went on ancestry.com and found out my dad played halo 1

#11MephystoPosted 2/8/2013 7:08:31 AM
EDarien posted...
Halo CE was awesome. I still remember the tournaments we held in-store back then. It was absolutely THE game. And, with a little persuasion, the original XBOX was able to play it online with other like-minded gamers. That was really fun, too. Pre-Live.

I remember using xbconnect for it too. Sitting at the comp, clicking to join a lan match, then rolling my chair over in front of the tv to play, then rolling back over after the match to set up another one... only thing was if you didn't have more than one person on your xbox, nobody wanted to lan with you (due to the 4 xbox total on lan restriction). Minor gripe though, i just invited my friends over and we partied up to play... :P
#12SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/8/2013 8:35:01 AM
Halo PC was awesome. I miss that game so much. Sure, it still plays, but it doesn't have the 200k odd people online anymore v.v;
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#13imthestuntmanPosted 2/8/2013 8:57:54 AM
Anniversary just came out last year.....
#14SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/8/2013 9:12:12 AM
Anniversary=/=Original Halo CE Multiplayer
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#15EDarienPosted 2/8/2013 11:03:18 AM
Mephysto posted...
EDarien posted...
Halo CE was awesome. I still remember the tournaments we held in-store back then. It was absolutely THE game. And, with a little persuasion, the original XBOX was able to play it online with other like-minded gamers. That was really fun, too. Pre-Live.

I remember using xbconnect for it too. Sitting at the comp, clicking to join a lan match, then rolling my chair over in front of the tv to play, then rolling back over after the match to set up another one... only thing was if you didn't have more than one person on your xbox, nobody wanted to lan with you (due to the 4 xbox total on lan restriction). Minor gripe though, i just invited my friends over and we partied up to play... :P

Haha, exactly. The same. We used to go to my buddy's house to play. Either 2 at a time or all 3 of us. Was definitely fun times.

Also to the "Halo 1" Yeah, they're interchangeable. Maybe some people don't remember that it was released as Halo: Combat Evolved. They didn't know they had a blockbuster franchise on their hands, so it was released like every other sci-fi game. Title: subtitle. Like cheap B movies.
---
Lali-ho!
#16gofghxgPosted 2/9/2013 5:50:31 AM
SpiduxxudipS posted...
Anniversary=/=Original Halo CE Multiplayer

true...
---
I'm not saying He's batman, I'm just saying no-ones ever seen Darth Vader and batman in the same room together.