questions, and I figure this would be the most active of the boards to probably get answers. I am loving the series, it is becoming one of my favorite series, (hate that I waited so long to play).

Thanks again.
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Halo (series)
Last Played: Halo Reach (8/10), Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (7/10), Halo 2 (9/10)
#2iRGushPosted 2/7/2013 5:22:44 PM
lmfao read more books nerd
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#3SomnambulisticPosted 2/7/2013 5:35:39 PM(edited)
- Does Noble team appear at all in the book? I'm mostly curious if Jorge does, as he seemed a bit more attached to Dr. Halsey in the game then the others.

They do not.

- The movie, Forward Unto Dawn, do those events happen in the book? Are they referenced at all? If not, then they did happen at some point during the events of the book, right?

They're not referenced in the book at all, although they happened around roughly the same time. Chief is about 15 or 16 years old during the events in FUD.

- I don't think it ever said in Reach if Jun, (I think that was his name), died. Does he ever show up again?

He doesn't. There is brief mention in another book of an unnamed Spartan who was currently with Halsey that suffered from a suit malfunction and died, but is never mentioned by name. Some people assume this was Jun.

- I really like the Arbiter, and am curious if he appears at all in Halo 4. I know there is another Arbiter in Halo Wars.

He's not in 4, but we've been reassured a couple times by 343 that it's not the end of him. We will very likely see him again.

- And about Halo Wars. The main character, (at least I think he is the main character), Sgt. Forge, is a regular soldier, right, not a Spartan? I am sure it probably says either way, I haven't started the game yet, just watched a few movies from the game on youtube, (they are pretty awesome).

He's just a tough ass Marine.
---
Would you like to know more?
#4Msheridan1990Posted 2/7/2013 5:47:55 PM
iRGush posted...
lmfao read more books nerd

---
offical voice of the h4 community LOL
#5L337_MuffenPosted 2/7/2013 7:38:14 PM(edited)
denniedarko posted...

Possible Spoilers as answers

As someone on this board recommended to me, I picked up a few of the Halo books. I started reading Fall of Reach and had a couple questions about it. It is the definitive version, if that makes a difference.

None of Noble team was mentioned anywhere aside from Halo Reach.

They're not in the book at all, but they happened around roughly the same time. Chief is about 15 or 16 years old during the events in FUD.

Really enjoying the series thus far. Currently on Halo 3, and so far I think ODST has been my favorite, (had to order the soundtrack after about 2 hours of play). I won't lie either, I think the few VAs from Firefly really won me over on that game, not to mention the slight difference in things, (being a regular soldier, more open world, and again, that amazing soundtrack).

I have a few more questions, my apologies if annoying.

None of Noble team was mentioned anywhere aside from Halo Reach.

The Arbiter in Halo Wars is the Arbiter before Arbiter, its not a name its a position in the Covenant that only one person at a time holds.

No Sgt. Forge is just a regular soldier.

Again, I apologize for so many questions, and I figure this would be the most active of the boards to probably get answers. I am loving the series, it is becoming one of my favorite series, (hate that I waited so long to play).

Thanks again.

---
Be careful around explosions, they're contagious.
GT: L337 Muffen
#6EDarienPosted 2/7/2013 8:08:04 PM
Not to hijack your topic, but it did remind me of something. Anyone else notice that Lasky looks much older in the FUD movie (CGI version, obviously) than he does in Halo 4, the game. Also, I thought Lasky was a lower rank than Captain earlier in the game and got promoted after the captain who ordered MC be arrested was denied and probably removed/left the ship for other career opportunities. But the movie he seems to be calling the shots and is the one to direct them to Requiem to save MC.

Just some confusion I got. Seemed, to me, related to these questions.

Thanks for anyone able to answer and does.
---
Lali-ho!
#7denniedarko(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:53:59 PM(edited)
Thanks for the answers Elder and Muffen, I appreciate it. And the other two, who didn't bother to contribute anything, but instead tried to start something, yes, I am a Nerd.
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Halo (series)
Last Played: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (7/10), Halo 2 (9/10), Halo 3 ODST (9/10)
#8forthnbackPosted 2/9/2013 12:55:01 AM
Everything is mostly answered here. Only things I can think of that add on to it, is that Jun was confirmed as alive post-Reach. Whether he died between then and now, or if we will ever see him used as a character again, remains unknown.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat . . . . . . . . . [[GT: Burns Like Dawn]]
#9forthnbackPosted 2/9/2013 12:58:15 AM
Oh, and that Forward Unto Dawn happens when Chief is very young, and on a different planet than Reach. When Reach actually falls, Master Chief is 41 and it takes place right before Halo 1.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat . . . . . . . . . [[GT: Burns Like Dawn]]
#10TM-RPosted 2/9/2013 3:33:35 AM
denniedarko posted...
Thanks for the answers Elder and Muffen, I appreciate it. And the other two, who didn't bother to contribute anything, but instead tried to start something, yes, I am a Nerd.

Kind of your own fault. It is common knowledge that the real tough guys and gangsters nowdays hang around messageboards braggin and tff.
---
Gametag: CrackT.