Halo 4 vs Spartan Ops vs Books conundrum (major spoilers)

#1plincoln21Posted 2/8/2013 9:19:52 AM
So Captain Osman is now Admiral Osman. I know there is a six month lapse from Halo 4 to Spartan Ops with Infinity returning to Requiem for further study. So I guess in that time Admiral Parangosky has kicked off. Sad because I liked her. And in roughly the same span of time, Jul M'dama has rallied forces to also take control of Requiem.

So what has become of Kilo Five? Of course the details have not been released. But where is the next book going to fit in? I think the obvious answer is it will fill in those six months. Most of the book will probably focus on team's involvement with the insurrectionists and ending with the breakup of Kilo Five.

And personally, I'm hoping John is reunited with Kelly, Linda, and Fred to put Blue Team back together. Maybe recruiting Namoi at the end of the book. Dev, Mal and Vas get their own covert ops ODST squad. Phillips gets a job researching a new Halo installation.

It would also be fun to see a little "sibling rivalry" between BB and Roland. Anyway, just spit-balling some thoughts that have been rattling around in my brain since the latest chapter of Spartan Ops was released.
---
Talk to me Goose
#2SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/8/2013 9:23:20 AM
Fred is still alive?

Wait, didn't Fred and Kelly get stranded on the Onyx installation?
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#3Topkick1975Posted 2/8/2013 9:26:41 AM
^ Yes, but since then, the Traviss books have rescued them... and the games seem to have ignored them.

Think John could use a little help from his friends.
And, the Spartan 2s should be leading the 4s. (Though they've earned a retirement if they wanted it.)
#4plincoln21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:32:14 AM
Fred, Kelly and Linda were retrieved with Halsey, Mendez and the S3's. I'm assuming John didn't know about them being found during the events of H4. He also didn't know what transpired with Halsey any more than she knew about him. Maybe even less. He was out almost 4 years before coming out of stasis and eventually getting back to Earth. Halsey gave Laskey a good slap in the mouth for not telling her about John being on the ship when he was.

Anyway, lots of possibilities, all exciting. Glad that 343 is making a concerted effort to make sure the books and games align.
---
Talk to me Goose
#5SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/8/2013 9:36:12 AM
That's right, that's right. I haven't read that because I'm a little apprehensive about picking up a book that Traviss wrote. Her Mando Love killed what little of the Star Wars EU wasn't already dead yet... I think I actually hate her.
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#6plincoln21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:41:01 AM
SpiduxxudipS posted...
That's right, that's right. I haven't read that because I'm a little apprehensive about picking up a book that Traviss wrote. Her Mando Love killed what little of the Star Wars EU wasn't already dead yet... I think I actually hate her.

Glasslands is good, definitely not Nylund quality. but fills in good cannon and sets up Thursday War which is a much better sophmore effort.
---
Talk to me Goose
#7forthnbackPosted 2/8/2013 11:13:56 AM
Well, the Kilo-5 novels take place in 2553. So technically, as S-Ops takes place in 2558, its been a 5 year gap for Osman to take over and Jul to rally those forces. Still, I expect that Naomi will end up working with the S4's, as will most of the other S-II. They are leaning that way, lore-wise. And who knows, maybe those two ODST she is traveling with will catch an upgrade.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat . . . . . . . . . [[GT: Burns Like Dawn]]